• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Even if Roy and Mewtwo make it in they are hardly characters worth caring about. Roy will be a Marth Clone and Mewtwo will be a Lucario clone. Woot :/
umm mewtwos nothing like lucario their not even the same type of pokemon! roy would be a clone of marth but mewtwo wouldnt thats for sure. whens the last time u saw mewtwo punch kick and run. (go play melee and chose mewtwo and play around with him then go to youtube and watch a vid of lucario u'll see the diffrence) the only move they got in common is the shadowball and thats like lucarios signature move any way! plus its not really the fact that mewtwo and roy could be in the game that gets peole excited its the possibility of DLC!

comboking

Smash Master
it could be true

Sakurai did say there was going to be 48 characters.
well the deleted files might have to be view with Action Replay.

and what is a DCL

Nuvia

Smash Ace
"A man who believes only in the power of concrete proof" would look at all statements without evidence equally. You are discounting the possiblilty without reason. Indeed, there is no proof for, but there is no proof against. I am not getting my hopes up, but accepting the possiblity.

"A man who believes only in the power of concrete proof" should do the same.
If you looked at my last statement, you'll notice the "if."

I'm not dismissing this as completely impossible. Even though it basically is.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm just kinda annoyed about all the people here complaining that there might be more charactrs in the gam. I meant it light-heartedly, not to offend.
Oh, and DLC id Downloadble Content

espio87

Smash Ace
plus its not really the fact that mewtwo and roy could be in the game that gets peole excited its the possibility of DLC!
while I consider it does open the door to more DLC, the fact is that I really hope it's true because it was an injustice for Mewtwo to be cut out. I am excited because of Mewtwo more than anything else

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
"A man who believes only in the power of concrete proof" would look at all statements without evidence equally. You are discounting the possiblilty without reason.
Um... no guy. Actually, it's way way more likely that this isn't true based on the evidence we have. The only thing this rumor has going for it is the fact that it is simply running with some victory themes that were left in. There is no reason to believe that they will add them back in, as it makes A LOT more sense that some guy is just toying with the people who would like to see Mewtwo and Roy return.

I'm pretty sure that without the proper coding on the disk beforehand, that wouldn't be possible. And even if there was code, I doubt the Wii Flash-Drive has enough memory to even support Mewtwo's tail. So, unless we see some news about a hard-drive that snaps into the back of the Wii (which would be awesome... what are those 2 usb's for anyways???)... /lock

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Sakurai did say there was going to be 48 characters.
well the deleted files might have to be view with Action Replay.

and what is a DCL
When did Sakurai say that? o.o

And DCL was probably just a mix up of DLC, or downloadable content.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Take it with a grain of salt. It's possible, and doubtful at the same time.

I would be happy to see both Roy + Mewtwo (Why not Dixie? WHy not Dixie Sakurai???)

And also, people who say "Omg, people has teh US version" They dont. G4 Does, but they wont be saying anything to us about it. Other than that, only NoA does.

And another thing. DO NOT. DO NOT SAY "Omg it's unpossible because of liek, this, and that, and this" ROB laughs at your attempts at logic. Remember what happened with him? "OMG ROB squad in SSE meens no ROBS! then BAM! You got ROBed on Jan. 29th.

So dont count this out yet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The 35 character roster was a rumor and it became true. Also came from someone known to be credible in the past, same here.

I some how doubt this is true, but this is a guy who has been right in the past, just like Markman and Reno.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
facts:

1.there is mysterious deleted/missing sound tracks and characters files (the forbidden 7), the missing sound files contain victory themes for mewtwo and roy! weather or not Tfox knows about these files i dunno, but it is a coincidence he chooses roy and mewtwo the ONLY two of the forbidden 7 with those sound files and not say dr. mario...

2.DLC has been hinted at, i mean custom stages WILL be downloadable we know that.

3.Tfox seems very credible, he not only has inside nintendo info (advanced wars) but has inside BRAWL info since he knew some advanced wars sticker content in brawl.

4.IGN has not reviewed the game because the american release is "not ready for review".

vs.

Reasons it cannot be real:

1.it's fake cause rumors are fake 100% of the time.

i'm sorry but don't spam "it's fake!" without giving a REAL reason to disprov it.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this! I don't ****ing believe this! Pichu is the only character that gets cut!

**** YOU SAKURAI! AND THEN TO PISS ON THE WOUND YOU GIVE HIS AWESOME BLUE GOGGLES TO PIKACHU!

Oh well, such is life.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
The 35 roster being true doesn't change the fact that there was practically no proof of it before hand. It could have easily been fake as well.

The 35 character roster was a rumor and it became true. Also came from someone known to be credible in the past, same here.

I some how doubt this is true, but this is a guy who has been right in the past, just like Markman and Reno.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Um... no guy. Actually, it's way way more likely that this isn't true based on the evidence we have. The only thing this rumor has going for it is the fact that it is simply running with some victory themes that were left in. There is no reason to believe that they will add them back in, as it makes A LOT more sense that some guy is just toying with the people who would like to see Mewtwo and Roy return.
Do we know why there was a week delay in Japan that became a one month delay in America? No.
Is it ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE to add to the US game? Not especially.
Is Downloadable Content impossible? No.
Does Brawl have Downloadable content? Yes.
Do I think that added cast is likely? No.
Is Added cast possible? Yes, entirely.

Now, with all that mentioned, I'm not discounting this rumor, nor am I putting faith it must happen. However there is evidence suggesting it true, without making it a sure thing.

I'm not sure how someone 'toying' with people wanting this cast is any more likely, unless you can find direct evidence that ChronoBound's source is a malicious liar, you have as much proof about his situation as he does about Brawl's situation. As such I discount your words as rumor as well.

I believe the safest way to look at this whole arguement would be Everybody Lies. That includes you, CB's source, SamuraiPanda, Sakurai, and myself. ^_^

comboking

Smash Master
The 35 roster being true doesn't change the fact that there was practically no proof of it before hand. It could have easily been fake as well.

of course it could have been fake but it was a rumor so it could have been true:)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Reasons it cannot be real:

1.it's fake cause rumors are fake 100% of the time.

i'm sorry but don't spam "it's fake!" without giving a REAL reason to disprov it.
Here is a good reason.

There is no proof of it. Much like all the other rumors out there, it's based on partial fact. It's way way way more likely that this is someone that is pulling our legs because they had a Mewtwo and Roy victory theme left in the game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's much more likely that it's not true.
Everybody Lies. That includes you, CB's source, SamuraiPanda, Sakurai, and myself. ^_^
What? Of course we lie, but I have no reason to lie about this. CB's source could simply enjoy messing with people. I'm not sure if you remember a few months ago, but it's apparent that people like to mess with other people by creating false info and putting it on the internet.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
How about common sense? Adding two characters to the game would require extra coding. Not to mention the SSE would have to be changed accordingly to accommodate the characters. And if it were true, why, OH WHY, would we get them in the game right off and Japan gets them as downloadable? That makes NO SENSE.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Just forget that the guy had info about Advance Wars: Days of Ruin before it was announced and had info on just about all the stats of the infantry in the game that turned out to be true. Definitely false!

comboking

Smash Master
of course it is a rumor it can or can't be real and If that guy on gameFaqs is being a jerk ar an ******* we can't tell

J18

Smash Journeyman
downloadable content would be pretty sweet. so i guess they already have this kinda thing with the custom stages, but a new character is a whole different thing. i'd like to believe it's true, but things like this are just hard to believe

Tachita

Smash Cadet
If this is true I declare Brawl the perfect game.
Because if this is true it could mean in the future more DLC which could mean characters that were anted like Geno or even Ridley to be in Brawl
Right now I'm crossing my fingers, especially since I miss Mewtwo

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
honestly the guy the rumor is coming from has NOTHING to gain.

he has credibility to lose.

he has had inside brawl info befor.

it's like honestly if this is true or not this is not just some fabricated rumor by some fake prophet looking for attention, there are no more FAKE prophets, there is no reason to fake stuff anymore.

it's obvious this guy isn't just making stuff up he's had info befor he probably has new info now.

i'm not saying thsi is TRUE i'm just saying it's obvious he's not just flat out lying he's telling us this because he's heard about it from somewhere, and since he's heard CORRECT INFORMATION befor it's likely he's getting this info from the same source and therefore it's likely it's correct again.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Just forget that the guy had info about Advance Wars: Days of Ruin before it was announced and had info on just about all the stats of the infantry in the game that turned out to be true. Definitely false!
Who cares... The last time I checked "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin" is not Brawl. That doesn't make this rumor any more valid. This is EXACTLY what I said about Starmen.net's rumor that Ness wouldn't be in because of Lucas. They predicted the freaking Franklin Badge update to a tee. Guess what though? They were wrong.

You guys are very gullible. It's one thing to admit it's possible, it's another thing to believe it as if it's true when there isn't solid evidence.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If this is true I declare Brawl the perfect game.
Because if this is true it could mean in the future more DLC which could mean characters that were anted like Geno or even Ridley to be in Brawl
Right now I'm crossing my fingers, especially since I miss Mewtwo
Don't get your hopes up for Geno or Ridley. The only possible DLC content is the characters that have already been coded in the game. Unless there's a system where they can rewrite the game's data drastically, it won't work other than the seven characters in the game's data.
Who cares... The last time I checked "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin" is not Brawl. That doesn't make this rumor any more valid. This is EXACTLY what I said about Starmen.net's rumor that Ness wouldn't be in because of Lucas. They predicted the freaking Franklin Badge update to a tee. Guess what though? They were wrong.
Actually he said more stuff about Advance Wars in the past.

...And what? Starmen.net NEVER said Ness was out. Are you an idiot? They said no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom