• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Grab Release + Luma Up Smash Character Thread (INCOMPLETE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
So there's a grab release combo unique to Rosaluma which involves air releasing a character into Luma's up smash. It involves desyncing Luma with Luma Shot, and positioning him in a way that grab released characters are put right above Luma and makes his Up Smash true. There's actually a video on it as well that does a great job at explaining it in further detail by alexthepony. So be sure to watch it if you want to learn how it works or learn how to escape it if you've been hit by it before. http://smashboards.com/threads/rosa...rab-release-to-up-smash.434615/#post-21206170

So I've spent some time testing this grab release on various characters and am compiling a chart on all of the characters this works on... feel free to read. And if you'd like, help me test this, too. There's a lot of stuff to document for this.
An important thing to note is that if the character is too tall, the only way they will be air released is if the victim were to be mashing jump while grabbed. Characters like Bayonetta just have to avoid mashing jump and they should be fine.
:4bayonetta: should have nothing to worry about concerning this. Just don't mash jump while grabbed.
:4bowser:is interesting. He can be air released but only if he is grabbed in mid-air. DI-ing away, this proves fatal at ~150% w/o rage.
:4bowserjr:always gets air released. DI-ing away, this proves fatal at ~140% w/o rage due to hitting the clown car. (Mix up? Sometimes my brother is able to air dodge, but by buffering up smash, it looks true.)
I'll do some more labbing later. For those wondering, I'll be doing these in alphabetical order.

Last edited:

Royug

Smash Cadet
There was already a thread on thism you can check it out : http://smashboards.com/threads/grab-release-upsmash.429929/

Also, I thought characters could get air-released if they mashed jump or also if they input UP on the control stick when mashing. But now that I think about it, I tested that with a second controller in training mode, which means the second player had tap-jump on. So maybe I was wrong and only jumping matters.

Last edited:

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
There was already a thread on thism you can check it out : http://smashboards.com/threads/grab-release-upsmash.429929/

Also, I thought characters could get air-released if they mashed jump or also if they input UP on the control stick when mashing. But now that I think about it, I tested that with a second controller in training mode, which means the second player had tap-jump on. So maybe I was wrong and only jumping matters.
...well shoot. I at least still want to continue this thread since I want to include KO percents.

Royug

Smash Cadet
Nevermind, I tested it with tap-jump off and it still works. If the person input Up on the control stick at some point during his mashing, he can air-released, but it's not guaranteed. I still don't understand how it works exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom