• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy tournament representation

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
This thread should be a list essentially of Roy's in tourney. Just respond saying how you placed, the tag you used, who you lost to and how you lost, and a challonge link if possible. Thank you

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
How good was the one guy you beat in losers?
Not that good and tbh when I went against Cinna in losers. Right when I sat down to play and he took out my first stock I felt really depressed. So I just threw my second match.

Also I feel like your a very active melee Roy (even though your profile says Marth) do you want to join the Skype chat for Melee Roy mains?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
i only use roy on terrible people and in friendlies lol. im very knowledgeable about him/a big fan but gave up practice after i started trying to get good.

maybe i could

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Tbh Roy's ariels are bad but they are not the worst ever like his n-air and f-air and pretty ok. Plus u-air (L-canceled) has like 4 frames of landing lag. But yah Roy's far better on the ground then he is in the air

Orion_

Smash Rookie
I like to think of Roy's sword as a flaming pool noodle that he swings around while he punches you for the real damage.

I usually enter tournaments as Orion, though my tag is ーにこフ.

I can't seem to track down the Challonge brackets, but my main tournament so far has been Smash in the Woods in Olympia. They tend to be 10-24 man tournaments, and so far I think my best run in Melee was a WLWL streak. I've gone up to SSG up in Tacoma a few times and won a few matches, though I haven't gone past maybe the third round.

I went to the Oregon SHFFL last week and did not make it out of pools, though I had some good friendlies throughout the day afterward.

Now that school is over with, I'm hoping to put as much effort into Melee Roy as I have into PM Ganondorf. At the moment my main practice partners play Marth and Falco. I'm working on those matchups, for now, since those two characters are huge in this area. I think Falco is the more difficult matchup for me, since I have difficulty getting in against laser spam.

The Hunter

Smash Cadet
masashi played an exelent roy back in the days of oldschool melee, but today. any "allready heard names/tags" of roy players in america?

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Kind of already said them earlier in this thread, I'll expand further....

In America for the old school era it was Neo by a mile (and even today still had the best Roy IMO)
Neo vs Husband is an excellent set to watch

New Era -
Sethlon (retired Melee Roy)
Ripple (retired Melee Roy)
Pyro

Sorta secondary Roy -
Ken (retired Roy)
PewPewU
Vist
V3ctorman

Sort of as a joke (innate skill far outweighs technical prowess/practice) -
Mew2King
Vudujin

Last edited:
Kind of already said them earlier in this thread, I'll expand further....

In America for the old school era it was Neo by a mile (and even today still had the best Roy IMO)
Neo vs Husband is an excellent set to watch

New Era -
Sethlon (retired Melee Roy)
Ripple (retired Melee Roy)
Pyro

Sorta secondary Roy -
Ken (retired Roy)
PewPewU
Vist
V3ctorman

Sort of as a joke (innate skill far outweighs technical prowess/practice) -
Mew2King
Vudujin
I would say all of those players are super old. Sethlon I think was back from 06 stuff. Rest in peeach Neo Roy.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
I'd say mew2king probably has the best roy (back in like 2013/2014, though because m2k is bad now)
I would say all of those players are super old. Sethlon I think was back from 06 stuff. Rest in peeach Neo Roy.
sethlon pulled out his roy earlier this year and made second place at a weekly.
ppu pulled out roy for a foundry because of a tweet from amsa but he did poorly
yeah thats it

m2k hasnt sandbagged with roy since probably 2013 when he was able to and all...

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
A guy at smashing grounds just advanced pretty significantly with roy. I'll see if I can find his tag

Edit: never mind he won once lol

Last edited:

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Got 2-0 both brackets because Roy is bad. But I plan on more tech practice.

Top Bottom