• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Maybe he finally joined the Playstation side of the force. Also, Playstation All-Star 2 is in the works for the PS4, fellow PS fans!
Sooource?

Also, if Snake isn't revealed prior to the game's release, I doubt he's going to be in it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Maybe he finally joined the Playstation side of the force. Also, Playstation All-Star 2 is in the works for the PS4, fellow PS fans!
Source?

So another fail in the works eh? cool to know. they had nice characters though, except for good cole, evil cole...... lmao.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm curious where you got this info, too. It's inevitable that it will get a sequel but I've heard that its gameplay will change; either slightly or drastically. Personally I really liked the game but found the Super kill only to slightly limit the gameplay. I did like the characters and how alt costumes was used. I wished that there were more things to collect though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When has Smash not been an advertisement?
Well, Sakurai got Nintendo characters in the first Smash because the characters in his game sucked, so...That's not necessarily an advertisement.

Besides, regardles of what it is in Nintendo's eyes, Sakurai works himself to death pours his heart in these games, so yeah. If they were just advertising Nintendo games, we'd get way more than one each console generation.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, Sakurai got Nintendo characters in the first Smash because the characters in his game sucked, so...That's not necessarily an advertisement.
Pretty sure they threw in Mario and Link for fun, then playtesters absolutely LOVED it so Dragon King or whatever became Smash Bros. That's what I've always heard, anyway.

Also, lol @ Bomberman getting in. And no second Wario character in any of these rosters, you people are terrible.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The original team was fired and had their ties cut with Sony, and it sold like ****. Though, the All-Stars concept may be brought back someday.

D

Deleted member

No, he asked for Nintendo characters because it would have been more profitable to have the likes of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and Pikachu beat the snot out of each other than it would to go the route of Street Fighter and try to establish fresh new faces with limited development to them.
Advertisement at its finest.

Besides, regardles of what it is in Nintendo's eyes, Sakurai works himself to death pours his heart in these games, so yeah. If they were just advertising Nintendo games, we'd get way more than one each console generation.
Sakurai can pour as much as he wants into them.
Doesn't change the fact that the series is an advertisement of Nintendo's franchises (and some guests) with Nintendo's characters (and some guests) beating the snot out of each other for domination.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Well, Sakurai got Nintendo characters in the first Smash because the characters in his game sucked, so...That's not necessarily an advertisement..
Not because they sucked, but Sakurai wanted it to feel, for lack of a better word, inviting? He added Nintendo characters because it felt better having them.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, because let's be honest here.

Would you have been interested in Smash if you didn't see some of those characters you recognized as a child?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
No, he asked for Nintendo characters because it would have been more profitable to have the likes of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and Pikachu beat the snot out of each other than it would to go the route of Street Fighter and try to establish fresh new faces with limited development to them.

Doesn't change the fact that the series is an advertisement of Nintendo's franchises (and some guests) with Nintendo's characters (and some guests) beating the snot out of each other for domination.
That first part is definitely not true, they were not added for simply profitability.

The series is viewed not as an advertisement, but rather a "history book" of Nintendo.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Would you have been interested in Smash if you didn't see some of those characters you recognized as a child?
Well I was like 6 when I saw kirby in the original 64 smash so yeah. I guess your right. I didn't care much for the others at the time.

If it wasn't for kirby's appearance I would have been a mahvel player, because marvel vs. capcom was my first fighting game. lol

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So what you are saying is, Smash Bros. is on the same level as PS All Stars? Do you enjoy blasphemy?

Edit: Okay that sounds a little pretentious in hindsight, but still.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well I was like 6 when I saw kirby in the original 64 smash so yeah. I guess your right. I didn't care much for the others at the time.

If it wasn't for kirby's appearance I would have been a mahvel player, because marvel vs. capcom was my first fighting game. lol
I'm a diehard MVC player and a Smasher. I grew up with MVC2 and Melee. That was one sick childhood.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Don't know, if I was completely oblivious to the characters, I would just simply gravitate to the ones that immediately sticked out. Doesn't seem different from any other crossover ever.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm a diehard MVC player and a Smasher. I grew up with MVC2 and Melee. That was one sick childhood.
Same, I still like mahvel (1,2,3, 2 is the best imo) and still play it. Though now, I play every fighting game I can get my hands on. I loves me some fighters.

D

Deleted member

That first part is definitely not true, they were not added for simply profitability.
In the long run, yes it is.
No game designer makes a game without profit in mind; Sakurai is no exception.
You brought up the factor of "inviting" players in. If you design a game, you want people to play it. That's how they get profit.

The series is viewed not as an advertisement, but rather a "history book" of Nintendo.
There is literally no difference.
Smash has been used as a tool to garner more interest in franchises people would have not cared for/known about otherwise.
That's advertisement.

A different form of advertisement than PSABR, but advertisement just the same.

Morbi

Scavenger

The first part was definitely true. According to you, Smash was the first product that wasn't made for profitability?

Morbi

Scavenger
You'll get Pokemon stadium 3 and you will like it. :D

That pokken thing is unlikely, its funny how people imagine things from a single screenshot.....
It isn't going to be Pokemon Stadium 3, that is too good to be true. It is a good decision, thus it couldn't have been made by Nintendo. :awesome:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
New Layout Roster.png

Brand new layout because I wanted to. No changes except for Chrom over Lyn. Sorry Lyn, but if Sakurai goes to IS for recommendations, chances are an Awakening character will end up on the roster. Could be anyone, but Chrom is the placeholder FE:A rep I suppose.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Same, I still like mahvel (1,2,3, 2 is the best imo) and still play it. Though now, I play every fighting game I can get my hands on. I loves me some fighters.
My, have you tried Blazblue? (Shameless advertisement, head to the BB Thread)

On Pokken Fighters, I thought that thing was a Tech Demo.

D

Deleted member

So what you are saying is, Smash Bros. is on the same level as PS All Stars? Do you enjoy blasphemy?

Edit: Okay that sounds a little pretentious in hindsight, but still.
Let me answer your question with another question.
Do you enjoy blowing things out of proportion and being a douche about it?

Because, the point I was trying to make is that both games are tools of advertisement. However, where Smash succeeds and PSABR fails is that Smash doesn't make it it's prime focus and instead puts more focus on being a tool of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom