• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Roy is top tier?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
No. Roy is bad because his hilter is worse than Marth's tipper, and he's slower and has hitbox problems.

Moneybags

Smash Rookie
Nobody takes playing roy seriously.. maybe Sethalon when he plays melee? If someone devoted to being good with him we might see some potential. Weak hits help extend combos and roy has a lot of potential to get those...

Also roy is the only "melee" character. His release game is melee.

Green_Bluebird

Smash Rookie
When your only positive trait is a disjointed hitbox, and the best part of that hitbox is the part closest to your hurtbox, you are a pretty useless character. Plus his recovery is the worst in the entire game in my opinion, he's horrible combo bait, and he's a ton slower than Marth in general (the worst of all being his trash Utilt). The only thing he has that's better than Marth's is that his Dtilt launches, and even that's only marginally useful in a lot of matchups..

What exactly do you think he has that's better than Marth?

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
Roy is God Tier, He's better than Fox.
Honestly, I made this thread knowing Marth is technically better but I was expecting reactions like MoneyBags, also I know Roy is a Melee character and he didn't come back till tr4sh in a DLC. I wanted to talk about the ideas of not techincal skill but the player's skill and why no one plays Roy. Yes his only benefit is his disjointed hitbox but along with his moves being a copy of Marth, to a certain extent, Roy could be as useful as Marth. Think about Pichu then think about Roy.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
User was warned for this post
Roy is a meme. This is not how I wanted to get back on smashboards. Anyway Roy is a meme and thank you for the informative hitbox talk, I am not informed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom