• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy is dubbed in English now confirmed.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
No actual words are said, but those grunts and yells are definitely not Fukuyama's.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
A little hard to hear over the announcer but yeah I can tell his voice is different, personally I'm actually glad about this because I can finally understand what Roy(and Marth) sentences when they win a match.

For those who prefer the Japanese voice you can switch between them.

liudaepic

Smash Rookie
A little hard to hear over the announcer but yeah I can tell his voice is different, personally I'm actually glad about this because I can finally understand what Roy(and Marth) sentences when they win a match.

For those who prefer the Japanese voice you can switch between them.
Wait you can switch them? I never knew that. That's amazing, because personally, I've always loved the Japanese voices of Roy and Marth. I'm definitely switching them over to Japanese.

One question BTW, can you change the voices for individual characters or is it as a whole cast? And does changing the voices affect the text languages?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Wait you can switch them? I never knew that. That's amazing, because personally, I've always loved the Japanese voices of Roy and Marth. I'm definitely switching them over to Japanese.

One question BTW, can you change the voices for individual characters or is it as a whole cast? And does changing the voices affect the text languages?
I haven't found out yet but I do know that there's an option to change the voices.

One thing though is they should have subtitles for Japanese voice quotes during victories, this is something I haven't found out yet either.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ray Chase was definitely a great choice for Roy and I’m glad that he seems to be Roy’s permanent voice actor now.

It’s worth noting that you can’t actually change individual voices like a Street Fighter game. When you change a language, the entire game becomes that language, so I hope you like Reflet and Kamui and Purin and all the other weird Japanese names.

liudaepic

Smash Rookie
Ray Chase was definitely a great choice for Roy and I’m glad that he seems to be Roy’s permanent voice actor now.

It’s worth noting that you can’t actually change individual voices like a Street Fighter game. When you change a language, the entire game becomes that language, so I hope you like Reflet and Kamui and Purin and all the other weird Japanese names.
Ouch that hurts. But tbh I never really cared for those guys anyways, since my 3 mains have always spoken Japanese (Roy, Marth, Mewtwo)

But I'll probably keep it in English anyways for consistency purposes. I've played FEH and I think Ray Chase is pretty good. But I still like Jun Fukuyama better. What a shame :(

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
For anyone who wants to hear the audible manliness that is Roy’s voice. Puberty hit our boy like an eighteen-wheeler.

godogod

Smash Ace
Nice. english voice. Honestly through out that match, I was hoping Pichu would win. How the hell did Roy kill Pichu with ded at around 30%? that's some b.s.

Flon

Smash Cadet
I'm really happy with Roy's English voice. You can tell there's a lot of respect for the original voicework too.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nice. english voice. Honestly through out that match, I was hoping Pichu would win. How the hell did Roy kill Pichu with ded at around 30%? that's some b.s.
I mean, it’s a lightweight near the blast zone, I’d be pretty upset if DED didn’t kill there.

godogod

Smash Ace
I mean, it’s a lightweight near the blast zone, I’d be pretty upset if DED didn’t kill there.
must be really short blast zones... I saw Mewtwo backthrowing C Falcon in warioware stage from th middle of the stag and killing him at 90%.

Top Bottom