• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Headcanons

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't not make this topic any longer.

One of the biggest reasons behind why I love Rosalina so much is that while we know quite a bit about her, we have a lot left to the imagination. What we do know is a very solid base for many a headcanon, though, so making headcanons for her is fun.

So let's share and discuss Rosalina headcanons!

I could spend a lifetime going on about mine since I generate them daily, but here's one simple one, since I have to go to bed soon, and to just make a start:

I believe Rosalina enjoys tinkering with things and has expert engineering and mechanical prowess, similarly to Tails from the Sonic series. This headcanon of mine is derived from the fact that Rosalina directed the Lumas when building the Comet Observatory, as seen in her storybook. The Lumas helped her with the physical labour, of course, but she was essentially the head architect, and she told them what to do with everything. And the Comet Observatory isn’t just a home, but a fully functional spaceship with an actual engine room and such, she must be an extremely knowledgeable and talented engineer to know how to construct these things. And no, she didn’t do it with magic, because she didn’t have any god-like powers as a child, like she does now. There’s also the fact that she very much enjoys racing in Mario Kart, and how the best vehicle combos for her are of the heavy, complexly designed (the heavier vehicle bodies tend to look the most complex from an engineering standpoint), and speedy kind.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

One of the biggest reasons behind why I love Rosalina so much is that while we know quite a bit about her, we have a lot left to the imagination. What we do know is a very solid base for many a headcanon, though, so making headcanons for her is fun.

I could spend a lifetime going on about mine since I generate them daily, but here's one simple one, since I have to go to bed soon, and to just make a start:

I believe Rosalina enjoys tinkering with things and has expert engineering and mechanical prowess, similarly to Tails from the Sonic series. This headcanon of mine is derived from the fact that Rosalina directed the Lumas when building the Comet Observatory, as seen in her storybook. The Lumas helped her with the physical labour, of course, but she was essentially the head architect, and she told them what to do with everything. And the Comet Observatory isn’t just a home, but a fully functional spaceship with an actual engine room and such, she must be an extremely knowledgeable and talented engineer to know how to construct these things. And no, she didn’t do it with magic, because she didn’t have any god-like powers as a child, like she does now. There’s also the fact that she very much enjoys racing in Mario Kart, and how the best vehicle combos for her are of the heavy, complexly designed (the heavier vehicle bodies tend to look the most complex from an engineering standpoint), and speedy kind.
Are you talking about the Headcannons from SM3DW?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are you talking about the Headcannons from SM3DW?
"Headcanon
(also written as "head canon" but it's really one word.)

An idea, belief, or aspect of a story that is not mentioned in the media itself, but is accepted by either the reader themselves or the fandom in general. If it is confirmed by the author of the story, it becomes canon."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Peach and Rosalina are sisters, but her mom erased both their memories and gave Peach to Toadsworth. After Galaxy 1 and MK Wii, Rosalina started to be treated special by Mario and friends, even living with Peach(with both finding out they were sisters). Even Bowser and Daisy adore her (though she doesn't know Daisy even exists)

Dad's Home

Smash Rookie
I personally ship Rosalina and Waluigi, because he's tall and lean - not like that Mario scrub - and chicks dig a guy who's living the bad boy lifestyle. Rosalina has needs, you guys.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
The different Mario games are different universes, Super Mario Galaxy is the first, and in the Big Bang that created the universe of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Rosalina created them all.
As for Baby Rosalina, part of my headcanon is that in each one of the universes besides Super Mario Galaxy's, everyone was born in Yoshi's Island and transported to other universes by the storks. Either that, or they go there later. So, it's plausible she's the 8th Star Child, born thousands of years before the previous one, only coming to the forefront of things now. The reason Kamek didn't bother to get her is because, again, she's thousands of years in the past. Kamek did say that the seven stars fell during this time period, after all. There's nothing saying more didn't fall during the others...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I think it's safe to consider Rosalina a goddess. As in literally. Like Palutena. She has demonstrated powers far beyond even the fantastic abilities usually found in the Mario series, has an origin story, her responsibilities explain natural phenomena (the birth of new planets and stars), and thus is probably immortal.

This begs the question: where are the paganistic Cults? Any entity that powerful will gain worshippers, even if they do not seek to be revered religiously. My headcanon is that Rosianity, or whatever it would be called, is a commonly accepted belief system amongst Toads, or even throughout the galaxy. Or perhaps she is just one stained glass window in a whole pantheon of Mario mythology, so to speak? What will we see next? Super Mario Netherworld, in which our Italian hero assists Princess Catrina the psychopomp in preventing Bowser from taking over the afterlife? The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My theory is more the following...

Rosalina first started out as a mortal, just like with her family. During her young adult period, while raising the Lumas, Rosalina became very concerned about what would happen to the Lumas if she passes away. Fortunately, a Grand Star heard her pleas, and asks her to find it.

Rosalina eventually finds this Grand Star, and upon touching it, the Grand Star transformed Rosalina, preventing her from growing older, offering immortality, and giving her access to cosmic powers that become more powerful when she wields a lot of Power Stars.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
My theory is more the following...

Rosalina first started out as a mortal, just like with her family. During her young adult period, while raising the Lumas, Rosalina became very concerned about what would happen to the Lumas if she passes away. Fortunately, a Grand Star heard her pleas, and asks her to find it.

Rosalina eventually finds this Grand Star, and upon touching it, the Grand Star transformed Rosalina, preventing her from growing older, offering immortality, and giving her access to cosmic powers that become more powerful when she wields a lot of Power Stars.
There's a very simple explanation for why Rosalina is somehow thousands of years old. Time passes by VERY SLOWLY in space.
As for how she's a goddess...
That's something that will most likely never be explained.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a very simple explanation for why Rosalina is somehow thousands of years old. Time passes by VERY SLOWLY in space.
As for how she's a goddess...
That's something that will most likely never be explained.
Actually, space-time is relative. Time will move differently depending on how one travels through it. So that can't work.

Her immortality is just part of the fact she is a god-like being, but how she attained that status is unknown.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...I'm pretty sure sci-fis/Hollywood movies tend to adhere to the theory of relativity...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Rosalina is Peach's Daughter.
Seriously, it sorta makes sense.
Especially with Galaxy's Storybook, how her "Mom" could just be Peach.
Plus Nintendo Logic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is Peach's Daughter.
Seriously, it sorta makes sense.
Especially with Galaxy's Storybook, how her "Mom" could just be Peach.
Plus Nintendo Logic.
Rosalina and Peach are not related at all, it's kind of a confirmed fact, because when Rosalina was being conceptualised, she was ORIGINALLY going to be related to Peach, but they decided against that idea. She used to even look more like Peach too:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Basically, Rosalina was born a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. To no one who is related to, gave birth to, or is actually Peach and./or Daisy. And she did not give birth to Peach and/or Daisy. Rosalina is, basically, an entirely new character who just happens to look like Peach.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Basically, Rosalina was born a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. To no one who is related to, gave birth to, or is actually Peach and./or Daisy. And she did not give birth to Peach and/or Daisy. Rosalina is, basically, an entirely new character who just happens to look like Peach.
Except the part about her even looking like Peach isn't even true either, to anyone with half decent eye sight! :V

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
She always has her hair on the right side of her face because she lost a contact lens and they are really hard to find in space, and she keep forgetting to buy more whenever she's on earth because Mario keeps go-karting. Would you rather go go-karting with Mario or buy another contact lens. That's what I though.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Oh hey. I just watched this thread just now. I'm still looking for more and more Rosalina threads on Smashboards, because, it's a normal thing basically. I wanna give my headcanon on how Rosalina is more socially active these days.

In her storybook era, Rosalina was very lonely due to the passing of her family before she met the Luma. Not to mention, she was young at that age. So throughout these interactions with Lumas, and bits like forgetting to bring water and catching star bits nearly falling off adding to her personality. These can be relatable. She dealt through some difficult times, but she accepted her role as the cartaker and guardian of the cosmos and became who she is.

Things are still unknown about her (how did her family die? Where did she get her powers? Why did she look different? Etc.), so that makes Rosalina the mysterious lady with strange abilities and peculiar interests. She's easily able to fit in everything, despite being the divine mother of the universe. Like, Kart racing, party, sports and furthermore. Also is supposedly the best, in Smash and other games.

Also, did anyone ever think Rosalina's nightgown color happens to represent the sky, her solar brooch representing the sun and her platinum crown, shoes and other materials represent the moon? Her aesthetic choice of color and fashion could be referenced in the storybook: "Don't fret, dearest. I'm not going anywhere. I'm always watching over you, like the sun in the day and the moon in the night."

Top Bottom