• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Even with that grain of salt, I don't know how to take this. I can see, if by some far shot, downloadable content is in this game, Roy & Mewtwo being in the game(s), but for some of the posters here suggesting that maybe Lucario and Marth will be taken out of the USA/EUR versions to include Mewtwo & Roy from the get-go...don't even joke like that.

Now, I don't know how downloadable content work, but shouldn't there have been some character data on Roy and Mewtwo somewhere hidden in Brawl (besides their victory music)? Like incomplete 3D sprites, in-game sound effects like grunts and yells of these characters, etc...So far the only thing we have to go by are their victory themes.
There is... there are seven character data files that don't actually have characters on the playable select screen. It would be nice to find out exactly how large the data on them is compared to the finished cast, Doc, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, Dixie, and PraMai...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, remember he did say it's just a rumor and his source could be pulling his leg.

And for all we know we could be getting them instead of two other characters and have to download them just like Japan would have to download Mewtwo and Roy... Thats just POSSIBLE.
Not a fact or even part of the rumor. Just a potential marketing strategy.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Nobody said this. This isn't part of the rumor. There is no reason to believe this as it was just some dumb person speculating on a rumor. For some reason people have grasped onto this rumor of a rumor in this thread and it boggles my mind.
It's really a common human characteristic. People sometimes need to avert their eyes from things to feel comfort. They need to grasp on to something to live. It's a lot like religion.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Even with that grain of salt, I don't know how to take this. I can see, if by some far shot, downloadable content is in this game, Roy & Mewtwo being in the game(s), but for some of the posters here suggesting that maybe Lucario and Marth will be taken out of the USA/EUR versions to include Mewtwo & Roy from the get-go...don't even joke like that.

Now, I don't know how downloadable content work, but shouldn't there have been some character data on Roy and Mewtwo somewhere hidden in Brawl (besides their victory music)? Like incomplete 3D sprites, in-game sound effects like grunts and yells of these characters, etc...So far the only thing we have to go by are their victory themes.
Well there were also fighter data files for them... Except, they're extremely small. The Roy and Mewtwo fighter files were found with the "forbidden 7" mentioned in the OP. (Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Pluse/Minun, etc...)

Anyway... I REALLY want this to be true... D: Roy was one of my favorite chars in Melee... At least the source sounds somewhat reliable... And yeah, most of you people are probably right; If this is true, we'll probably hear something about it from Sakurai's GDC speech....

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sakurai will be making his speech at the GDC on Friday from 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. PST. Ugh, looks like we will be having to wait an entire week.
I hope it's true. I'd like to have a M2 + Lucario team in Brawl. That said, I still think it's incredibly unlikely and I'm assuming this is just a rumor.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
using "common sence" and "logic" in this argument is stupid, they saud IC werent going to come back, look how that turned out, they said Ness wasnt going to be in Brawl because it was "ilogical" after Lucas was announced first, and that they both shared similar moves, the same thing goes to the "Ike being anounced first=No Marth", or the "NO CLONEZ IN BRAWL", or the "no sheik because she was only in one game" thing. There are a lot of other examples, but I think I made it clear.

Common Sence or Logic = FAIL (with ovious exceptions)

espio87

Smash Ace
@Nuvia: Ok, I can't take it anymore. if you want to counter this rumor, at least present proof like how the columns in the character select screen would get in disorder if Mewtwo and Roy were to be added. I'm that chivalrious that I can't stand seeing you defend your theory without proof, where there actually is.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Common Sence or Logic = FAIL (with ovious exceptions)
You are wrong. The people you are reciting weren't using logic or common sense. They thought they were, but they didn't. I've always held on to the fact that one character's inclusion doesn't mean the other isn't included. I wasn't the only one like this, but we, the few who weren't jumping to conclusions, were overshadowed by all the people claiming that they were using logic.
@Nuvia: Ok, I can't take it anymore. if you want to counter this rumor, at least present proof like how the columns in the character select screen would get in disorder if Mewtwo and Roy were to be added. I'm that chivalrious that I can't stand seeing you defend your theory without proof, where there actually is.
He doesn't have to defend his point with counter evidence! You guys don't understand that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is smarter and more logical to be skeptical of such claims in this situation. There isn't enough evidence to make this definitive, there just isn't. There is only enough evidence to point that it is possible, and that is it. Nuvia isn't saying this is impossible, he is just telling you guys not to get your hopes up.

Seriously people...

Okysho

Smash Ace
I don't believe this one bit. Roy isn't comming back, We can all see. Downloadable cahracters? Impossible it'd have to be made into the game disk in order for the character to be playable. As much as I'd like Mewtwo back, I can't say that it's possible... though if it does come true I'll be happy. As for the comment about Marth, he's already on the dojo, there's nothing more you can do to him. Could that be why there was a delay though? Programming of two characters they decided to re-introduce at the last minute?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
No there isn't any proof. Proof would be a picture, a video, something you can see. Words are not proof.

Anyway I'm pretty much done with arguing the validity of this rumor.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Nuvia
I hear ya mangz. These people don't seem to understand the difference between someone speculating based on information and claiming it as proof of something is not proof of anything. The best rumors are based somewhat in truth, which is what makes them really hard if not impossible to disprove.

I only wish that more people realized this kind of basic common sense...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If this is true, I will be one happy Brawler. Not so much for Roy (I like him, but I was expecting him not to make it) as for Mewtwo. Mewtwo, an undeniably awesome Pokemon, who they should have fixed and kept instead of fixing him and giving it to Lucario, an undeniably lame Pokemon

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
As for the comment about Marth, he's already on the dojo, there's nothing more you can do to him.
Further reasons why you guys need to realize that the TC said Roy & Mewtwo are supposedly being ADDED to Brawl, NOT REPLACING anyone. I refuse to believe Marth & Lucario are being replaced by anyone. If Roy & Mewtwo comeback (possible, but I'm more on the side of the fence saying "not likely"), they will be added to the roster just like any normal secret character. Marth is the original star of the Fire Emblem series. Replacing him after he being already confirmed for the game with the lesser important Roy would be an insult. I won't even bother to do a Mewtwo <> Lucario comparison example, since no one can agree on those two.

Go reread the 1st post. Nowhere does it even hint that anyone's getting replaced by anyone.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
You are wrong. The people you are reciting weren't using logic or common sense. They thought they were, but they didn't. I've always held on to the fact that one character's inclusion doesn't mean the other isn't included. I wasn't the only one like this, but we, the few who weren't jumping to conclusions, were overshadowed by all the people claiming that they were using logic.
He doesn't have to defend his point with counter evidence! You guys don't understand that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is smarter and more logical to be skeptical of such claims in this situation. There isn't enough evidence to make this definitive, there just isn't. There is only enough evidence to point that it is possible, and that is it. Nuvia isn't saying this is impossible, he is just telling you guys not to get your hopes up.

Seriously people...
I wasnt pointing at anyone, except for Nuvia, who used common sence in some of his posts, but it was more of a "for everyone/both sides" thing. I understand what you mean, it just that you and some others dont show it, or just show it in some of your posts, and makes others believe that you are using it as a pointless excuse.

I'm a neutral on this by the way, so my post is not a support (coming from me) to any of the sides.

(the guy below me means the guy above me :) )

Rash

Smash Ace
Exactly. The whole "replacement" argument should've been dead the second it was made. Marth is on the Dojo. If he was meant to be a replacement, he wouldn't have even been revealed there yet because the only time to logically reveal him as a Japan-exclusive character would be at the same time as the reveal of Roy as an U.S.-exclusive character.

Not only that, but, well, the argument is just dumb to begin with, and wasn't even part of the original rumor.

comboking

Smash Master
:psycho:
Exactly. The whole "replacement" argument should've been dead the second it was made. Marth is on the every Dojo. If he was meant to be a replacement, he wouldn't have even been revealed there yet because the only time to logically reveal him as a Japan-exclusive character would be at the same time as the reveal of Roy as an American-exclusive character.

Not only that, but, well, the argument is just dumb to begin with, and wasn't even part of the original rumor.

so what we went off topic

Rakath

Smash Ace
Wait,if this is true will they take 2 characters away from us?
The Character Roster has already shown to resize based on number of characters listed, in addition the rumor is adding, not replacing. Reread the first post fully.

comboking

Smash Master
Characters can't be added to Brawl via DLC, didn't we cover this already? Wii's DLC is very limited for games, and you think if this was possible it wouldn't have been advertised to hell by now?

It could be saved in the Wii's internal memory but if you erased it you be ****ing screwed

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I'm finding this hard to believe, but I really hope it's true. I really miss Mewtwo, and DLC would make sense for this game, but there's still no evidence. I'm not going to believe this right away, but I'm definitely going to keep it in the back of my mind. I've got a couple of questions though:

1. Did the source guy say that there were AW stickers before or after stickers were revealed?

2. I keep hearing that it has to be programmed into the game before you can download it, but is that true? I'm no programmer, but it seems to me that if you have to add it in before you can add it later, it kind of defeats the purpose of DLC. Plus there's all of the DLC I see on Xbox. I'm not sure if it's a different situation, but we know the Wii has the ability and the capacity (assuming you have the SD cards for it) for DLC. Sorry if what I just said was babble.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is something people seem to be glossing over. Wii Ware games, especially, that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii Ware game. That game is looking to have above-average GameCube quality-graphics, no doubt it will take up a lot of space. If an entire GCN game can fit on the Wii's internal storage, then I don't see why it would be impossible to make a character or two DLC.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
y people write so much here? i mean like, i dont know, ust whatever..
I thruly donr know if bvelieve in what ur saying XD, but well, if this TFox guy predicted all what ur saying, maybe he is saying the truth

Bajef8

Smash Ace
i think this rumor could be true. i have a website that i always go to during school that isn't blocked and they always have the latest rumors. they have had just the major ones like the march delay and february delay about a month before it happened. they even have had the dlc thing for a while. i'm betting this one is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom