• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROMO 9 - April 27th, 2013 - Rolla, MO

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Rolla Monthly, Round 9!

Happy April, everyone!
This month it's the "Body Strongbad's Body" edition.

Venue

Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall, G3
202 W 18th Street, Rolla, MO 65401

Parking

There are two parking lots.
Whichever one you enter, after entering head in the same direction as the front desk.
You should see some elevators on your left after going a bit; enter them and descend to the basement.
Upon arrival in the basement via elevator, G3 should be on your right.
If you need help finding it ask the attendant at the front desk or text me.

Events/Entry Fees

Entry fees are as follows:

Venue Fee: 5$; waived if you bring a full setup. Need only be paid if you enter one or more of the following events.

Melee Singles: 10$ a person.
Project M Singles: 5$ a person.
Melee/PM Doubles: 5$ a person.

Schedule

The following is a general schedule to try and abide by.

Noon: Signups/Friendlies
- you MUST be signed up by 1PM. Having been late to a number of tournaments myself, I understand the apathy of smash players in general. That said, it's imperative that you have sleep/travel plans arranged beforehand so that punctuality can be maintained.

1PM: Melee Doubles/PM Singles
- Immediately following signups, a bracket will be produced for both of these events, which WILL run simultaneously.
I understand that switching between games with similar, yet slightly different physics can be an issue, but running 4 events in one day requires that all of you complete your matches for either game as soon as possible.

~4-5PM: Melee Singles Pools
-Nearing the end of the previous two events I will begin creating and balancing pools for Melee Singles. Depending on the number of people and time constraints people have to be knocked out during pools, but I will generally try to avoid this when possible.

6PM-7PM: Dinner
-Smash is a game that takes immense concentration to play at the highest of levels. This means it's important to eat well, so that your brains can get the nutrients needed to continue to perform. It doesn't take an hour to eat, but I allow an hour so that people can get a few more friendlies in to warm up for the final events.

7PM: PM Doubles/Melee Singles Bracket
-PM Doubles is typically a short event as there aren't typically that many teams entering.
Melee Singles will occur simultaneously for efficiency's sake once again. I would like the final rounds of Melee Singles to be recorded; it is typically the final event to finish.

~10PM: Crew Battles? Friendlies? MM? Party?
-I would like the main events to be completed by 10PM, so that people with obligations to travel and work can meet those needs without being too exhausted from lack of sleep. Those wishing to stay afterwards can do whatever they like, however. We still have use of the venue till Midnight.

General Rules

Bring your own controller.

If you need overnight housing, again text me and we'll work something out.

If you have any questions text me at 573-718-0582.

Melee Ruleset

[COLLAPSE=""]
Singles Stage List
[COLLAPSE=""]
Neutrals:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans:

For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

[/COLLAPSE]
Doubles Stage List
[COLLAPSE=""]
Neutrals:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:

Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Stage Bans:

For Best of 3 sets, each team gets 2 stage bans.
For Best of 5 sets, each team gets 1 stage ban.

[/COLLAPSE]

General Rules:

Items are set to off.

Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.

Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
Semi-Finals and Finals sets are best of 5 matches.

Either player may request that Pause is set to off.
This request cannot be denied.

Blind Picks: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each player’s choice of character for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.

Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Gentleman's clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.

Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Wobbling is legal. Wobbling or performing any other infinite past 250%, however, is considered stalling, and is not legal. Dispose of your opponent before then.

Additional Rules for Teams Play:

Life Stealing is allowed

Set team attack to ON

If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

250% infinite limit is in effect for Doubles as well. Don't be a douchebag and infinite an opponent excessively in a 2v1 situation.

How to Play a Set:

Players select their characters.
Either player may elect to Double Blind.

Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage.
Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
For example, striker one strikes 1 stage, striker two strikes 2 stages, then striker one strikes 1 more stage and the resulting stage that's left is played on.

The players play the first match of the set.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
[/COLLAPSE]

Project M Ruleset
[COLLAPSE=""]
* 4 stock, 8 minute timer.
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stagelist

Strike from Starters for game 1 (P1-P2-P2-P1-P1-P2). Standard set procedure, advanced slob picks, etc. Players get 3 bans each, to be announced upon winning a game.

STARTERS:

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

COUNTERPICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Edit: SSE Jungle (Doubles only)
[/COLLAPSE]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll most likely be there.

And I will body Strongbad.

In melee

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why are we bodying my body again ;~;

wait....

AFTERPARTY WITH ALCOHOL?

brandon

when are you making PM singles $10?
romo 10?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I agree with $10 PM singles

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
like i'm literally going to stop coming to these after this one if you don't change it to $10

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's not really about "more money" so much as an issue of equality. if the tournament was about being a cheap and fun experience for everyone melee singles wouldn't be $10, it'd be $5. PM singles should be at least as important as Melee singles, and I'm annoyed with traveling 3+ hours for my main game to be relegated to a side-event in every single way.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
The price is staying the same for this tournament in particular.

You do make an excellent point, Strong Bad, but consider that with an increased entry fee, you may have fewer participants.

I'll seriously consider trying it for the next tournament, though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I go there Friday night who can I stay with? Also, who do I contact since you lost your phone?

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody need a PM or Melee doubles partner? The Lawrence/KC crew will definitely be there again!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If nothing else you can stay at my place. I don't see why that other sleeping area you used before would be unavailable, though.
Oh, I would prefer to sleep there, but last time you said you didn't know if we could sleep there haha.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend these events for a while, during my move to Missouri I realized my tags had expired, and there's apparently some issue with needing a salvage title along with a regular title. Could take me over 2 months to get this all sorted out. Look forward to playing with you guys next time I get an opportunity

Top Bottom