• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
so 3 marths in one game, cool...
Ones a princess, ones a girl, and the other has red hair! all different variations of Marth! Now the trick question, which is the girl and which is the princess?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Roy would be cool, just to have the whole Fire Emblem Smash cast together, granted I would've preferred Chrom cause even if he is in Robin's final smash they could easily do something similar to Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom where if one player plays as Chrom and the other plays as Robin, the Chrom that appears in the final smash would have a different color scheme. Also to be honest, I don't buy the Ike clone nonsense cause I played Awakening and he doesn't really have Ike styled sword strikes, if anything he'd be one more Marth and they could've gave him Roy's hilt properties.

Ryu would be the bees knees for me because I'm a fan of fighting games and Ryu is like the godfather of the fighting genre, not to mention Ryu represents my mentality with fighting games, like Ryu I WANT to fight stronger opponents so that I can improve myself so Ryu connects with me in that sense. That and how hype would be to have Ryu fight Captain Falcon? In fact I demand that Ryu's reveal trailer is a reimagining of Vanilla Street Fighter 4's opening but with Captain Falcon in Ken's place.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm happy to hear about Ryu, but I wish it was Ibuki instead:(
Too bad she isn't nearly as popular:glare:

Renlock

Smash Rookie
I can already see ryu as a playable character
Ryu's neutral combo: can be his abc chain from mvc3 with a knockback at the end similar to falcons gentleman
Nair: Jump roundhouse from sf4 working as a sex kick
Fair:Jump fierce
Dair: Evil ryu dive kick
Bair: Something new like a backwards kick with great knockback

Neutral B: hadoken
Side B: joudan sokuto geri (donkey kick)
Up B: shoryuken
down B: Hurricane kick with recovery properties when done in the air
Final smash: shin shoryuken with cinematics.

Dtilt
: cr medium kick from sf4, it would be godlike if they made that move combo into hadoken just to make him feel just like street fighter.
Utilt: cr fierce working as an anti air
Filt: High kick from mvc3 and umvc3

Also he could have a lot of palette swaps (ehem, all the shotos colors:ken, sean, akuma, sakura, dan etc.)

Who wouldn't want the top fightning game icon in smash? I do think he deserves a spot, there's no doubt he's an icon so why not?

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
I'm not hyped in the least it's most probably fake the sound is pretty low quality, and I myself am more of a KoF guy, though yeah I want Roy but maybe as a Marth alt
Though yeah seen capcom strategy in the Capcom vs series at the same time, I'm not surprised in the least because of Ryu since they like to milk SF for all it's worth

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If this is true, this destroys the entire "One character per 3rd party company" unwritten rule.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I can already see ryu as a playable character
Ryu's neutral combo: can be his abc chain from mvc3 with a knockback at the end similar to falcons gentleman
Nair: Jump roundhouse from sf4 working as a sex kick
Fair:Jump fierce
Dair: Evil ryu dive kick
Bair: Something new like a backwards kick with great knockback

Neutral B: hadoken
Side B: joudan sokuto geri (donkey kick)
Up B: shoryuken
down B: Hurricane kick with recovery properties when done in the air
Final smash: shin shoryuken with cinematics.

Dtilt: cr medium kick from sf4, it would be godlike if they made that move combo into hadoken just to make him feel just like street fighter.
Utilt: cr fierce working as an anti air
Filt: High kick from mvc3 and umvc3

Also he could have a lot of palette swaps (ehem, all the shotos colors:ken, sean, akuma, sakura, dan etc.)

Who wouldn't want the top fightning game icon in smash? I do think he deserves a spot, there's no doubt he's an icon so why not?

Ryu should have a super meter mechanic similar to Mac's KO meter, where he builds it by attacking and getting attacked. He is then able to spend this meter on EX moves and even a super.

