• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Runescape

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, i just got into playing runescape and love it already and went here looking for a thread with something to do with runescape and couldnt find one so i decided to make one myself.

This game has got to be the best game i have ever played. So far there is really nice people i have talked to and played with and the skill dungeoneering is just awesome.

Well i made a sociel group on here thats named Runescape so if you want to join it you can.

Hopefully we can all get together maybe on skype or something and talk while we play.. i think that would be fun.

So if you enjoy playing runescape then go ahead and post here :)

Tacel

Smash Lord
I haven't played Runescape in a while. I have to start up again. My friend is an addict. He' sreally good, too.
I'm level 50 something. My user name is Fiery Keaton.

Also, OH MY GOD @ YOUR POST COUNT :p

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i hope to play with you soon on runescape. Maybe we can do some dungeoneering together?

My name on RS is Lv 1 0 0

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ahhhh Runescape... Goooood times. I've poured so many hours of my life into this game that I often look back and ask myself "I wonder where I'd be now if I had spent all of those hours hanging out with friends, studying, etc. instead of playing Runescape."

The game is incredibly fun and addicting, but honestly, it's just a life killer. It took me a good 3-4 years of being addicted to RS to realize that it's just a grind-fest. To anyone who plays RS still, just remember to play the game in moderation, and not ALL the time like I did. In example, I spent a good majority of my 2008 summer break getting from 82 to 99 range. I now look back on that in disgust and wish I had spent all of that time with friends or simply doing something else more fun.

ANYWAYS, I don't play this RS anymore, but I had two accounts in my RS career (feel free to look up my second account):

E0010- This was my first account and I had it for about 2 years. It was pretty much a main account with balanced stats and a really high total level. Unfortunately, I got caught cheating once and it ended up getting banned. I was extremely upset when this happened and I ended up quitting, but eventually I came back because I missed the game too much.

I_B_Hustl1n- After being away from RS for about 2 months and not having my account anymore, I decided to make a new one and start all over. But unlike my first account, I made this one into a PKer (45 def pure) since I was much more knowledgeable about PKing than I was when I first started playing RS. Thanks to my previous 2 years of experience, this account became a lot more successful than E0010 ever was. I was able to get my first 99 ever in RS (range), as well as 94 magic and 90 HP, and I was only level 87! :laugh: It also has around 50 mil on it, as well as a fire cape! I still have this account to this day and I get on it every once and a while to check up on good ol' RS.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Nice story TRG.

Thats one reason why i quit gunz the duel because i would be online for like 6 hours and it only feel like 30min... i blew off going outside and i wouldnt even go to the store with my mom because i was so addicted... soon i realized after about a year that it wasnt worth it. Like 1 side to that helped me in the long run because after playing that i now have super fast fingers but it really wasnt worth it to ecnore my family like that.

I do see myself playing runescape a lot but i dont see myself staying on it 24/7 and missing out on life, you only live once so im going to live life at its fullest.

TRG.. if you still feel like playing sometime and would like to do some dungeoneering with me for fun that would be great but i do understand if you just dont want to play.

Edit- Btw do you have skype?

Also i just looked at where you live and you only live 1 state away from me.. it would be nice if we could go to a tournament together sometime this summer.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Best part of Runescape:
Scamming.

Unfortunately, it's basically impossible to do that now.

Also, I had something like 50+ accounts that I scammed from people. Good times.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Best part of Runescape:
Scamming.

Unfortunately, it's basically impossible to do that now.

Also, I had something like 50+ accounts that I scammed from people. Good times.
I did it all the time

Yeah, I played that game hardcore 3 or 4 years ago. It was sooo good. I nostalgia every time I think of it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ahh I lost interest in RS once they got rid of 'The Wilderness' and all the security restricting trade. No more drop trading haha.

Good times, pking with awesome team and going to Lvl40 wilderness to the GDZ. Played for about 4 years.

Had a a dozen accounts, the majority pure PK accounts.
Yea you do realise it's a grindfest but it was great fun PKing, hence why I'd always start new accounts solely to PK, with one main making the money to fund my wildyPK addiction.

A lot of the new feature are meh. 'Bring back the wilderness Pking' can still remember players striking and protesting at the time.

Lmao, went on for the first time in a while, and my younger bro accidentally entered a PvP world unknowingly, and teleported to Varrock from Lumbridge wearing full Zamarok. Needless to say he was killed as the town of Varrock was being loaded and lost my full Zam. I just laughed...

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Quit why'll you still can, its not even good but its addicting and will take to much of your time up once you quit you'll laugh at why you even cared about your stats on a video game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nice story TRG.

Thats one reason why i quit gunz the duel because i would be online for like 6 hours and it only feel like 30min... i blew off going outside and i wouldnt even go to the store with my mom because i was so addicted... soon i realized after about a year that it wasnt worth it. Like 1 side to that helped me in the long run because after playing that i now have super fast fingers but it really wasnt worth it to ecnore my family like that.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I do see myself playing runescape a lot but i dont see myself staying on it 24/7 and missing out on life, you only live once so im going to live life at its fullest.

TRG.. if you still feel like playing sometime and would like to do some dungeoneering with me for fun that would be great but i do understand if you just dont want to play.

I might hop on again sometime to check out dungeoneering for a bit. When I do I'll surely let you know!

Edit- Btw do you have skype?

Unfortunately, I do not.

Also i just looked at where you live and you only live 1 state away from me.. it would be nice if we could go to a tournament together sometime this summer.

What kind of tourney? But I'm going to be pretty busy this whole summer with college visits and stuff, so I don't see myself being able to attend any events this summer.
Comments in bold!

