• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
That's funny.
Considering that the very same statue in this picture appeared in Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising, Palutena's Temple.

Sorry that it's small, but if you look you can see that the statue with wings is there. Also Palutena.
Palutena and a statue of Palutena can coexist.
The end.
Soooo... Palutena disconfirmed for Uprising? Too bad :urg:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No Nintendo direct announcement so far..
Nintendo does have that meeting tomorrow, but I doubt it will reveal a Smash character.
Even if a Nintendo Direct was scheduled for tomorrow, what are the odds of seeing two characters being revealed in one day? Tomorrow is the Ice Climber anniversary for Japan after all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's a pretty damn low to have two characters revealed.
Though, I would love for Ice Climbers to come back, we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. I think veterans will be revealed more frequently, maybe 2-3 veterans a month.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Krystal always starts problem's.
Yesterday made that pretty clear, although it was like that before I even published anything. :p

You mean that Miiverse doesn't always look like a mess Oo
Well, surprisingly, through my artwork, I've found a few diamonds in the rough. :p But aside from that, yes, it's always a mess.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Dear Game Theory,

Thank you so much for spreading that ******** "theory" about Link being dead in Majora's Mask. I'm so glad I have to hear about it any time I talk to any "know-it-all" Zelda fan, who swear on it as if it were the Old Testament. Seeing this stupid video being posted literally everywhere and touted as truth makes my days sunnier and, in general, has made my life better.

Your "friend", UltimateWario

P.S.: Watch your back, I will kill you slowly.

Krillout dude.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Among all the stupid fallacies people tend to believe in when it comes to Smash speculation, Palutena being deconfirmed by a statue of herself has got to be the most irrational and least thought out one I've heard so far.

Please refrain yourself from proving me wrong. My brain can handle so much idiocy at once.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Let's talk about Toon Link being on Spirit Train is okay with Toon Link being playable, but Clone Ridley on Pyrosphere makes regular Ridley unplayable.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, while I'm working on some College stuff, I'll leave this here. It's my designs for Ganondorf:

Standard A Combo: Dark Palm (8%) (Same standard A, mixed with dark energy)

Forward + A: Dark Magic Spark (14%) (Holds hand out in front of him, releases small spark of magic, does shock damage)

Up + A: Volcano Kick (27%) (Same as Brawl + Melee upper, start-up time lowered)

Down + A: Cape Sweep: (12%) (Grabs cape with arm, does a sweeping motion with arm)

Dash Attack: Dark Sword (11%) (A dashing attack with his sword, hits hard)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Darkness Wave (16%) (Releases a burst of darkness around himself)

Forward + A: Guillotine Slash (18%) (Straight Vertical slice with sword)

Up + A: Electric Burst (14%) (Raises hand above head, releases shock magic)

Back + A: Magic Pulse (14%) (Turns around with both hands, shoots out pulse of magic, very short-range projectile)

Down + A: Dark Stomp (22%) (Same attack as Melee and Brawl, now infused with dark magic to have darkness effects)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Warlock’s Blade (34%) (Heavy-hitting horizontal slice with longsword, hits very hard)

Up Smash: Magic Blast (30%) (Grits fist then does an upper punch, releasing heavy amounts of magic upon contact)

Down Smash: Dark Tremor (28%) (Focuses his magic, causing dark magic to erupt from the ground around him)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grab with one hand

Pummel: Knees the opponent (4%)

Forward Throw: Charges his fist with dark energy and punches the opponent away with a burst of dark magic (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent up along with a burst of electric magic (11%)

Down Throw: Smashes the opponent headfirst into the ground (7%)

Back Throw: Grabs the opponent with the end of his sword and flips them over his head, smashing both them and his sword into the ground behind him) (9%)

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Dark Magic (15-30% total) (Throws out a wave of projectiles at once, goes farther depending on time thrown)

Side Special: Flame Choke (11%) (Same as Brawl)

Up Special: Warlock Levitation (Does No Damage, disperses a wave of energy upon finishing) (Floats through the air for a short time, mid-air dodging cancels recovery)

Down Special: Earthquake Fist (13-28% depending on how close you are) (Area effect attack, punches ground to deal damage)

Final Smash: Beast Ganon (Petrify + 45% damage, can instantly kill a majority of the smaller enemies) (Transformation, works the same as in Brawl)

It's something to break away from the Palutena talk. :p

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Well, while I'm working on some College stuff, I'll leave this here. It's my designs for Ganondorf:

Standard A Combo: Dark Palm (8%) (Same standard A, mixed with dark energy)