Press A+B+direction all at the same time do do an EX move. To do his super move, you actually input Quarter Circle Forward+A+B when the meter is full, just like in an actual Street Fighter game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would be down for some Street Fighter content. Ryu is an excellent choice as his move set would be rather easy to implement and is currently the leading man for Capcom. Plus, it would be awesome to have the Temple Roof stage, a Chun-li Assist Trophy, and trophies for the SF series.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I disagree completely.

Street Fighter was a household name for SNES as well.
Street Fighter IV 3DS outsold both the Wii U Ninja Gaiden launch title and the 3DS Dead or Alive game by a substantial amount.
Ryu is easily the most recognizable fighting game character in existence.
Capcom is already collaborating on the title with Nintendo due to Mega Man's inclusion.
Furthermore Capcom as a company is putting out more projects on Nintendo hardware as a whole.

No matter how you slice it, Street Fighter Ryu always had a better shot.
I was a little tired when i made that post. I was meaningto say "deserving", not really about likelihood of getting in. And don't get me wrong, SF was big back in the SNES days. But NG came first as far as Nintendo is concerned and Capcom already has a character. The only guy more DESERVING imo is Simon Belmont, who would be an amazing character too

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's a rumor
1.) Three Marths
2.) A 4th non-Nintendo character in a game primarly about Nintendo crossover

seriously

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope it's a rumor
1.) Three Marths
2.) A 4th non-Nintendo character in a game primarly about Nintendo crossover

seriously
1) Assumption on your part

2) A character who's series revolutionized the fighting game genre and quite possibly the reason why we have Smash Bros today.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Not seeing it. Doesn't help that it's basically impossible to balance Marth and Roy without one just being better. Lucina is more balanced Roy.
Not necessarily. If Roy has a larger sweetspot area and a little bit stronger "flub" tip, he can be a whole different character on his own. At the least, he'll be a semi clone with his neutral B being different and special attributes (and maybe his melee down air)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While not my feeling on Ryu being rumored....

I just had to. Sorry.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
The funny thing is if Ryu is the Smash Ballot Winner i'am gonna laugh out loud XD

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo imported all of the other major fighting game franchises into smash.
aka
Ryu- street fighter
Doctor Doom - MVC
Morrigan or J talbik(the werewolf guy) - Darkstalkers
Sigfreid - Soul caliber
ECT
I am in support of this.
Hey, I'd pay $5 to do foot dive resets on Captain Falcon.

Solcast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panda-san21
OMG YES! PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE AND DON'T LET IT BE ANOTHER STUPID RAYMAN CRAP BECAUSE ROY IS MY BOY!!! :DDDDDDDDD

And screw all those people that say that Roy is a worthless clone of Marth and that he sucks. :p In my book, Roy is a valuable character in the Fire Emblem series and he SHOULD NOT be underestimated if used awesomely. If he does become a DLC character, I will totally main him and whoop all those Roy haters in the face >:)

Anyway, I hope he does come back because Smash won't be Smash without Roy in my opinion.

Oh, and about Ryu...he is interesting and I certainly don't mind him joining the party ^-^

mariohead64

Smash Rookie
TCRF confirmed it. If it wasn't in previous updates beforehand, then that means....

No breaks on the HAMBACONBOOKIG train guiz

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Roy would be cool, just to have the whole Fire Emblem Smash cast together, granted I would've preferred Chrom cause even if he is in Robin's final smash they could easily do something similar to Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom where if one player plays as Chrom and the other plays as Robin, the Chrom that appears in the final smash would have a different color scheme. Also to be honest, I don't buy the Ike clone nonsense cause I played Awakening and he doesn't really have Ike styled sword strikes, if anything he'd be one more Marth and they could've gave him Roy's hilt properties.

Ryu would be the bees knees for me because I'm a fan of fighting games and Ryu is like the godfather of the fighting genre, not to mention Ryu represents my mentality with fighting games, like Ryu I WANT to fight stronger opponents so that I can improve myself so Ryu connects with me in that sense. That and how hype would be to have Ryu fight Captain Falcon? In fact I demand that Ryu's reveal trailer is a reimagining of Vanilla Street Fighter 4's opening but with Captain Falcon in Ken's place.
Captain Falcon pulls his fist back. "FALCON..."

