• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy CG

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
So Roy has a pretty intricate Chaingrab. I've only practiced this against no DI Foxes, so I only know the no DI version.
Roy's uthrow has a weird trajectory-up and slightly behind. Roy thus needs to TURN AROUND when Chaingrabbing. Do uthrows until about 40%. Then use a few up tilts or just u/fsmash. If you up tilt, you can juggle Fox offstage for a kill with uairs and fairs. You can also WD into ftilt to get them offstage. If you usmash the followups are harder to get because they'll be higher in the air. If you fsmash make sure to do it towards the closer end of the stage, as you have no followups off of it.

This could make Roy:Fox not hell

Note: This might not work at 0% because of the lack of good KB.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
roy already has a pretty decent MU against fox, with the reward off getting a grab being one of those things.

roy has tons of ways to make FFers DI incorrectly, and open up good punish options with better reward compared to a lot of the cast. coupled with his space coverage and overall speed, fox doesnt have an easy time against roy. his CG certainly aids in creating this though.

kevlar14

Smash Rookie
Roy's dthrow --> side-B --> dthrow works as a decent jab reset against semi-floaties/floaties up to around 50% depending on DI.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
this is how I fight fox: Dtilt or grab into Fsmash into edgeguard. That is the bread and butter gameplay and can work well. I feel we are solid vs Fox. much better off than a lot of characters.

Top Bottom