• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Up smash Spike

Someturtlesaregreen

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to make landing this easier?
Any time I get remotely close to landing it, the opposite player goes down, hits the ground, and then gets sent up like a regular up smash.
Example for those who might be new to this-

Example taken from a reddit thread that helped me 0%

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, in that situation it might make more sense to use a short hop dair to meteor him. The only advantages to the up spike is the spike and it is disjointed. The move lands at the tip in the first few frames, so just practice I guess. It is pretty hard to use.

LSDX

Wah!
Easier for this is subjective. Out of his four spikes/meteors(?), this is probably the illest and hardest to properly set up. I've had my best luck at the edge of platforms and ledges, but I believe it's all DI dependent on the opponent.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Easier for this is subjective. Out of his four spikes/meteors(?), this is probably the illest and hardest to properly set up. I've had my best luck at the edge of platforms and ledges, but I believe it's all DI dependent on the opponent.
I thought he had 3..

Top Bottom