• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina moveset speculation

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Im guessing a the kiry luma summon will either be star bits or luma charge then dissappear.
I like the idea of kirby controlling the luma

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
*excuse double post*
revised moveset:

Dash attack:
R: Dive
L:???

Jab:
R: cosmic pulses.
L: PPK

Ftilt:
R:???
L: star bits?

Dtilt:
L:???

Utilt:
R: Saturn Ring
L: upper cut

Fsmash:
R: Galaxy Blast
L: Hard Punch

DSmash:
R: Galaxy Swirl
L: Luma sweep

Usmash:
R: overhead sweeo
L: stronger uppercut

Fair:
R: Galaxy trail
L: has none?

Dair:
R: Saturn Ring spike

Uair:

Bair:

Nair:

Nspecial: summon luma/luma return
Fspecial: Luma shot
Dspecial: gravitational pull*
Uspecial: launch star

*due to its lengthy name i prefer pull star or warp field.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Seems fairly accurate so far chiton. Remember to add in Uair, Get up Attack, Ledge Attack, Ledge Attack > 100%, Pummel, All the grabs, and the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Jão

Smash Rookie
The moveset set is pretty solid. Btw, you should add to the Fair Luma move its headbutt. This picture shows that when Rosalina uses her Fair, Luma uses some forward headbutt or punch...

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/rosetta/screen-4.jpg

I wonder if the moves Luma uses in some same direction like Fsmash, Ftilt and Fair are all the same or different...

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
That does look like the dash move Luma uses in the trailer. As for Luma using the same move for Fair/Fsmash/Ftilt and the like, I'm not sure. Up smash and up tilt are both uppercuts, but the animation looks different, although slightly, so I think that Luma will have different moves between the respective tilts, smashes, and possibly aerials now.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
todays screen shot highlights rosalina and luma again.
now we have the official name of the move that launches luma forward: Luma shot.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Based on Sakurai's comment, I'm guessing that the Luma Shot is what seperates them, and if you use the same command, that's what calls Luma back to you (this may be an obvious realization, but I only just came to it). Now I'm definitely convinced that Rosalina will play a lot like Viola from SCV.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i dont think it necessarily desynchs them, it just the command that moves luma farther away.
i still think repeating the move will still send luma out. only if you do the move in the opposite direction or you press B to summon the luma back, will luma head towards rosalina.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm just as curious about how far away the Luma can be from Rosalina. I'm pretty sure, however, that there will be some sort of travel limit.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I dont think there is a limit. We'll Just have to wait and see

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Hopefully, the same move that summons the Luma will also be the move that brings it back to Rosalina; this could be very important when you're preparing to edge-guard.
I believe it is.

Rosalina without luma: Neutral B spawns a luma
Rosalina with a luma: Neutral B summons luma back to you.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
B: Luma Summon
B(with Luma): Starbit Shot
>B:Luma Shot(can pull Luma towards and away from you)
^B: Launch Star
vB: Gravity Pull

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What we should probably keep tabs on is which projectile attacks can be stopped or redirected by Gravitational Pull. I have a few inputs to share...

Mario - Fireball: Gets redirected.
Mario - F.L.U.D.D.: As shown on the trailer, the water gets redirected.

Link - Hero's Bow: The arrow gets redirected.
Link - Gale Boomerang: Barrier acts as a wall, repelling the boomerang.
Link - Bomb: The barrier disables the bomb upon contact.

Samus - Charge Shot: The shot gets redirected.
Samus - Missile: The missile gets disabled upon touching the barrier.
Samus - Bomb: The bomb gets disabled upon touching the barrier.

Yoshi - Egg Throw: The barrier acts like a wall, repelling the egg.

Kirby - Final Cutter: The projectile that gets created from this move will get redirected.

Fox - Blaster: The lasers get redirected.

Pikachu - Thunder Jolt: The attack goes around the barrier.

Luigi - Fireball: Same as Mario's Fireball.

Ness - PK Flash: The barrier fully protects Rosalina from the attack.
Ness - PK Fire: Attack goes around the barrier.
Ness - PK Thunder: Attack goes around the barrier.

Peach - Vegetable: The vegetables will get stopped in their tracks by the barrier.

Bowser - Fire Breath: The barrier redirects the flames.

Zelda - Din's Fire: The barrier fully protects Rosalina from the attack.

Sheik - Needle Storm: The barrier redirects the needles.

Ice Climbers - Ice Shot: The barrier acts like a wall, stopping the projectiles.

Mr. G&W - Chef: The barrier acts like a wall against the food projectiles.

Falco - Blaster: Same as Fox's Blaster.

Pit - Palutena Arrow: The arrow gets redirected by the barrier.

Wario - Wario Bike: When used as an item, the Wario Bike's parts will get stopped in their tracks by the barrier.

Zero Suit Samus - Paralyzer: The projectile gets redirected by the barrier.

Squirtle - Water Gun: Same as Mario's F.L.U.D.D..

Ivysaur - Bullet Seed: Attack gets redirected.
Ivysaur - Razor Leaf: Attack gets redirected.

Charizard - Flamethrower: Same as Bowser's Fire Breath.
Charizard - Rock Smash: The barrier fully protects Rosalina against Rock Smash, thanks to that move's classification as a projectile.

Diddy Kong - Peanut Popgun: The peanuts get redirected.
Diddy Kong - Banana Peel: The barrier disables the banana peel's effects.

Olimar - Pikmin Throw: The Pikmin will get stopped in their tracks by the barrier.

Lucario - Aura Sphere: The attack will get redirected.

R.O.B. - Robo Beam: The laser will get redirected.
R.O.B. - Gyro: The barrier will disable the gyro upon touching the barrier.

Toon Link - Hero's Bow: Same as Link's Hero's Bow.
Toon Link - Boomerang: Same as Link's Gale Boomerang.
Toon Link - Bomb: Same as Link's Bomb.

Wolf - Blaster: Same as Fox's Blaster.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
you forgot pikachu's thunder.
you could reflect it, so it makes me wonder how a gravitational redirection of lightning will look like.
same thing with snakes up smash mortar.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine the salt that would pour from stopping Peach's more powerful turnips and being able to to throw them right back easily.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/344368/
Scroll down to moveset images

Edit: The name of that image gallery thread gets changed whenever I update its contents (namely, the date of the most recent update). I've modified the link so that it only displays the thread ID; the link will still work.

Last edited by a moderator:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i believe that one gif in the boxing ring is rosalina and luma doing jab again.
and the one with toon link i think is a taunt

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
DSpecial has a LOT of potential.
But the way she waves her wand...makes me think that this doesn't just redirect...
What if you can control what direction the redirected projectile goes?!
Maybe you can send it back at them, or straight up, so that it ends up falling on them, or backwards to hit their teammate behind you!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
DSpecial has a LOT of potential.
But the way she waves her wand...makes me think that this doesn't just redirect...
What if you can control what direction the redirected projectile goes?!
Maybe you can send it back at them, or straight up, so that it ends up falling on them, or backwards to hit their teammate behind you!
But it is still incredibly slow so if you miss...

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It does seem to take awhile to complete.
But it is unknown if it has any effect on othee players.
It could be a command grab like mewtwos confusion, the star pointer could have hitboxes and damage ppl like zeldas nyrus love, or could do nothing like ness's psi magnet. Or maybe it pushes people away.

In other words, does rosy have a shine?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe once you catch the projectile, you have to hold the button and she'll move it around herself. And when you let go, she'll throw it at the trajectory that matches where it was when you let go.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
She looks like a very complex character. The most bewildering thing is when her and the luma are back to back fighting. How does that work? I also wonder how the luma's color will change. I'm assuming each color has different abilities and they just weren't pulling our legs in the trailer. I like the games radar speculation that you can choose who you want to control during the fight and the ai will take over the other one. That would explain how she could have such a large moveset.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0kzxzb_fM
I believe she'll fight like Kankuro.
When he presses forward and special, his puppet, Crow moves forward.
When he presses back and special, Crow comes back and stays close to him.
And when he attacks, Crow attacks with a different move in tandem, allowing for effective combat in close and long range.
The Lumas will probably do an attack that will complement the corresponding attack Rosalina just did.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@ Yoichi Hiruma Yoichi Hiruma
Honestly she'll probably play like any other shadow character in a fighting game. There's much more examples than just Kankuro from the Clash of Ninja series. There's Zappa when he has his dog out, as well as Eddy from the Guilty Gear series. Both Carl and Relius clover both use puppets as well in Blazblue. Then there's Miss Fortune from the Skullgirls franchise, Leisolotte from Arcana Hearts, there are so many that fall under this category. I've always debated for a long time whether Ice Climbers was one or not. For the most part, it's possible to play them like one, but generally very difficult to do at high levels of play. That's what I like about shadow characters though. Even though they generally have a much deeper learning curve than every other character in their franchise, they reap some of the strongest offensive options, and are often pretty strong contenders in any of the respective tier lists.

As for how the Luma will interact with Rosalina's moveset, we're not 100% sure we know everything yet. We've seen him just stay close to Rosalina and do some basic attacks, as well as him being thrown out with Luma shot to give the player a bit more control over the Luma's screen position. The thing's we don't know about is the one where he flipped facing the opposite direction of Rosalina and the both attacked characters in opposite directions. Makes me wonder if Luma has a bit of AI that allow him target the closest opponent with attacks. The only I ask of Rosalina is please make Luma's attacks work by using Negative Edge. If that is done, I will finally have my Eddy of the game.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I dont luma has ai. When luma os right next to rosalin he follow her movements. But when luma is distanced from her, he stays in one place, so rosalina is free to move around without luma following her. And thats why in the scene with mario and luigi, rosalina can turn around be back to back with luma and fend off mario and luigi

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I dont luma has ai. When luma os right next to rosalin he follow her movements. But when luma is distanced from her, he stays in one place, so rosalina is free to move around without luma following her. And thats why in the scene with mario and luigi, rosalina can turn around be back to back with luma and fend off mario and luigi
But they were next to each other in that clip and then rosalina turned around without him following her and also in the clip with rosalina and marth luma is away from her and jumps for absolutely no reason

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I think its like pikmin. When you chuck it goes out, but instead of returning, it stays there. Even if you go near it, luma doesnt come back to you unless you summon it.

Top Bottom