• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i dont believe it, and actually i would rather have marth than roy. lucario or mewtwo...eh doesn't matter, but i find it bogus they would do this
plus, marth has been revealed on the U.S. version of the dojo as an unlockable character...so explain that one

Rakath

Smash Ace
If this is true, then wouldn't the people who have the Japanese version have already "donwloaded" Mewtwo and Roy? Eh?

I wont be darned to fall for this undeniably fake mock!
They get downloadable cast when Sakurai says so, and not a moment before! (Even if DLC is false, this statement remains true).

Zek

Smash Ace
This is stupid. I thought we would be done with this crap when the game actually came out. Silly me.

Revven

FrankerZ
Just to be Prophet's advocate, but all the vids IGN has been uploading have Japanese voice samples in the voices with divergence, to my knowlege.

IE Pit has the "AYIYIYIYIYIYIYI" mating call instead of the "HWAIYIYIYA!" of US
They don't have vids up of the English version because Nintendo told them that the one they have isn't the "reviewable version". They have it though, listen to their podcast buddy.

If this is true, then wouldn't the people who have the Japanese version have already "donwloaded" Mewtwo and Roy? Eh?

I wont be darned to fall for this undeniably fake mock!
Likely they wouldn't launch the DLC for Japan until the U.S version was out...

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS FAAAAAAKKKKE

IGN SAID THAT THEY HAVE THE US VERSION OF THE GAME (in podcast wiik in review 30:50 feb 15th)

AND IT'S... "IDENTICAL"

It's time to move on, we have our roster. get over it and...

END THE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!
/THREADOVER
Or maybe Roy and Mewtwo are downloads in the all versions, but before March 9th, thus letting them 'come with the game in the US'? Also, yelling in all caps makes you look like a troll.

Pro to this rumor:
- The junk data rip of the game disk.
- Our hopes and dreams.
- That the Wii is Wi-Fi enabled and that this isn't technically impossible.
- We've had a few rumors show up along these lines in the past month.
- The "Over 40 reasons" line on the Yahoo coverage site, on regards to characters.

Cons to the rumor:
- IGN having the English game (supposedly), however they could suck at unlocking Super Special Secret Awesome characters.
- Not wanting our hopes and dreams crushed, so not having any.
- No actual proof offered in any of these rumors.

Right now, I'm not choosing to believe, but it is an interesting idea none the less. Also the idea that only Japan is using it as DLC is possibly to test the waters on if people wish to Download cast or not.
IGN does suck at playing Smash Bros, except for Matt.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Hmm...interesting. I would be please if this is true. Mewtwo should be in brawl though

tirkaro

Smash Champion
i dont believe it, and actually i would rather have marth than roy. lucario or mewtwo...eh doesn't matter, but i find it bogus they would do this
plus, marth has been revealed on the U.S. version of the dojo as an unlockable character...so explain that one
Nobody ever said anyone was being replaced. Where did people get that?

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't really care, anyway. Ike replaces Roy, and Lucario replaces Mewtwo.

They are all basically clones, so do we really need them.

I personally do not care whatsoever. What an unidentified situation we've ben put into as everything else.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
They don't have vids up of the English version because Nintendo told them that the one they have isn't the "reviewable version". They have it though, listen to their podcast buddy.
I'd like to point out something... If the English version that IGN has isn't the reviewable version, then it isn't the COMPLETE English version in Nintendo's eyes. That IS a point towards the rumor being true.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'm not getting my hopes up for this but its not the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard before/

Rakath

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really care, anyway. Ike replaces Roy, and Lucario replaces Mewtwo.

They are all basically clones, so do we really need them.

I personally do not care whatsoever. What an unidentified situation we've ben put into as everything else.
I like that logic, by that logic you can call Bowser a Yoshi clone, for the one move they share.

Lucario and Mewtwo have, arguably, one move in common. Roy, arguably, has 1 move in common with Ike. Now, Roy would be a Marth clone... as they would probably share a bit more in common...

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
haha sounds cool. but i doubt it. giving me 2 new characters would be sick. and i suppose japan could download them, seeing how i have to wait a month before i can play it

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Roy is a clone of Marth... Ike isn't a clone of anybody....Lucario seems to not have the Shadow Ball. Mewtwo does....

This rumor automatically defied logic before it even set foot in the Smash World. It's messed up, in my opinion.

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
I'd bet my life that this is fake.

@thederrit

He said it wasn't dlc, and it came from Brawl Central :laugh:
better be careful with your life thar. =[

I think it's possible.. not per'say this situation here.. but DLC can't completely be thrown out. =[

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I hope this is true, is like what happened with Tales of the Abyss, but the PAL/US version came out like a year later, so...

I hope is true, but I dont believe it just yet, I'll wait for the speech thingy next week

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'm willing to say that IGN knows less about Smash Bros. than ANY SINGLE PERSON who views these forums, Brawl Central's forums, or the GameFaqs brawl forums.
ANY
SINGLE
PERSON

IGN apparently doesn't actually know how to play smash bros (have you watched their character videos? or listented to them talk about the game?), so I would take whatever the hell they say about the game with a grain of salt.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I believe this is possible, but I'm being cautious. Reliable source, good reasoning, all that's left is seeing if this guy can get evidence from the source or not.
I have to say it WOULD be awesome.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It's not entirely unfeasible. I claim to know nothing about programming, but let me throw this out there. Suppose Nintendo or Sakurai didn't want to delay the game completely.. so they delayed the Japanese version a week in order to finish implementing whatever they would need to allow the disc to read any downloaded data files. That way they could get the game out to Japan and avoid hurting sales any. If they started working on adding Mewtwo and Roy, it's possible they could have have the rest of it fully implemented before time comes to ship out to the US. It explains the really long delay at any rate. Assuming this to be true.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I hope it's true. I wish Dr. Mario was part of this too, though...and the other characters. That would be fun. I guess I shouldn't hope for too much lol.

KiKaiDa

Smash Rookie
They won't take out Lucario and Marth because for one Marth is already confirmed on the DOJO. If this is real they would be added to the roster not replacing people already confirmed on the roster...

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
To me downloadable characters in the game sound like they take away the point from brawl, i mean you buy brawl and then what download all your fav. characters, doesn't make sense, there's just no fun to that
Shut Tha Hell Up.
Fun?!!

Define Fun!

drengist

Smash Journeyman
And I thought the prophets were gone... I guess I was wrong. Is this guy really reliable?

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
Lies. Ambiguous LIES! It would just make Nintendo look bad if they had exclusive content for American release only, especially with characters!
I dunno if this is pointed out already but...

The American NTSC and PAL versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 had boss fights with Ice Titan and Sephiroth for example. Japan got a re-release of Kingdom Hearts named Kingdom Hearts Final Mix later.

Same case with Final Fantasy X. The PAL version got the Dark Aeons as extra bosses, while Japan and America got nothing. (Well, the Final Fantasy X International release in Japan has them)

Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with Brawl directly, but it has happened to other games in the past, so I don't see why it can't happen to Brawl.

-----
Further, I hope this is true. We'll just have to wait until March to see if this is really true though.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
To me downloadable characters in the game sound like they take away the point from brawl, i mean you buy brawl and then what download all your fav. characters, doesn't make sense, there's just no fun to that
Shut Tha Hell Up.
Fun?!!

Define Fun!

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
theyre not exclusice otherwise they wouldnt have been mentioned on the smashbros website under the american section. Tlaking about Marth and Lucario

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
This isn't true, it's not happening. You heard it here first, anyone who thinks this is true are getting their hopes up for nothing. Hopefully, however they do take some time to fix the plethora of glitches that are plaguing this game. I really don't give a **** whether I can play with *** people if every game is going to be a glitch fest and you can't ban/monitor that crap on Wi-Fi

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, someone please lock this topic. I should have just kept my mouth shut until Sakurai announced DLC characters.

M.K

Level 55
Oh my god, PLEASE be true. PRETTY please be true. I really was pulling for Mewtwo, the original UBER LEGENDARY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom