• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Angled Up B

GhostM

Phantom
Not sure if anyone has ever discussed about this, but I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of people who have already discovered this before I did. I was messing around in 20xx playing with Roy until I discovered something unique about Roy's Up B that allows you to angle his recovery to put more of an emphasis on a horizontal angle than his usual high vertical angle. When performing the trick, the trick is to slightly angle the control stick upwards so that you can be able to perform tilt attacks, and then perform your recovery move. Once you perform your recovery move (depending on whether you're facing either left or right), you must quickly either angle your control stick to either the left or right notches and wiggle it, which will look sort of like survival DI but at a lower angle. The end result is an angled up B that can help you recover horizontally towards the ledge, which is better than Roy's normal up B angle. You can also produce various different angles depending how you angle your control stick.

I decided to record gameplay of the angled up B on Dolphin, but please don't mind the graphical problems that the game is showing. I have alright specs, but not good enough to really record nor run gameplay at the same time, and it's the main reason why I don't normally play netplay often, due to lag. Make sure you pay attention towards the input layout in the top of the screen, as it will show you how to perform Roy's angled up B when facing either left or right. It's possible to do it in normal play.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
i'm pretty sure this is already known

Last edited:
Top Bottom