Ryu clasps his hands together and forms a small ball of purple chi. "METSU..."

"PAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!!!!!!!"
"HAAAADOOOOOOOOOOOOOUKEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!"

Trailer ends.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I would be down for some Street Fighter content. Ryu is an excellent choice as his move set would be rather easy to implement and is currently the leading man for Capcom. Plus, it would be awesome to have the Temple Roof stage, a Chun-li Assist Trophy, and trophies for the SF series.
Yeah I agree, his colors could be some of the other Shotos like Dan, Akuma, Ken, maybe Sean if Nintendo even remembers him, his custom moves would be either the different Shoto versions (For example, one of his custom hurricane kicks would be Dan's hurricane kick equivalent.) or the EX versions of his specials. Oh and he should have have a sweet spot on his shoryuken where if you hit an opponent just as you throw it out, Ryu will instead do the Shinkuu Shoryuken animation which would deal more damage.

Ryu's gonna be so fun, I hope this is real.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I really hope all of this is fake. I'd be so unhyped by those characters. I wouldn't pay for them. Seriously, there's enough Fire Emblem characters in Smash already, and Ryu doesn't have a Smash feeling. He wouldn't even be interesting, all his moveset will be punches and kicks. And the Hadoken will be like Lucario's Aurasphere.

What I want for DLC is Nintendo characters from series not represented yet.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Normally I'd be excited for any characters, but with the recent announcement for votes taken into consideration, I'm a bit disappointed. Especially since it's not free. Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier, but now I have a right to be picky knowing that we're getting additional characters without a doubt.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'm kind of annoyed with the possibility that Roy may return. They gave us Lucina, an almost exact copy of Marth. Why didn't they give us Roy in the first place when he is at least a little more different than Lucina is .

All I know is, Roy either better be an alt or have an entirely different moveset.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I would be all for Roy, but thanks to Lucina's inclusion, it would probably make it feel both redundant and bloated IMO.

Ryu, though. Yes please.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
> People here being under the assumption that Roy would play the exact same way he did in Melee.

:facepalm:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I have a question:
In this section of the files in Smash, are their separate files for Bowser Jr., Larry, Wendy, Ludwig etc.?

If so, isn't it possible that Roy is being added simply as an alternate costume for either Marth or Lucina? That'd be cool, but I would also love seeing him return in his former Melee glory, I won't lie.

As far as Ryu goes, I would LOVE to see him implemented into this game. I know he's in a lot of cross overs, but he always feels generally the same. Smash has such a different play style than typical fighting games, so it'd be awesome to see how he translates.

Not to mention how much I LOVE that music from Street Fighter...

I hope this is all true.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai wouldn't add a Roy alt for Marth for the same reason he didn't add Doc, Lucina, and Dark Pit as alts for their respective characters. If he thought it would be frustrating for those 3 to be alts, he would think the same for Roy as well.

Not only that but Roy as an alt for Marth doesn't even work with their different attributes and playstyles.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Ryu? Seems kind of dumb to put in a character from a fighting game series into Smash, but hey, I'm game. But Roy? No. I don't want to see Roy comeback. If I wanted to use Roy, I'd play Melee or PM. I'd rather see Brawl characters comeback than Melee characters.

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
I really hope all of this is fake. I'd be so unhyped by those characters. I wouldn't pay for them. Seriously, there's enough Fire Emblem characters in Smash already
You can never have too many fire emblem characters. They are just fantastic.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Oh boy I wonder what Ryu will use as his neutral b (hadoken) or his up b (shoryuken) this is gonna be so fu-ResidentSleeper.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Well if Capcom gets Ryu.
Namco should get Klonoa... But will probably be Jin Kazama
And Sega? Akira Yuki? Lol!
None of those fighters are Ryu level of iconic tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom