• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly IV ft. Darkatma, Jace, MJG 02/18/2012

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tournament Thread

Melee Doubles:

1: Darkatma & Lixi ($48.00)
2: Strong Bad & Jace ($24.00)
3: King Siegfried & Cookiemonsta ($8.00)
4: Goat & Terral
5: Terrence & Wretched
5: Fred & Bieber
7: Fishburne & Vista
7: Gaston & Bill Cosby

Bracket Image

Melee Singles:

1: Darkatma ($54.00) :sheikmelee::peachmelee:
2: Jace ($27.00) :falconmelee:
3: Strong Bad ($9.00) :dkmelee:
4: Lixi ($5.00) :marthmelee::luigimelee:
5: Terry
5: Cookiemonsta
7: Fred
7: Zantetsu
9: Wretched
9: Bieber
9: Terral
9: King Siegfried
13: Gaston
13: Psyche
13: Tempest
13: Goat
17: Bill Cosby
17: Fishburne
17: Vista

Bracket Image

Brawl Singles:

1: MJG ($24.00) :diddy:
2: JoWii ($12.00) :kirby2:?
3: Fujin ($4.00) :zelda:
4: Terral :olimar::sheik:
5: Saffy :random:?
5: Strong Bad :pikachu2:
7: Psyche :falco:
7: Terry ?

Bracket Image

Lost and Found

N64 Memory Card and Controller Pak
Gamecube memory card
Grey beanie hat

Zantetsu

Smash Master
The N64 memory card (and possibly the controller pack) was left by me. They were left in the bag of n64 controllers she gave me and I forgot to pack them when I grabbed the controllers. I could just grab them next time I'm up if you don't mind holding them.

Also, shoutouts tomorrow. Very good tournament.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Yeah both of those are Romans .
Fun tournament.
Fujin and jowii thanks for coming out :) you guys are really good at brawl. Legit Zelda and Kirby.
Enjoy your marill pillow too! :) same with terral for your jiggz one. Terral you should play brawl more. Your such a smart player !
Ty to Jace and MJG for taking me home too. I hope to see you guys again <3 and good job on your placings.

:phone:

MJG

Smash Hero
Just got home...and just realized that I told 2 players (Cookiemonsta and Terral) that I would play with them ( I definitely forgot)..sorry guys.. Thanks for hosting again Adam.

I will be back in Rolla...never <3

Fun tournament

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Shoutouts:

Darkatma - We didn't play. Tight battles though.

Jace - Tight battles. We didn't get to play either, understandably. Why don't you use raptor boost? I saw a total of 0 come from you today.

Strong Bad - I played you in pools...? Yeah. Good games. You didn't go Fox at all during LFs so I am really happy that you're staying so true to DK and still wrecking.

Lixi - You are a good man. I dunno how to play ICs. WHAT DO I DO?

Terrence - 5th? Good boy.

Cookiemonsta - You could've beat Strong Bad. Where yo falcon at?

Fred - We need to play bunches more at the next rolla, because a key element in getting better is finding someone who is slightly better than you, and all of our games were last stock high %.

Roman - UUUGH. Play more. You could've won if you had practiced before and not been tired.

Wretched - Tight Battles.

Bieber - Dat hair. Play with us more. We need Jiggs experience.

Terral - You have a good beard.

King Siegfried - Needed more sports jacket. Tight battles though.

Gaston - We never played. We were supposed to play in bracket but you left

Psyche - Who is this

Tempest - Terrible.

Goat - You have a good fox, but you need to work on your spacing. Like, you did amazing combos on me until I just started reverse lasering. Then your game fell apart.

Bill Cosby - Didn't play you.

Fishburne - Dat moonwalk. Keep practicing. You could be a beast.

Vista - Stupid double ness. Good job though.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Strong Bad - Good job hosting, the tournament ran a lot more smoothly this time. GGs in Brawl, but you probably shouldn't have gone MK first round.

Darkatma - I need to make sure to money match you next time we meet, I don't know if I've ever played against you. Good stuff winning.

Jace - Didn't play you at all, but awesome job in loser's finals. I didn't get to watch the rest, but I assume you played well. I wish I'd gotten a chance to play you.

Lixi - Not sure who you are, but I keep hearing about your ICs. Good stuff.

Terry - You're too good.

Cookiemonsta - Good sets, as always.

Fred - Even without the chain grabs I still hate fighting Sheik. Good games, though. Next time we should play some friendlies or money matches or something.

Zantetsu - I think you're still better than Terry, you just need to practice more.

Wretched - I was expecting to have to play you in doubles.

Bieber - Fighting Puff is a weird match-up. We need to get more friendlies in next time we meet. Good games.

King Siegfried - I'm still amazed that I took a game off of you, even if it was your Marth. Good stuff. I think you should have placed higher.

Gaston - I'm glad we didn't play in bracket, those pools matches were close. Luigi too good. Your crew should consider coming to a Springfield tournament sometime.

Tempest - You're definitely getting better, keep it up.

Goat - It was great teaming in doubles. Fourth place is better than I thought I'd get after seeing how many good players were there. Good games, too.

Bill Cosby - That doubles set was fun. I wish I had the patience to play Samus, it's a fun character.

MJG - It's unfortunate there wasn't time for us to get the friendlies set in. If I meet you again I'll challenge you to a money match. Good stuff winning Brawl.

JoWii - Great set, I had a lot of fun. Reminded me why I used to like Brawl so much. You seem good with a lot of characters, which is what I always try to do, but apparently with less success.

Fujin - I always lose to Zelda. Linkz always beats me, now you beat me. Those Nayrus really threw me off. Nice work, hope we meet again.

Saffy - Good set, though I'm not sure why you went DK. Did you stop playing Luigi? I would have suggested random characters but I've hardly played, so I may as well have forfeited if I did that. Also thanks for the awesome Jigglypuff pillow. Hopefully this wasn't the last MO tournament you're able to go to.

Psyche - Fun friendlies, though by the end of the night I was pretty worn out. It seemed like your Falco improved since the last Rolla tournament.

Zivilyn Bane - Where you at?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Fun matches everyone.

Terral, if was a fun set. I think you should dual-main Olimar and Shiek. They both had a lot of potential to rapeface.

MJG I hate you. <33

Fuu, thanks for driving and ban Frigate from now on.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
lol good stuff everyone .. i had fun ... i'm salty at terrence about my match but i'll have my revenge at pathways next weekend.

Saffy

Smash Ace
MJG - You are so awesome. The End. Nathan ***** you in 64. GG.
Also thank you for taking me home <3 I know it was out of the way and I appreciate it.

Jace - You are such a nice guy! Good job in Melee, you are crazy good. Hope to see you again. Also thank you for taking me home! I know it was out of the way and I appreciate it.

JoWii - You are hilarious! :D Nice to meet you and glad I could help you out with entry. Fun games vs you. You are so good with numerous characters! Sorry I wasn't at the top of my game really, Ya ***** me on battlefield. I'm so used to the timing and playstyle of wifi lol.

Fujin - Pro Zelda eh? Wish I could of played you more. It was nice to meet you, but honestly I was expecting you to be more trolly/assholish for some reason LOL. Just because of how you type online. But you are a really nice person, and I was glad I could finally meet you. Maybe one day we can again meet and play. C: Have fun with Marill.

Terral - Good job on beating me. I decided to use Dk just for the match up experience. Sadly enough Sheik and Fox are the two characters I am horrible against lol. I remember playing you the first time I went to pathways, I did use Luigi back then. My mains switch alot, I've kept using DK for over a year now. I was really surprised at how good you were though!! Hope you like the Jigglypuff too :).

Saffy - Doo Doo.

Strong Bad - Thank you for hosting <3 Good job overall!! Hope you like the Pikachu/Hat. I'll most likely be here the next tournament, but who knows. My mom got rid of all the horses we need to (The last being today), so basically I can move back anytime my dad comes back now. ;=; Oh and thank you for the other stuff you did. Appreciate it.

Psyche - Nice to meet you, and you are good at brawl. fun friendlies. Lets play next time!

Terry- Such a Stranger y? Terry you have improved so much at melee though I am proud of you! Really you should text me more. And your hair is full of awesome. dhasjkdhskaj

Lixi - I think we only spoke briefly, but it's nice to meet you :). I saw you doing well in your matches.