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i was talking about brawl but.. thinking about it, i might not be able to go to any tournaments myself lol. But once my dad gets back he said he will fix my router and hopefully wifi wont be so bad then and i can enter wifi tournaments :)

Oh and i know what im getting myself into, i used to play this game about 2 years ago and got to a pretty high level and now im back and im still loving it.

Ilike the fact that if your playing for 30min it really feels like 30min and not being 3 hours lol.

Oh and yal be sure to join my social group called Runescape

HotWings

Smash Ace
^ I totally agree.

Btw what is a very good money making guide?

Oh and i bought membership like 3 days ago and ive been training on rock crabs... it is very boring but i kinda want to get 40 in all combat stats and then maybe move on to a noncombat member skill.

I kinda want to do a lot of member stuff while i have it but i really feel like doing mining+smithing and wcing+firemaking and fishing+cooking... them all sound so fun but i kinda need to do some combat stuff while i can still train at rock crabs lol.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea...PK'ing and Free Trade are back!

I don't really play as much as I use too because of school, hahaha. This game is a major time killer though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well i was talking about brawl but.. thinking about it, i might not be able to go to any tournaments myself lol. But once my dad gets back he said he will fix my router and hopefully wifi wont be so bad then and i can enter wifi tournaments :)

Oh and i know what im getting myself into, i used to play this game about 2 years ago and got to a pretty high level and now im back and im still loving it.

Ilike the fact that if your playing for 30min it really feels like 30min and not being 3 hours lol.

Oh and yal be sure to join my social group called Runescape
I live in AL... where you at?

And, I use to play this. A. LOT.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Ah, didn't see there was another one of these, guess that explains the deletion of the other one yesterday.

Anyways, I play occasionally, my ign is Corneria.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I was thinking of creating a thread like this a while back but ended up deciding against it.

Username: DbTibbers

Although, I change my name about once a month anyway so this probably won't stick for long.

My biggest accomplishments thus far have been 99 Ranged and 85 Slayer (which is how I got the 99 Ranged). I'm not sure what I plan to do now, but I'm leaning toward getting 99 Herblore. I want it. So bad.

Oh why does it have to cost like 300m? :(

Ahhhh Runescape... Goooood times. I've poured so many hours of my life into this game that I often look back and ask myself "I wonder where I'd be now if I had spent all of those hours hanging out with friends, studying, etc. instead of playing Runescape."

The game is incredibly fun and addicting, but honestly, it's just a life killer. It took me a good 3-4 years of being addicted to RS to realize that it's just a grind-fest. To anyone who plays RS still, just remember to play the game in moderation, and not ALL the time like I did. In example, I spent a good majority of my 2008 summer break getting from 82 to 99 range. I now look back on that in disgust and wish I had spent all of that time with friends or simply doing something else more fun.
I agree with this, but luckily for me I mostly love gindfests, prefer to have mainly acquaintances, and lean mostly toward nihilism. So I don't really have any regrets from playing this game as much as I do.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I stopped playing pretty recently. The only skills I enjoyed were runecrafting and agility, and I really couldn't justify paying for members for how rarely I played. And f2p is dull.

Untrimmed agi cape, get at me.

RSN: Yu-ichi

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I stopped playing pretty recently. The only skills I enjoyed were runecrafting and agility, and I really couldn't justify paying for members for how rarely I played. And f2p is dull.

Untrimmed agi cape, get at me.

RSN: Yu-ichi
That cape is nuts

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I played this game for too long >_> jus re subbed last month to try the game out again..

rsn is Deeeeejay

99 slay l0l :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I played for about a month... When I was in elementary...

It was fun needless to say but my rpg hating personality made me quit eventually when I realized how boring Runescape actually is

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I just got on to see if my account was still active, and I just noticed it had been 603 days since I've been on. Lol, I moved on to WoW anyway, though I stopped playing Warcraft a while ago.

j3ly

Smash Champion
add me people, RSN is J3ly

im starting a clan for pro gamers, should be fun talking about tournaments and shiz in game!

OP add me if you want, i main melee but should be able to put that aside and do some dungeons if u still play. got 71 dungeoneering with promethium 2h and shadow hood bound :)

no 99's but cb 111

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it does, a lot has changed but somethings have been re-instated like wilderness and free trade. Also jagex have finally added proper in-game clan support, 10 years too late but nevertheless....
On a runescape related note I recently got 95 attack now to get 95 str and def, how many smash boarders still actively play I wonder?

EDIT: my rsn is same as my username here

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I just recently unsubbed... I've been maxed since I think 05 or 06? :| My last achievement was completing wgs to camp tds. I got 2 claws but just got bored ;_;

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
On a runescape related note I recently got 95 attack now to get 95 str and def, how many smash boarders still actively play I wonder?
I seldom play, a lot less interested than I used to be now though. Going for Smithing cape, and it's killing my interest in the game. Not too interested in the combat-aspect of the game though :urg:.

greenie

Smash Rookie
Man it's be yonks since I played Runescape but yeah... it's one of the most addictive games I've ever gotten into... sooooooo many hours of gameplay!!

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
higher than my 14 dungeoneering three :p really can't stand that skill and the stupid xp rates...

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I spent over 365 total days ingame playing this...that's a lot of hours. I was addicted to this game...and it's not even good! Luckily I quit like a year ago, but never again.

j3ly

Smash Champion
just sold everything to spend all my time merching, went from 31-51m so far :)

wish i never spent all my money skilliing... could have started merching with alot more money

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I fail at merching, most I ever made was 5mil on dragon pickaxes I think about 8 months ago.

Top Bottom