• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Roy: Hitboxes and Frame Data [3.6]

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
I haven't worked on anything PM related since the end of 3.02.

I dislike the direction that was taken with 3.5, and I don't see myself working on PM until:

1) I've finished Smash 4 frame data
2) 4.0 (or a build I actually like) is released

Whichever comes first.

Luckily though I think Roy was barely touched. iirc it was dair and side B?
Out of curiosity, what is it about this patch you don't like? (I don't like it either).

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Will we be seeing updated frame data from someone on 3.6? I'd do it myself but I am clueless on how I would do it, and even then I don't think I'd have time.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Will we be seeing updated frame data from someone on 3.6? I'd do it myself but I am clueless on how I would do it, and even then I don't think I'd have time.
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
I'd be willing to pick up the torch if thread ownership can be transferred. If that is possible under Smashboards and you are willing to let it go, that is.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd be willing to pick up the torch if thread ownership can be transferred. If that is possible under Smashboards and you are willing to let it go, that is.
Would be more than happy for you to take over. :)

Currently only administrators and senators can transfer ownership, so you'll have to ask one of them.

@ Locuan Locuan @Neo Zero

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Would be more than happy for you to take over. :)

Currently only administrators and senators can transfer ownership, so you'll have to ask one of them.

@ Locuan Locuan @Neo Zero
Hype. Thanks a bunch, this is really going to help the PM chats we have on Discord.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Thanks so much, @ Sartron Sartron . Could I request that you split up the DED GIFs though? Also would you mind if I rehosted these? The site that I'm using this a lot on doesn't seem to like your site a whole lot. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much, @ Sartron Sartron . Could I request that you split up the DED GIFs though? Also would you mind if I rehosted these? The site that I'm using this a lot on doesn't seem to like your site a whole lot. Or maybe it's the other way around.
You can rehost them if you want. I'll create separate gifs that have DED split up, but I'm going to leave the combined ones in the thread (for space reasons, the side special section is already big enough :p). I'll edit this post or just repost when I make em.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
You can rehost them if you want. I'll create separate gifs that have DED split up, but I'm going to leave the combined ones in the thread (for space reasons, the side special section is already big enough :p). I'll edit this post or just repost when I make em.
Thanks!

Taytertot

Smash Ace
When will down air spike?
there isnt a specific timing in the animation where it doesnt spike while the hitbox is active. the spike hitbox is on his shoulder and is about the size of his shoulder. idk if the hitbox on his elbow also spikes but if you hit your opponent with both the spike hitbox and the blade hitbox(s) then the blade hitboxes take priority and will knock your opponent up instead.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
is it just my computer being crappy or do some of the hitbox gifs not show up in the frame data spoilers?

also ive been looking at ftilt in debug mode and noticed that in comparison to the gif sethlon put up ftilt in 3.6 seems to have a longer range because when i go into debug and use ftilt going frame by frame the tip hitbox is centered just past roy's sword.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
So I finally got around to trying to rehost these and every time I try to save them it gives me "Failed - No file"

Any help?

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I can't help with PC problems, I can save just fine. :(
Ergh. I tried on another computer and got the same problem. Would you mind uploading all the gifs and linking me to them so I can download? Sorry for bothering you dude.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
i know this thread has been dead for some time now but Sartron Sartron is the shield advantage data for each individual hit of DED assuming that you arent continuing to the next DED hit? it seems as though DED hits are less negative on shield if roy uses the next hit in the series.

by this i mean that the first hit of DED is -19/-20 on shield but my guess is that this assumes that roy waits for the animation to finish instead of going for the second hit of DED which would start before the end of the entire animation for the first hit of DED therefore making it pretty safe on shield.

Last edited:
Top Bottom