Cookiemonsta - 5th Place? CMON needs more 1st place. Sorry we didn't get to play :p, If I would of played you in melee it would of been like fighting a lvl 1 computer LOL. We should hang out sometime though if you'd like! Also you have nice taste in clothing.

Zantetsu - Hope you like those controllers :). Good job at the tournament, nice to see you again.

King Siegfried- Nice to see you again! Maybe one day you can teach me melee.. haha it's such a hard game though! Your peach is so **** though.

Tempest - Nice to see you again, Talking with you calmed my anxiety down a bit at some points so thank you. I hope you come to the next tournament :o We'll have to play in brawl more next time.

EDIT: also this tournament was salty.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I'm just glad I finally got the chance to play Atma and Jace to my hearts content, even though I was playing so disappointingly bad. I had a lot of fun playing all whom I did in friendlies and in bracket, especially you Zant. I love our spacies showdowns. GG's errbody.

OAN: I'm so salty about losing to you StrongBad. Stop sandbagging in our friendlies. I was owning you all week, then all of sudden your good again. ugh....

darkatma

Smash Hero
bieber's puff is like hbox's but worse
ugh
The only reason bieber placed so poorly in bracket is that he hit me and then lixi consecutively. He was beating/going even with just about everyone else in friendlies (actually, he was the only person other than strongbad to take a game off me in singles)

Shoutouts!

Karl: better luck next time, I hate it when I play poorly too. You're definitely improving though, and if you wanna play next weekend (but I'm only free sunday) while you're in town, hit me up

Brandon: more peach dittos! use more rising fullhop uair in your game, it really helps with the combos

Jace: this happens every tourney, where people who think they'll win won't play each other before the tourney in fear of getting "figured out". And then we run out of time after the tourney to smash =[ Good games though, I think I have a good handle on the sheik falcon matchup now, but I still need to work on my peach falcon matchup.. some of your combos were too good!

Strong Bad: Your DK is so good now haha. I was really impressed with your play vs jace, as well as your ability to get grabs against my peach. I'll work on it so I don't get grabbed so often next time. Thanks for hosting!

St. Louis: it was great of all of you to go, this tourney was really fun and satisfying for me, and it's clear that many of our new people have great potential to get good

Springfield: you guys are awesome, keep improving! I'll try to get more friendlies with everyone next tournament for sure

Jace08

Smash Lord
great tournament! good stuff to strong bad for hosting

Averil- you already know; was great hangin with you. random rock ftw

Darkatma- uuuuuuaaagh I trained and studied so hard and did even worse than last time? I don't even but good stuff winning, your brain is op and you deserved it. Also you're right what you said about us not playing friendlies, for now on I won't let that happen again in tourneys

Strong Bad- dang you improved a lot, good stuff. don't go to bed at 7pm the night before lol and yes dreamland is the best

Lixi- was cool talking to you some, but I never got to play dem ICs! next time

Terry- all the random stuff you do in game and irl owns lol, I love your unique nature. Your fox was wack but pretty good for just starting to main him

Cookiemonsta- you're a really cool and generous person, I loved our dittos. keep training I noticed you got way better in the last few months

Fred- was fun to play a few games with ya, hope to see you next time

Zantetsu- your set with karl was so close! Was glad I got to get more friendlies in with you this time, and great job keeping our games close in pools. Also stop graping me in 64 ><

Wretched- raptor boost is bad lol. it sucks that we didn't play, hit me up for friendlies next time or I'll find ya to play that luigi

Saffy- yeah taking you home was np thanks for helping us out with extra gas money; you're really kind and I'm glad I got to see you

Bieber- your puff really surprised me, good stuff in pools

Terral- thanks and I wish we had played as well, I remember your pikachu tearing me up some in springfield. Yell at me for games next time!

King Siegfried- nice peach and fun games, keep it up dude

Gaston- ggs was great to get to talk to you some, you're such a cool dude we must play again

Psyche, Goat, and Bill Cosby - don't think I got to talk or play with you guys at all :(

Tempest- you're a lot of fun to play with and it's good to hear that you're smashing in springfield when you can

Fishburne & Vista- ggs in doubles guys, double ness lol I don't even

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I played Luigi for a week and I went to a Rolla monthly during that week, so yeah, that is why.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
someone else needs to record because i'm sick of editing videos on top of running a tournament and playing 8 thousand tournament sets

Zantetsu

Smash Master
someone else needs to record because i'm sick of editing videos on top of running a tournament and playing 8 thousand tournament sets
Editing videos is done after the tournament, so it's not like they collide. They just take up a lot of time in general.

Also, I'm always willing to help run the tournament. I enjoy it a lot. Sometime during the tournament, I looked at the bracket and found about 4-5 matches that could have been going on that weren't, so I got them started and forewarned players above them that they had to play who won/loss.

Now, I'm not saying this is your fault, because you were actually playing your doubles finals at the time so you had no way of being informed about these matches, but if you set up a co-host who can keep things running while you're in bracket, then the tournament could have less stress and be more efficient. I mean, you do manage to get top 3 or close to it in every Melee bracket you host, so it has got to be hard to be constantly playing in a tournament you're running and trying to run it at the same time.

Oh yeah, as for recording. Wretched informed me he has a laptop that can run my capture card, so if Wretched is up to taking his laptop with him to Rolla, then Springfield can start recording.

4,000th post will be my shoutouts, coming up sometime tonight.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
1: Darkatma - Good job winning first. I really enjoyed seeing you and St. Louis attending this tournament, because it gave us a lot of practice. I hope we can see you all at future Rolla monthlies more often. Thanks again for all of the friendlies.

2: Jace - It was so awesome seeing you again. That falcon is soooo good and soooo fun to play against. I could play you for hours. Anyway, thanks for coming out again and attempting others to join you as well. It sucks to see you're the only one in KC that wants to travel. Good job on 2nd!

3: Strong Bad - I don't think we played at this tournament, but we may next weekend if you guys come down. Good job at getting 3rd and staying true to DK.

4: Lixi - I think we played some friendlies. Good games. Thanks for traveling.

5: Terry - We never play. I don't think we've played in 2 months. It's funny to think that I've played Rolla more in the past 2 months than somebody in my own crew. Haha. Good job at placing higher than me though.

5: Cookiemonsta - I think I may learn Falco just to fight you, because my Fox just can't handle that pressure. Good set, as always.

7: Zantetsu - You suuuuuck.

9: Wretched - Wretched.

9: Bieber - Your Jigglypuff is nice. I don't think I should have lost to you, because you happened to win by abusing tactics I have no practice against, but I'm not the least bit mad or salty about this. It's my fault for not knowing my way around the puff, and I should get punished for it as well. I hope to see you and St. Louis around more, so I can learn more puff tactics, since you happen to be the only one who plays puff here in MO.

9: Terral - You're so good for as little practice as you have. I'm glad you've been traveling with us. You've been awesome.

9: King Siegfried - Fun times! I love our sets and friendlies we have. Lee's was great as well. Hopefully you can get that ride to travel down to Springfield this weekend. It would be great to see you all. I'm sure Arkansas will love to see you all as well.

13: Tempest - You're getting better. I'm glad you're sticking with it even though these tournaments are mean to you. You're better than what your placement shows, just work on playing with pressure and your true rank will show.

Saffy - Thank you again for the controllers and accessories. They work great and they've been very helpful for playing 4P games with my friends. Thanks!

4,000th post.. woo?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Averil - Thanks again for driving and bringing Jace! It was great to see you and him again. I'll probably see you sometime over spring break or something if you don't end up going to SMYM.

Saffy - Thanks for donating the prizes and attending! <3 Loved the DK hat btw. Also the Pikachu is soooo awesome <3 I hope I see you again before you move back to AZ! Don't be a stranger. If you're in town sometime drop by =D

1: Darkatma - I'll get you next time haha. Play DK enough and you get really good at landing grabs on every character. Our set was really good outside of game 2. I learned quite a bit from it. Thanks for coming and bringing the new blood from St. Louis. Keep training them :)

2: Jace - L:FSDKLFJSLDL:SJLKJLJSDLKFJ I WILL BEAT YOU IN TOURNAMENT ONE DAY! Great set Jace; we both played really well. Thanks for teaming with me; sorry I didn't pull it out in the end but I guess that's the way it goes. We came back from the verge of getting 3-0'd to bringing it to game 10, so I'm happy. Just wish my Fox was more consistent :/. If Dart doesn't make it to SMYM we should team there too.

3: Strong Bad - Suck less

4: Lixi - I'm liking that Luigi & Doc haha. Your ICs are pretty good too, I'm just really good against them. I stayed in SoCal with Fly Amanita for a couple weeks after Genesis 2 so I think I have that matchup down pretty well. Good stuff beating me in pools; I hadn't really had much time to warm up due to TOing and such but no johns. Hope you come out to more Rolla tourneys! It was good to see you again after almost a year.

5: Terry - I don't think we played outside of in the ****ty game. Good stuff on 5th.

5: Karl - Sucks you weren't playing up to your potential but you still did well. Thanks again for helping move TVs and setting up the venue and such, and getting me food when I couldn't leave the venue haha <3.

7: Fred - Your Sheik's improving, keep it up. I went Fox against you because I wanted to warm up for doubles. Next time hunt me down and I can give you a set against my DK if you want =)

7: Zantetsu - Thanks for bringing Springfield, and our friendlies were fun. Practice more :(

9: Brandon - Stick to Peach D: Thanks for bringing 3 (!!) setups! It helped the tourney a lot.

9: Bieber - Sorry I stopped after 2 friendlies. Your Puff is actually pretty good. Next time I'll give you some real games haha.

9: Wrethed - Was nice to see you again and thanks for finally entering singles dude! Keep practicing. GGs in pools btw.

9: Terral - Thanks for coming =D. Good stuff in doubles and Brawl! Olimar's gay.

13: Tempest - GGs in bracket. Keep entering tourneys and you'll get better. I know I didn't make bracket at tourney until like 2 years of playing seriously haha.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
It's been a while since I've done shoutouts (or posted on SWF in general) so I'm a bit rusty:

1) Darkatma - ultra GAAAY. Nice job winning singles and teams, once again I wish I played better teams characters than Luigi/Doc but all's well that ends well.

2) Jace - we definitely should have played more but we both know you would just win every single game. Falcon's always going to be an uphill battle against Peach/Sheik and I commend you for sticking with him.

3) Strongbad - awesome DK, I should have stayed with Luigi but I just get nervous sometimes. Good job running the tournament, doubles GF was too awesome and should have been recorded.

4) Lixi - get ***** by lack of matchup knowledge. Shoe's on the other foot this time.

5) Terry - I was way too overconfident trying to play Marth and Doc vs. Sheik and I payed the price. I like your defensive style and it works real well against someone like me who starts spazzing out when people don't approach.

5) Karl - we didn't get to play at all I think. I'll see you in St. Louis this weekend, perhaps.

7) Fred - sorry I had to knock you out, I was stupid sandbagging. Thanks for driving BTW, I'd say the conversation in the car was the highlight of this trip for me.

7) Zantetsu - we should have played more. You are probably another of those guys who I might only be able to beat with Ice Climbers.

9) Bieber - sorry I had to knock you out, you probably could have placed better otherwise. Next time just win your pool and we won't have this problem ;)

9) King Sigfried - did we play this tourney? You look like you have a decent Fox, we should have had some friendlies

Psyche, Wretched, Fishburne - nice playing you guys in pools/brackets. IC's require the matchup knowledge in the game and there's no real way to get around that.

Vista - I salute you as a fellow Doc player.

Saffy - nice to meet you, I should have played some Brawl while I was there.

Anybody else I forgot - who's awesome? Your awesome.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Man I don't know If I'll be able to play you guys in St. Louis this weekend. I'm only free Friday Night (9p-1am) and Saturday Mornoon ( 10a-2p). Binyan said he's free Sun., but I gotta drive back to school then. I might have to catch you guys at another time. *sigh* oh well.

OAN: Thanks for the shoutouts guys! I appreciate that

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Karl you can always come to my place and play me Friday or Saturday

Zantetsu

Smash Master
lolwut? fox gets out of pressure way easier.
Maybe for you. It's easier for me to attempt to out pressure my opponent with Falco than it is to try and gain pressure with Fox in the Fox vs Falco match up. At least with Cookiemonsta, other Falco's seem to give me space to think.

If you were at the past 2 tournaments and if you watched our past 2 sets, you would understand my point of view for this.

Top Bottom