• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Roy's and Marth's neutral B's fully charged

Melee maniac

Smash Cadet
I'll need this code for something I'm doing and I would like for someone to make it for Me

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
This overrides the interface created in Crazy Hand for doing the same thing:

Code:
-==-

Marth and Roy always have fully charged B attacks
[Punkline]
Revision ---- DOL Offset ---- Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code -
NTSC 1.02 --- 80136b84 ---- 40810014 -> 60000000
NTSC 1.02 --- 80136c5c ---- 40810014 -> 60000000

I recommend using Crazy Hand to do this instead, since you will have more control over what the move actually does, and can modify Marth and Roy separately.

Marth and Roy (as clones) use the same animation interrupt function for governing the B charge mechanic. They may be individually modified to change the way the charge is handled in this animation interrupt using the “Character specific Attributes” in Crazy Hand.

The bottom 2 attributes here are used to calculate the damage of a partially charged attack:

The highlighted attribute, “Charge Animation Iterations ...” can be used to tell the game how many charging steps you want it to wait for. Each iteration is 30 frames. The damage calculation is only applied to partial charges, so the last iteration will be replaced with a "Full" charge.

By setting the iterations to 0, you can cut out the charging steps; causing the calculated damage to be ignored. This will make entering the charging state (by holding for a single frame) cause the character to be fully charged, just like this code does.

Note that if you let go of the charge on the very first frame, it will still be counted as a partially charged attack with only base damage. You can negate this by altering the base damage used in the calculation from Crazy Hand, if desired.

The “Full” charge uses normal hitboxes in the character subactions, and does not rely on the calculated damage numbers. So, to change how much damage is done on a full charge, you just need to edit the hitboxes in “Neutral-B End(2)”. The aerial version seems to use a subroutine to copy the grounded version, so you only need to modify the grounded one:

Last edited:
Top Bottom