• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roys f-throw-> n-air? Any tips? (Closed)

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
I love playing Roy and would love to pick him up as a secondary. Though I never seem to land f-throw-> n-air. I know it's his best combo at low percents. So do you guys have any tips for landing it?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I love playing Roy and would love to pick him up as a secondary. Though I never seem to land f-throw-> n-air. I know it's his best combo at low percents. So do you guys have any tips for landing it?
It's not guaranteed on the whole cast. Here's the optimum combos guide to help know when to use which throw at which percent.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Thanks so much! This is just what I needed. Also, does f->n-air work better with a little percent tacked on?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Thanks so much! This is just what I needed. Also, does f->n-air work better with a little percent tacked on?
It's based on fall speed and weight class, as most of Roy's combos are. F-trhrow > nair > nair is a combo for floaty and mid-weight characters. They are not true on fast fallers, so use the combo options listed in the fastfallers section instead. I'd recommend you read the guide, the combos are all listed there with a rule of thumb % range to try them at lol.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Thanks again man. This will be a judge help! And If u ever need tips with ike u know who to call.

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
Most Roy combos work better with percent tacked on. Easiest example to see is jab -> jab. At 0 it doesn't work on a lot of characters, but it will almost always work if 3 or 4 percent is already on them. This is because at higher knockback, you are stuck in the 'hit' animation for a longer period of time, effectively making the window to combo larger because the opponent won't be able to act out of the hit frames before you can throw out another attack.

As for fthrow nair nair, it works reliably even on fast fallers at mid percent. You could conceivably string 3 nairs on a fastfaller if the stars align.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Thank you, everyone, for your help especially the combo list. I spent a few hours laying the combo and finally got my rhythm down. So no more help is necessary. Thanks again :)

Top Bottom