• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion

Where: Fuddruckers
  • 1975 Diamond Blvd, E-260 Concord, CA 94520

When: July 29th, 2012

Cost:
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 ($10 per person)
TO fee - $5 (Fee will be waived by bringing a full set up. TV + console.)

$5 dollar TO fee will be split among the TO's helping run the tournament. Venue is free as ****.

9:00AM-11:00AM**

Schedule:

9:00am-11:00am - SIGN UPS BEGIN OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT
11:00am - Doors open
11:30am - Teams begin

2:30pm - 3:30pm - Singles Begin (tentatively)
8:00pm - Clean up Begins
9:00pm - GTFO

SETUPS

We need ALL the setups we can get. This means TV's, cube, and melee discs.

• For anyone bringing a full setup (TV+Cube+disc) you will not have to pay the $5 T.O. Fee
  • For anyone bringing a partial setup (TV or cube/disc) you will receive $3 off the T.O. Fee
  • For anyone bringing a RECORDING setup, and maintains it throughout the tournament, you will RECEIVE $5 for your troubles. (all videos will be uploaded to the meleepacwest youtube channel for convenience)

Prizes:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%
(may change due to attendance)

Doubles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

*Prize payout may change due to the amount of players entered. If enough people enter (100+) I might switch it to a top 5 payout instead.

Melee Ruleset
  1. 4 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Pause is set to “Off” (Non of that quick reset bull****!)
  4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
  5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
  6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  7. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  8. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.
  9. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
  10. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
  11. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
  • Who ever has more remaining stock left.
  • If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by who ever has less percent.
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to “On”
  2. Items set to “Off”
  3. Pause is set to “Off”
  4. Life stealing is allowed.
  5. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
  6. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Set Procedure Player (Advanced Slob Picks)
  1. Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
  7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player/Team that has already won on that Stage in this set unless agreed upon but both parties. (Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule)
  8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
  9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
  10. The next match is played.
  11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.

Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:

Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1)
Singles Stage List

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
  3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
  11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO’s discretion.

If you have any questions, contact me on
Facebook, or on aim (osidefxo), or on my cell: (925) 408-9646

or join the Norcal Melee group on facebook!

sidefx

Smash Champion
Melee Singles Results:
(92 entrants)

Singles Bracket

1: Mango ($450.00)
2: KirbyKaze ($270.00)
3: Ray Charles (Dajuan) ($135.00)
4: PewPewU ($45.00)
5: Bladewise ($10.00)
5: S2J ($10.00)
7: Wes
7: Lucky
9: Darkatma
9: Lovage
9: Zac
9: Zhu
13: SilentWolf
13: Tafokints
13: Fly Aminita
13: Kels
17: GERM
17: Toph
17: Darrell
17: Bob$
17: TAI
17: SilentSpectre
17: Sung
17: ZeldaFreak
25: stabbedbyanipple
25: Phil
25: Scar
25: Gishnak
25: Brandon
25: Tang
25: La'Drya (Alan)
25: Sheridan

Melee Doubles Results:
(27 teams)

Doubles Bracket

1: Zac + Dajuan (Zac + Dajuan) ($260.00)
2: Hugos a Buster (Mango + Lucky) ($156.00)
3: Brandon + PPU (Brandon + PPU) ($104.00)
4: Scarwes (Scar + Wes) ($20.00)
5: Man Candy II HD Remix (Alan + KK)
5: Double Dragon (SS + Tang)
7: S2J + Lovage (S2J + Lovage)
7: Dirty Leaders (Atma + Bladewise)
9: Germ + Phil (Germ + Phil)
9: Fly and Zhu (Fly + Zhu)
9: Gishboobs (Tafo + Gishnak)
9: Silent Toph (Toph + Silent)
13: Darrell + Bob$ (Darrell + Bob$)
13: Khepri + Kels (Khepri + Kels)
13: stab + sung (stab + sung)
13: Sheridan + Peter (Sheridan + Peter)
17: HUGQ + TheCrimsonBlur (HUGQ + TheCrimsonBlur)
17: Theo + Nima (Theo + Nima)
17: KevAids (Kevin + Aiden)
17: Team Beard (Lorin + Killua)
17: Story of the Delusional Betas (Goose + Luke)
17: Lost Fetus's ()
17: Lactating Phallus (coolkid + Justin)
17: Team P-town (Fly Taka + Nardis)
25: Northern Sexiness (Socknose + Sparky)
25: Ridiculous Poor Imagination (Carp + Wu)
25: Laying in the Dedekind Cut (Coolian + Violence)

sidefx

Smash Champion
woops .

edit: Project M may or may not happen due to time constraints. If we do itll be capped as **** like last time.

edit2: Project M will not be happening due to time constraints.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I know you aint bustin out my secrets.

You need to calm down little mrs bin laden

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hype

@Boback: Do you have a ton of tvs already from Genesis 2 or do you need people to bring some? I've got 3 or 4 so let me know.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i'd say just fly into sf and try to arrange a ride or something with your housing. could fly into oakland as well, but i'd imagine that will cost a lot more. prob want to avoid san jose unless it's significantly cheaper

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I got a good Fox controller! Gonna be practicing every day in preparation for this. Kicking *** and taking names!

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm new here. *noobface*
I'm a noob at melee but I want to get better and I figure this is the best way to do it! Hope to see you all there. :D

p.s. I live in Antioch, CA (really close to concord).
There's a chance I won't be able to make it, but here's hoping for the best.
But at the very best I might be able to bring 3 people with me.
(my other online pseudonym is "etiou".)

sidefx

Smash Champion
glad to hear there are still fresh faces to this game after all these years.

i host monthly tournaments at fudds every month, you should try and make it out to one.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
glad to hear there are still fresh faces to this game after all these years.

i host monthly tournaments at fudds every month, you should try and make it out to one.
Sad part is...I've been playing melee for almost 6-8 years. XD not exactly a new face as much as a forevernoob. Got project m last month and really digging it, brawl drained me of my love of smash after a while, but pm brought it back.

That's really sick! I'll definitely do that. Main thing I am looking forward to is being around a bunch of high level players. No one in my social circle is very good or does AT's so it will be a cool learning experience.

Thanks sidefx :D

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'll be in Santa Cruz then, but if someone there can give me a ride up I'll be able to make it!

Tiny152

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a pretty new Smasher and I'm by no means good (I've gone to a few fests back near my place in NJ). I'm out here in Berkeley for the summer and I've been missing out on some Smash action for a month. I have no controller with me, so I don't think I can enter the tourney, but are people playing friendlies at the tournament? Will there be any extra controllers lying around? Also, will any noobs like me be there? Even if I can't play, I may see if I can hop on the BART and make it out there.

Tiny152

Smash Rookie
Nice, that's awesome. I appreciate it, man. I'm pumped for this. Just wish there were some locals here in Berkeley who played that I could practice with :(

sidefx

Smash Champion
ill try to look in july for a sunday date to run a pre regional tourny but i highly doubt it. i usually have to get the dates 2 months in advance and its july, so its probably already taken.

also, i just want to note this here, and ill reiterate it on the first post.

Friendlies will be kept to a MINIMUM to begin with. Later in the day when the bracket is thinning out, there will be a higher amount of friendlies going on. I cant stress this enough, but i need everyone to PLEASE follow directions and be ON TIME, or else this tournament will NOT FINISH. We only have ONE day for a turnout expected to be around 100 people or so. We must have everyone comply with our directions and stop playing friendlies when we ask you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom