• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 Monthlies @ Fuddruckers

sidefx

Smash Champion
full results are on the front page

edit: wes was a second seed, but i admit i should have changed it. we were running late and i missed zhu/wes being so close.

my bad

seeds were:

1: Bob$
1: Sung
1: S2J
1: Zhu
1: Moon
1: Mango
1: Darrell
1: Dajuan
9: Lovage
9: SFAT
9: HMW
9: Tafo
9: Atma
9: Phil07
9: Wes
9: ZeldaFreak
17: sidefx
17: J666
17: Toph
17: Choknator
17: Anson
17: Alan
17: L
17: Hyprid

edit again:

it wasnt first round, it was 2nd. zhu had a bye, wes played anson 1st round.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Ryo. Nice seeing you again. Hope you didn't get mugged on the BART.
Hyprid, good luck in NorCal. I'll get those brownies some time.
Damn it, Theo. From now on you just bring lemons with you AT ALL TIMES. No excuses.
Atma, lol Doc. Good job placing so high.
Anson, good games.
Rook. Yo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i see commonyoshi and thecrimsonblur a lot on the boards lol. but idk what either of you look like and didnt even know youre in norcal. unless you came with socal? idk. lol. hit me up on fb or something

hm people dont really do post-tournament shoutouts anymore but i think i will do some

boback - thanks again for the tourny man. i wish i couldve made it to the regional but its always freakin stacked at fudds, so im happy there was another one so soon.

socal - wish i could've played more of u. u guys are scary because you have all played against FLY and therefore know the matchup better than most of norcal, cuz me and boback are not as good as fly (yet)

also to socal - u guys get pissed when i edgehog your mistake, but im not gonna stop doing it...

zhu - total **** man. GG's and see u again whenever. you are the only one who knows what to do in that matchup, and i was only able to download a few things from playing u... hopefully i can figure out some counters to what i saw.

tafo - i think im just gonna camp next time so i dont fall for stuff that made me feel dumb. LOL. i'll fight jank with jank!!! we'll see...... :). you are a strong thinker when it comes to melee, i like it.

darrell - sry man LOL i felt bad. my ic's got totally ***** and i just thought... u know what? i'm gonna pick YL cuz my YL has been on fire today and i am gonna lame it out as much as possible.... being near samus is scary so i just avoided it. LOL. maybe i'm frustrating to fight, even mango called me gay. i wouldn't know because i've never played against myself, and berto/kizzo don't know my trix... hahahah gg's though man.

alan - i didn't even use young link and he won me the set. rapeeeeeeeee. and i look forward to seeing u at every tourny i go to (in other words, once a year) and u give me that "WTF are u doing here?" look

patrick - nice teaming with u. keep getting better at the game. i think we mesh well, but u just gotta step it up! let's play more

mikkuz and ky - nice to meet u both and play u in my pool. nice to play old school players. u guys are pretty good, it'll be cool to see u at more tournys so u can learn all the new school stuff

bizz - please stay for singles next time

project m - wish i could've played more of u!!!!

melee SD - young link doesn't need buffs

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Shout outs longer tahn usual cuz I hung with some youngs for 2-3 days.
Norcal-So good, thanks for showing OOR people why we are the best region not only skill wise but personality and legit people wise.

Socal-Thanks for coming out, it was very interesting to hear how much your community differs from us.

Kelans house people
Kelan-really nice of you to have everyone at your place.
ManGOD- I believe. You're insanely adept at whatever you want to do. Don't "gangbang" you're way to intelligent for that, you have something 99 percent of people don't, a willingness to excel at something and the outlook to do it.
Oscar- you have an awesome personality and we have the same opinion on alot of people hahah. Wish I got to pick your brain more and commentate with you, I think you are the BEST commentator in Smash. I am a high proponent of high level players like you commentating. I feel like you don't have anymore goals in Smash and need some kind of a challenge to get you to play your best like you do in teams. I think your due for an OOS/national tournament, because you always perform well when "it counts" and when you have extra motivation.

Young young young Johnny- man its such a blast playing you, feels like Isai all over again. Needless to say your Falcon is incredible. Much props for beating me convincingly in tournament. Also you should always take my advice because I'm always right about everything including my amazing sense of humor! playing with you Friday night for like 3 hours straight after everyone was asleep was probably one of the funnest times I've had playing smash. I hope you keep improving and break everyones conceptions of what Falcon can do. Your fox matchup is absolutly incredible, the way you actually USE your moves. Safe to say your the only falcon that understands reading and spacing just as well as the other. Now I think once your matchup knowledge and edgeguarding improves you could possibly become a top 5 player as ridiculous as that sounds with Falcon. Also I love the emotion you showed at the tournament, thats what competition is all about.

Toph- Man you need to stop hanging around cool people so much because I think it's rubbing off on you man. hahah. Naw but your an awesome person to talk to about a Variety of subjects, you are well traveled, well read and just as goofy as me. I like that you're very competetive and you seem very hard on yourself to improve which is good. I think it would be beneficial for you to start reading movement more, like following peoples dashes and baiting more with your own movement.

COOLIAN- There is no amount of cool =coolian. your such a chill dude always having a good time and so damn intelligent. always have the thirst to learn whether its smash or the world of CS.

Josh- awesome **** man, I think everyone should spend at LEAST two days with you, because honeslty it takes that long for people to GET you. haha, your a blast and you're really easy to talk to. Old school swag.

GGs to everyone I played.

Zac- on your off day you get 5th...thats just not fair. You were playing like **** the whole day, no worries it happens. You need to simplify the falco match up, you're making it too complicated. Playing mangos falco is nothing like playing other falcos so relax and **** the other ones. You should have gotten 2nd at this tournament IMO.

Eric- Thanks for teaming, we shoul have warmed up more with friendlies and ****, but we did well either way.

Also the best thing ever is when good players have a sense of humor, people at Kelans house were so cool.

anson

Smash Rookie
i had too much fun thanks guys =]

see you at the next one in like a yr..... lol

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Good stuff guys.

Boback - Thanks for another awesome tournament!
Julian - thanks for helping out, I saw you putting in work

Mikkuz - It was fun playng your old school fox
Choknater - Tough matches in pools. Glad you did well in bracket though
Zhu - I'm 0-12 now against you =((
Ky - Your marth isn't bad. Stick with it!

J666 - good stuff winning an "unwinnable" matchup. Definitely great
Brandon - GGs. It's awesome to see you at a tourney
Westballz - I got whooped =(

Sung - great friendlies
Hyprid - glad to have you up in norcal =)
S2J - Glad to see you up here. Congrats on 2nd!
Lovage - Awesome to have you up here as always as well
Mango - too good. let's get some friendlies in?
SFAT - who did you lose to ?_?
Dajuan - stop choking
Darrell - always a pleasure to see you despite your busy schedule
Atma - Great stuff placing well

L_ - I sucked in teams, thanks for teaming with me though!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
bump for bracket?

Darrell why you go falco on young link? Falcon would've worked much better imo.
i agree that would've been his best bet

he will next time i'm sure

but then i will just have to try to win round 1 lol

L__

Smash Master
teaming with you is fun tafo

but teaming with sheiks in general feels difficult for me lol

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
haven't done this in a minute, but **** it.

posted on here specifically to shoutout johnny

that was the most fun I had playing singles in idk how long. It was cool because your spacing and move selection was sooo solid but you have balls and don't play like a *****, I respect that a lot.

and shoutouts to phil, we held it down in teams and hanging out with you Sunday was prolly the best part of the day.

oscar - it sucks cuz I know you played like straight ***, a combination of being forced to play melee while full on fudds = catastrophe.

Bobby/Tafo (I'm kinda putting you guys in the same box)

ggs whooping me, and apologies for me acting frustrated (Im pretty sure I was corgile, but in my head I was going ham).

I just simply don't have the patience to play those matchups anymore, I noticed now that I lose to anyone who isn't fox/falcon and it kinda sucks.

I made a goal one day to actually try to improve myself and beat you guys (especially daniel/ anyone who's good with a defense *** character). It bothers me cuz I've beaten you guys a ****load before and I'm seeing myself legitamitely starting to decline. Pretty sure its an ego thing but seeing myself lose like that bothers me. At the same time my own personal battles dont have **** to do with how much better you guys have gotten. I didnt post this as a means to guilt trip or make you guys feel bad for winning, thats why we compete and you guys just outplayed me i cant think of any legit reason why i lost. This new era is so much more sound now (at least norcal anyway). Pretty sure I've lost to everyone I use to beat a few years back, it shows how much better both you guys and this region got as a collective. I think I just posted this as a note to myself, whenever I get the time to really put in the work, ima go ham.

as to everyone else you guys are all homies and it was great seeing every last one of you :)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

im sorry for being real antisocial/ quiet for most of my trip, i'm normally not so silent as **** but...

i smoked too much every single day, sometimes to the point where i couldn't even talk when i wanted to

im sorry, substitute alcohol and i woulda been a way friendlier d00d

hopefully u guys had fun playing me tho

==

***** dajuan though and held it down for Socal. For those saying Socal is slippin... stupid phucks...

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL BRANDON your sig.

Brandon I'm gonna whoop you next time we play in tourney and it's gonna be off me playing legit as ****

Gonna end my 4-year streak of losing to you in tournaments LOL.

And Bobby, thanks for the shoutout. Talking to you is also extremely fun and, I guess educational lol. I'll take your advice to heart.

sidefx

Smash Champion
http://i.imgur.com/xF7UK.gif

my bad about the bracket.

thanks for coming out guys, not sure if there will be another in september, depends on my hw. If anything i might be able to reserve the room for you guys and julian/sheridan can take over and run it while im not there.

october i know for a fact i prob wont have one, due to big house, happening, and my sisters wedding.

julian get on that ITT :D

Top Bottom