• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Roy's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
One question: When a move has 360+ degrees in knockback, what does that mean?

I mean shouldn't 366 technically be 6 degrees or am I just missing something obvious?

Also while I have no doubt as to the accuracy of your info and I truly thank you for all you do, I think that you shouldn't just throw away Indigo's work so casually. I mean he also put a lot of effort into it I am sure.

Not trying to start any kind of fight, and again, thanks for everything you do for the community.
366 is the Autolink angle. It knocks people in the direction you're moving.

Also.

No.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So let me get this straight : Fair is IASA frame 30 and autocancels on frame 33.
If you SHFair you suffer the Fair landing lag, but you can input another move before landing.

Does that mean that Roy's SH is between 30 and 33 frames long or am I missing something ?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So let me get this straight : Fair is IASA frame 30 and autocancels on frame 33.
If you SHFair you suffer the Fair landing lag, but you can input another move before landing.

Does that mean that Roy's SH is between 30 and 33 frames long or am I missing something ?
That is exactly right.

I'm going to go through older characters because starting with Ike's page, I've added SH and FH air time in frames.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Thanks and good luck with that haha.

Also a small suggestion for your site : make a direct link to the stat pages (like /smash4/weight) in the smash 4 directory. I had no idea the lists were there until I accidentally clicked on one in a character sheet.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thanks and good luck with that haha.

Also a small suggestion for your site : make a direct link to the stat pages (like /smash4/weight) in the smash 4 directory. I had no idea the lists were there until I accidentally clicked on one in a character sheet.
Do you think a separate link in the header would be good? like, "character attributes" or something?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Imo a small section above the character section would be good, but it can be in the header or under the character section as long as it's easily accessible.

And now that I think about it you could also add some compilation of comparative roll, dodge and edge data. Maybe that's asking too much lol, but I could help if you want.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Imo a small section above the character section would be good, but it can be in the header or under the character section as long as it's easily accessible.

And now that I think about it you could also add some compilation of comparative roll, dodge and edge data. Maybe that's asking too much lol, but I could help if you want.
Something like this?

http://kuroganehammer.com/Comparison

?

That's planned for every action in the game.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well then I have nothing to add, looks like your site will be the smash 4 equivalent of my personal Brawl sticky list and that is something worthy of much praise.

NNID
Redwalker
3DS FC
2423-3213-8820
Anyone else (or is it common practice) use his Jab kind of like an interrupt? It's just quick enough to throw out there to stop an attack in its tracks or stop a string. It feels like when I land enough of these it staggers their line of thought which affects their playing style.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else (or is it common practice) use his Jab kind of like an interrupt? It's just quick enough to throw out there to stop an attack in its tracks or stop a string. It feels like when I land enough of these it staggers their line of thought which affects their playing style.
I too use his jab to interrupt strings and opponent movement. Depending on the hit (either weak hit other strong hit of jab) can net me a guaranteed follow up. Another good way to interrupt would be dtilt which gives you space.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Bit of a noob question, what's a 'Dominating' style? Is that saying he can do near anything because of his high damage and speed stats?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Bit of a noob question, what's a 'Dominating' style? Is that saying he can do near anything because of his high damage and speed stats?
Dominating are characters with great normals or specials, generally have a high damage output, are fast and can KO fairly easily.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
What is Roy's aerial acceleration? And is his air friction really low like Marth's (it seems to be)?

Dwiz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dwizzy787
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means a frame-perfect shorthop fair, you can save yourself 2 frames of landing lag by inputting a nair right before you hit the ground?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means a frame-perfect shorthop fair, you can save yourself 2 frames of landing lag by inputting a nair right before you hit the ground?
No, because nair does not have any early autocancel frames.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
According to Mastercore, Marth, Roy, and Lucina all early AC on frame 1 of Nair. But that's not what he was asking, he meant can you take the landing lag of another aerial in a SH Fair (Nair has 13 and Fair has 15)?

I believe the answer is yes, but I'm not sure. The reason I say this is you cannot transfer autocancel frames of another aerial's early AC or else Roy's would be using Uair/Bair/Dair after SH Fair (this was already a question I asked elsewhere) to eliminate landing lag. You can probably transfer landing lag though like you're asking, but I have no proof. Try using SH Fair to Dair. If you get Dair's landing lag then you know you can also use Nair to get less.

Edit: But you're better offer just fast falling after SH Fair because that saves way more than 2 frames

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom