• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RULES OF NATURE! Raiden for Smash Ultimate thread

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Jack the Ripper is ready to tear it up!

Snake's back so now it's time to get Raiden on the Hype Train.

Who?
Under construction.

Why should he be in Smash?
Under construction. But basically:

Come on, wouldn't that be awesome in Smash?

What are his chances?
Under construction.

Supporters:
Runic_SSB Runic_SSB
Llort A. Ton Llort A. Ton
The Sparrow The Sparrow
S SEGAGameBoy

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played 3 Metal Gear games. So, I don't really know much about him (Snake Eater Remake for 3DS, Phantom Pain, and Ground Zeroes) I support!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah! Ready for the storm god to m... Oh, wrong Raiden.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
He's the best character from Playstation All-Stars to make it into Smash because Metal Gear was already represented.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I doubt he will be in. If anything he would replace Grey Fox as Snake´s AT, though I would like to have music from his game in Shadow Moses.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I doubt he will be in. If anything he would replace Grey Fox as Snake´s AT, though I would like to have music from his game in Shadow Moses.
Ditto.

I'd welcome Revengeance Raiden but I don't see it happening. Maybe as an AT to replace Gray Fox, maybe he'll be in some Codecs. But I really do hope we get the Revengeance soundtrack in Smash. Because Revengeance has one of, if not the greatest OSTs in any videogame.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Why would he replace Gray Fox? Would Gray Fox be unable to make it as an Assist Trophy?

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
If this will increase our chances of getting to Smash to RULES OF NATUUUUURE and It Has To Be This Way then I'm all in. All things considered, we probably will have him as a regular trophy as best, and I doubt we'll get him because Snake's in (and Simon Belmont seems more popular), but that... that soundtrack. All of it. Beautiful.

gmanextreme9

Smash Rookie
NNID
gmanextreme9
I feel like Raiden is the best choice for another Metal Gear rep. I don't think his chances are enormous, but I think he'd be one of the few unique sword-based characters they could add.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I think his chances of being playable are almost nonexistent, but I'll support him nevertheless :p

He's pretty much my favorite Metal Gear character (besides Snake), so of course I'd love to see him somewhere in the game! If it came down to it, I'd honestly be okay if he replaced Grey Fox as the MGS Assist Trophy.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
I dont think its a double post if 2 days have passed, so I will write some stuff again.
If Raiden actually gets in, which i highly doubt(except as DLC if there is an Rising 2 announced for Switch(which I highly doubt aswell)), he could have his own codecs with Rising chars, like Doktor, Blade Wolf and the lame ones that no one likes. Also Blade Wolf could be an Assist(I just really want him to be represented, he is my favourite Metal Gear char). Maybe the EXCELSUS could be a stage, or some level, like Denver with some random enemies. He definetly has a lot of potential and if Sakurai looks at him he would propably realize it. I´ll be happy as long as Collective Consciousness is a track in the game tho.

SuperRay24

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1767 8910 7496
RULES OF NATURE! GET HIS ASS IN HERE. ITS TIME. ITS TIME BOYS. MAKE HIS DASH ATTACK A CARTWHEEL. BOOM. DONE. ITS TIME.

D

Deleted member

Hey there ****ers, I'm in
>under construction
Don't make me do this again

triangulous

Smash Rookie
to everybody saying that he probably would not be playable, we have to remember that sakurai once said ridley wouldnt be able to be playable, but look where he is now

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hmmm, while I don't care much about Raiden himself, I am interested in a character who wields a vibroweapon (especially a mechanically-powered one) entering the roster. BD

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
I support Raiden, but I have to say, MGS2 Raiden please, I love rising but I dont want a 2007/2009 Snake and a 2018 Raiden in the same game, its weird.
(If Rising Raiden is a skin I agree)

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Aprils Fools joke, but Raiden's voice actor is all for having him in Smash.

Lav_Corgi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3729 6199 2391
I literally only made this account to say you have no idea how fricking happy this thread makes me ;ω;

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
While he probably wouldn't be in the Fighter's Pass since that introduces new franchises to the game and Ultimate already has Solid Snake, Raiden would be a great addition in Smash 6.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! I'd love to see Raiden get into Smash with music from Metal Gear Rising. Both originals and new remixes. They should get Jamie Christopherson to do a Smash remix of RULES OF NATURE!

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if this thread is as dead as a door nail, it's time for Jack to let'er rip! Having a sleek, combo oriented swordfighter would be a boon, and Raiden would have no problem distinguishing himself from Chrom and Roy both in moveset and aesthetics. Adding the Rising boss music would be phenomenal, although idk if they'd be expensive to licence. And think of the memes... exquisite!

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I'm surprised support for Raiden hasn't surged a bit with the reveal of Sephiroth. Count me in.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
When it comes to second characters from a pre-repped third party IP, Raiden might be one of the best choices possible. Seriously, how do we not have Metal Gear Rising music in Smash already? Snake was negotiated in 2015, two years after Metal Gear Rising's release, and you're telling me that Sakurai or literally anyone in the music team didn't think "How about Metal Gear Rising music?".

M@R!3

Smash Ace
When it comes to second characters from a pre-repped third party IP, Raiden might be one of the best choices possible. Seriously, how do we not have Metal Gear Rising music in Smash already? Snake was negotiated in 2015, two years after Metal Gear Rising's release, and you're telling me that Sakurai or literally anyone in the music team didn't think "How about Metal Gear Rising music?".
Were there any new Metal Gear tracks in Ultimate? I can't think of any, but I'm not well versed in Metal Gear aside from MGS3, MGSV, and MGR.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Rising music might be a licensing nightmare, but I'm not sure. If they went out of their way to include Raiden though, I'm sure it would be no big deal.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Metal Gear Rising music might be a licensing nightmare, but I'm not sure. If they went out of their way to include Raiden though, I'm sure it would be no big deal.
The only copyrights I see for it on Spotify are Konami, but that probably isn't the whole picture. There's always the instrumental versions, though that would take out a lot of the allure of having Raiden in Smash.

StarMagician

Smash Cadet
with geno out of the running I'm lending all of my support to RAIDEN (or big boss) for Smash! here's hoping we get it at the reveal tomorrow folks! good luck!

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
So what do you guys think of Raiden being one of the last 2 fighters? I think it's higher than people might think. I've seen him do well in a Japanese poll.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I'd like to see it, I just have no idea how likely it is. Sakurai has shown twice now than base game spirits are fair game, so no problem there. But is Raiden a character Nintendo would prioritize? Would Konami play ball? And are there rights issues with Rising's soundtrack that would complicate the affair?

I'd love for Raiden to be included, but I'm skeptical at the moment. There's just not a lot to speculate on with him atm. All there is really is the Bomberman costume as a slight point against a Konami character generally.

Top Bottom