• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roll and Spam

Bowcaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyBlueSheepy
3DS FC
1822-2399-1574
I've been playing Smash 4 since release but only recently started picking up Meta Knight. Against players who get up close and fight or even mixed range characters like Mewtwo then I do really well but against 'cheaper' Samus players (who just spam missiles/charge shots then run away the results are far more mixed.
I get some wins but run and jumping over projectiles to get in close but are there any more reliable approach options for that type of player?

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I've been playing Smash 4 since release but only recently started picking up Meta Knight. Against players who get up close and fight or even mixed range characters like Mewtwo then I do really well but against 'cheaper' Samus players (who just spam missiles/charge shots then run away the results are far more mixed.
I get some wins but run and jumping over projectiles to get in close but are there any more reliable approach options for that type of player?
If you're talking about online, that's life. Projectiles and rolls are annoying to deal with, you just gotta do your best to work around them.

One thing you should be doing is walking rather than dashing, even though MK's options out of dash are great. When walking you have access to all your options, including being able to shield whenever you want. When dashing about you don't have access to tilts and you have to dash for a certain length of time/distance before you can shield. And shield is obviously very important vs projectiles.

Also Tornado is an easy hard punish for rolls and dodges. If you know they're going to roll/dodge but have trouble timing the punish because wifi, use Nado.

Top Bottom