• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's biggest fears?

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I am just curious what is a good way to beat a roy. I don't have trouble in that matchup, because I play Ness, but it can be very close at times.

A roy player I play the most is really reliant on F-Smash. I have noticed.

Mark Kadah

Smash Rookie
Listen, this is coming from a Roy's perspective. Your pk fire and your upair juggles are absolutely essential to winning this match up.
Pk fire, because pk fire is EXTREMELY annoying for Roy to deal with. The only ways for him to avoid it are to DD around it, shield it, or jump over it, two of which take away lots of his offensive momentum. After that you should see if If you can hit him with pk fire in neutral, because you can get a grab for free unless they sdi it fast. Another thing you need in this match up is a solid punish game. That's where the upairs come in. Roy, being a fastfaller(think foxish fall speed), gets eaten alive by Ness's upair strings. After you tack on enough damage with juggles/pk fires/grabs out of pk fire, then you can backthrow Roy into the shadow realm because Roy's recovery is garbage. Also Since Roy relies on flare blade (his side b) to recover, you can probably pk thunder him for free but idk you have to test that on your own.

Top Bottom