Forward + A: Dark Magic Spark (14%) (Holds hand out in front of him, releases small spark of magic, does shock damage)

Up + A: Volcano Kick (27%) (Same as Brawl + Melee upper, start-up time lowered)

Down + A: Cape Sweep: (12%) (Grabs cape with arm, does a sweeping motion with arm)

Dash Attack: Dark Sword (11%) (A dashing attack with his sword, hits hard)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Darkness Wave (16%) (Releases a burst of darkness around himself)

Forward + A: Guillotine Slash (18%) (Straight Vertical slice with sword)

Up + A: Electric Burst (14%) (Raises hand above head, releases shock magic)

Back + A: Magic Pulse (14%) (Turns around with both hands, shoots out pulse of magic, very short-range projectile)

Down + A: Dark Stomp (22%) (Same attack as Melee and Brawl, now infused with dark magic to have darkness effects)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Warlock’s Blade (34%) (Heavy-hitting horizontal slice with longsword, hits very hard)

Up Smash: Magic Blast (30%) (Grits fist then does an upper punch, releasing heavy amounts of magic upon contact)

Down Smash: Dark Tremor (28%) (Focuses his magic, causing dark magic to erupt from the ground around him)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grab with one hand

Pummel: Knees the opponent (4%)

Forward Throw: Charges his fist with dark energy and punches the opponent away with a burst of dark magic (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent up along with a burst of electric magic (11%)

Down Throw: Smashes the opponent headfirst into the ground (7%)

Back Throw: Grabs the opponent with the end of his sword and flips them over his head, smashing both them and his sword into the ground behind him) (9%)

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Dark Magic (15-30% total) (Throws out a wave of projectiles at once, goes farther depending on time thrown)

Side Special: Flame Choke (11%) (Same as Brawl)

Up Special: Warlock Levitation (Does No Damage, disperses a wave of energy upon finishing) (Floats through the air for a short time, mid-air dodging cancels recovery)

Down Special: Earthquake Fist (13-28% depending on how close you are) (Area effect attack, punches ground to deal damage)

Final Smash: Beast Ganon (Petrify + 45% damage, can instantly kill a majority of the smaller enemies) (Transformation, works the same as in Brawl)

It's something to break away from the Palutena talk. :p
Replace this neutral special with the tennis ball of doom and it is perfect.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The moderating staff of the Smash 4 forums have jointly decided that permanently locking this thread is the best course of action. The original intent of this thread was to provide users with a place to reasonably and hopefully rationally discuss the potential outcome of the upcoming Smash 4 roster and the characters that it could be composed of. We feel that due to a multitude of reasons, such as off-topic conversations – often about the state of the thread itself, consistent arguments often over trivial matters or subjects not even topical, flaming and/or harassing other posters, the abundance of posts composed solely of an image, video, or just generally lacking any real content or substance, and overall just not providing an atmosphere conducive for actual discussion and debate, the thread has lost its way and continuing would only prove, if not detrimental, then wasteful of the true potential a thread like this could see.

No sole poster is to blame for the state the thread has found itself in; rather this was a group effort. And a group effort to rectify the level of discussion is the only thing that can bring a thread such as this back to the quality it once was.

In that light the moderators have decided that for the time being this thread will be closed and the creation of a succeeding thread will be suspended. In due time a new thread will be instituted for character discussion, and it will be created by one of the moderators. However until that time arrives, we stress to not create a thread of the same purpose, as it will be locked and the creator could, and likely will receive some form of penalization. At this time we ask you reflect on this thread and how to avoid the same mistakes happening, whether it be exhibiting a cooler head in times of disagreement, displaying better judgment in what actually merits posting (as a post solely composed of a gif, video, meme, or arbitrary off-topic thought does not), and keeping in mind that this thread was not a social thread, and the eventual successor to this thread will not be a social thread; they are threads for discussing the potential characters of Smash 4 and the roster as a whole. With that in mind, when the thread does come, although it will serve largely the same purpose that this one originally aimed for, it will also contain some changes, namely the moderators demonstrating less leniency in the face of matters we do not feel are acceptable in the thread, which are largely made up by, but not limited to, the problems outlined in the first paragraph.

We appreciate the dedication shown to this thread, and hope it will follow in the future, but please remember to be wary of what you are posting; keep this thread’s fate in mind as an example if need be, and while we want you to continue to enjoy posting, without implying everyone here is at fault, don’t be surprised if you find yourself faced with warnings or even infractions if the behaviour this thread wound up being plagued by carries over to the next when it should eventually surface.

Thank you,
The Smash 4 Moderating Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom