• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sidenote... There should be a Mario zombie game where the Toads have been contaminated with some fungal parasite that is turning them evil.
After seeing numerous references to other Mario characters while playing through the third chapter of Super Paper Mario I'd rather have something like this:

For those who don't get it, read the second to last paragraph here:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Francis

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, technically, they ARE called "Crazee", so maybe the enemies are just Dayzees that have gone murderously insane or have been afflicted with floral-rabies? Perhaps Daisy rules over the Sarasan people, a happy, sun-loving nation of good-smelling singers.

Sidenote... There should be a Mario zombie game where the Toads have been contaminated with some fungal parasite that is turning them evil.
It would make sense, but there's no way Nintendo would endorse or make it.
How about Valve?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wasn't Zombie U; or whatever, quite successful? You never know, we need the next new Mario IP. Mario Zombies could be it. :awesome:
Just go play Left 4 Dead 2 with Mods. It's close enough.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Someone say Left 4 Dead mods?

Warning: TURN YER SPEAKERS DOWN

Right, so...what undead characters COULD be in Smash? Are there any? I know Ganondorf's been killed before but returned in Smash...who else?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What about Toad? :troll:
No, no. The only thing canonically dead about Toad are his Smash chances.

Although after being betrayed by Peach and used as a meatshield after his many years of service, he probably feels dead on the inside.

Would Zero Two count as "undead"? Otherwise, can't think of anything past Dry Bowser.
Possibly? I'll admit I can only think of Dry Bowser and King Boo...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dry Bowser and King Boo, that's about it. (speaking of which I made a Dry Bowser thread a while back...../shamelessselfpromotion)

I can't think of any other undead characters that are even remotely possible.

Come to think of it, was King Boo ever even alive at some point? Or was he just born as a ghost? I recall at least a few boos in the Paper Mario series implying they were alive at some point..

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
OH THANK GOODNESS A ROSTER.

Okay lessee;

Not going to bother commenting on K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac or Mewtwo since they must of been reviewed to death by now.

Ravio?!? ARE YOU MAD MAN? We can't have him for obvious plot related reasons which have been spoiled repeatedly on this site. Regardless I'll refrain from spilling the truth on him here.

Bandanna Dee; not bad. Standard Kirby choice, but a fun fan favourite. Also it soothes Chandelure which is never a bad thing when he's so stab happy.

Marth, Ike, Roy? Power trio representing the three lands of Fire Emblem, one I'd be okay with(although admittedly I'd be happier if the last member got to shoot fireball projectiles with his Sword of Seals so we have something akin to some magic representation). Plus Roy winds KingShadow off and frankly I find it amusing. KingShadow/10

Rhythm Wrestler? 1000000/10

Bomberman and Pac-Man, eh? Well we're not going to get the former with ol' Snake existing, but I'd definitely be okay with this switcheroo. I mean if your entire moveset is going to be based around explosives I'd rather have the character whose known for having his entire game around explosives.

Pac-Man I'm fully behind; as the first commercially successful gaming mascot that paved the way for Mario and Link, we can certainly do worse than him for third party options.

I'd be mostly happy with this personally. Ravio doesn't even bother me that much, I'd probably even find his inclusion mildly entertaining. Most importantly this roster is nice and different which is the biggest factor for me.

9/10. Always room for improvement.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
You know, I should really just get Melee just to see what all the fuss about Roy is about. Honestly I see him as another sword user at the moment. Maybe playing as him will will prove me wrong.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know, I should really just get Melee just to see what all the fuss about Roy is about. Honestly I see him as another sword user at the moment. Maybe playing as him will will prove me wrong.
Honestly, I played Melee since it came out, and I mained Roy, and, well, from a technical standpoint, he's literally just red-haired Marth. Only he has flame-effects on his sword, and he's slower. If you want a better example of Roy, play the one game he starred in.

Only you can't. Cause it's Japan-only.

D

Deleted member

+King K. Rool
+Bandana Dee
+Little Mac
+Mewtwo
+BOMBERMAN
-Ravio
-Wrestler
-No Shulk
+/- 4 3rd Party characters are welcomed, but it could be a bit excessive.

Not a bad roster, but I would remove Ravio or Wrestler with two different characters. (especially when Ravio is pretty much considered impossible in my book)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom