• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Roll/Air Dodge Frame Data

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Frame data taken from http://sixriver.web.fc2.com/ssb4/Character_data.htm.

Data is formatted as intangible frames / total frames, ordered from fastest to slowest.

4-15 / 26
:4tlink:Toon Link
:4fox:Fox
:4pikachu:Pikachu

4-16 / 26
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt

4-13 / 26
:4littlemac:Little Mac

4-16 / 27
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
:4sheik:Sheik
:4zss:Zero Suit Samus
:4pit::4darkpit:Pit / Dark Pit
:4metaknight:Meta Knight
:4falcon:Captain Falcon
:4sonic:Sonic

4-18 / 29
:4feroy:Roy

4-17 / 29
:4ryu:Ryu

4-17 / 29
:4mario:Mario
:4wario2:Wario
:4gaw:Mr. Game & Watch
:4dk:Donkey Kong
:4falco:Falco
:4rob:R.O.B.
:4olimar:Olimar
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer
:4drmario:Dr. Mario
:4pacman:Pac-Man
:4miibrawl:Mii Brawler

4-15 / 29
:4greninja:Greninja (forward)
:4lucario:Lucario

4-13 / 29
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo

4-18 / 30
:4luigi:Luigi
:4peach:Peach
:rosalina:Rosalina
:4roy:Bowser Jr / Koopalings
:4link:Link
:4zelda:Zelda
:4palutena:Palutena
:4marth::4lucina:Marth / Lucina
:4kirby:Kirby
:4jigglypuff:Jigglypuff
:4ness:Ness
:4villagerf:Villager
:4shulk:Shulk
:4megaman:Mega Man
:4miisword:Mii Swordfighter
:4miigun:Mii Gunner
:4lucas:Lucas

4-19 / 32
:4myfriends:Ike
:4robinf:Robin
:4charizard:Charizard

4-15 / 32
:4greninja:Greninja (back)

4-20 / 33
:4bowser:Bowser
:4ganondorf:Ganondorf
:4dedede:King Dedede

4-22 / 35
:4yoshi:Yoshi

4-24 / 39
:4samus:Samus

2-16 / 24

2-15 / 24

2-14 / 24

2-16 / 25
:4greninja:Greninja

2-15 / 26

3-17 / 26

3-18 / 27

3-17 / 27

4-19 / 28

2-24 / 28

2-25 / 30

2-26 / 31
:4greninja:Greninja

2-25 / 31

3-27 / 32

3-28 / 33

4-25 / 33

4-29 / 34

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Nice information. By the way, are Air Dodges interruptible as soon as the intangibility ends?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Nice information. By the way, are Air Dodges interruptible as soon as the intangibility ends?
They are not, the numbers before the slash are the intangible frames and the number after the slash is the total end lag. So for example, the intangibility on Greninja's airdodge lasts to 26f but he can't act until 32f (unable to act through 31f, thus interruptible as soon as 32f).

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
They are not, the numbers before the slash are the intangible frames and the number after the slash is the total end lag. So for example, the intangibility on Greninja's airdodge lasts to 26f but he can't act until 32f (unable to act through 31f, thus interruptible as soon as 32f).
Alright, thank you. It could be somewhat useful to know how long the animation lasts because of landing lag, but I guess it's not really needed (and as a Kirby player I can just Hup Cancel anyway).

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Thats exactly what the numbers after the slash are telling you though...
Hmm I thought there were some frames that continued even after you are able to act meaning you could interrupt the last frames of an Air Dodge with an aerial attack to avoid Air Dodge landing lag... Was I wrong?

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Seriously why is Mewtwo's roll/dodge data so weird.

Hmm I thought there were some frames that continued even after you are able to act meaning you could interrupt the last frames of an Air Dodge with an aerial attack to avoid Air Dodge landing lag... Was I wrong?
Well I mean, if you're able to act, then that means you're able to input an aerial to do that.

I'll illustrate with Mewtwo's airdodge since it's the shortest one

[F1][F2][F3][F4][F5][F6][F7][F8][F9][F10][F11][F12][F13][F14][F15][F16][F17][F18][F19][F20][F21][F22][F23][F24][F25][F26][F27][F28][F29][F30]...

Orange frames are startup, green frames are intangibility, red frames are endlag, the blue frame is the FAF (first actionable frame, i.e. first frame you can input an action and have it begin the very next frame, as if you had input it from neutral)

Lets say you input/buffered another airdodge. If you input it anywhere between F25-27, you buffered it, meaning the input will go through right on F28, and begin F29.

So, the animation for airdodge might go on past F28, but that doesn't matter, since you can interrupt it as soon as F28 (IASA).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Alright, thank you. It could be somewhat useful to know how long the animation lasts because of landing lag, but I guess it's not really needed (and as a Kirby player I can just Hup Cancel anyway).
The autocancel for Greninja's is ~5 frames after the IASA, I haven't seen anything to suggest it varies much if at all for other characters. I'd say you're safe adding 5 frames to the total given if you need to know when the autocancel is/don't have a move to cancel the airdodge with.

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Well I mean, if you're able to act, then that means you're able to input an aerial to do that.

I'll illustrate with Mewtwo's airdodge since it's the shortest one

[F1][F2][F3][F4][F5][F6][F7][F8][F9][F10][F11][F12][F13][F14][F15][F16][F17][F18][F19][F20][F21][F22][F23][F24][F25][F26][F27][F28][F29][F30]...

Orange frames are startup, green frames are intangibility, red frames are endlag, the blue frame is the FAF (first actionable frame, i.e. first frame you can input an action and have it begin the very next frame, as if you had input it from neutral)

Lets say you input/buffered another airdodge. If you input it anywhere between F25-27, you buffered it, meaning the input will go through right on F28, and begin F29.

So, the animation for airdodge might go on past F28, but that doesn't matter, since you can interrupt it as soon as F28 (IASA).
Yeah I know that, but what I was trying to say was that it DOES matter slightly if the animation continues past F28 (unless you have an aerial attack that autocancels at the start of the animation) as it should decide if you input something before landing or not.

Let's say that you are doing an Air Dodge and is about to land. Naturally, you would want as little landing lag as possible. If the Air Dodge animation finishes completely, you will get normal landing lag (about 4 frames as far as I know). However, if the Air Dodge animation will not completely end before you land, you would want to interrupt it with an aerial attack, although this will leave you with the aerial attack landing lag instead of normal landing lag unless it's something like Kirby's D-air which auto cancels in its first frames.

I'm not saying that this is a big deal, but I just wanted to clarify my point. Although, if the frames after the IASA frame would induce normal landing lag, then my argument is completely irrelevant.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you, but since the airdodge's FAF is before the animation end, Mewtwo could buffer like a FAir and have it autocancel so he doesn't get the airdodge landing lag.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you, but since the airdodge's FAF is before the animation end, Mewtwo could buffer like a FAir and have it autocancel so he doesn't get the airdodge landing lag.
Well, for Mewtwo his options are dair/uair and both are tight.

Kind of tangential though.:196:

Edit because really not relevant to the thread:
UAir would prob be best since it has the lowest amount of landing lag (16F) as insurance if you somehow miss the autocancel.

I feel like I'm definitely missing something here, why would you even mention DAir :230:
Uair/dair/bair have early autocancels, fair/nair don't.

Last edited:
UAir would prob be best since it has the lowest amount of landing lag (16F) as insurance if you somehow miss the autocancel.

I feel like I'm definitely missing something here, why would you even mention DAir :230:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Something is off with these numbers.

I got 4-20, FAF 27 with Lucina.

Not 3-18...
I'm getting 3 for the startup, it definitely starts sooner than her roll.

FAF 27 makes sense, my Greninja numbers were 1 higher than the end numbers given for this frame data because it's "total frames" rather than the FAF (26 frames spotdodging, act frame 27).

I will look into when the intangibility ends later I guess, but I'm confident that "3-xx / 26" is accurate at the very least.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm curious what method you use for finding startup, I find this very difficult to measure personally.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm curious what method you use for finding startup, I find this very difficult to measure personally.
It's a total pain on 3DS, the best method I found was throwing a Bob-omb straight up and using Hold L to adjust it to just the right height before starting the dodge, then recording it to verify the frame count.

She can spotdodge a Bob-omb when it's even with her waist (explodes frame 3) but needs it level with her torso to dodge it with a roll (frame 4).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
From testing that I did at some point, several characters had 1 roll slightly faster than the other (at most 1 frame from what I saw). Luigi was one of them I recall specifically.

I used Villager trip sappling as a means of measuring roll invincibility.

When I test, I just use 1/4 Hold L to input the airdodge/spotdodge/roll on the same frame as an action with a known hit-on frame.

For example, when I was finding the data on Mewtwos airdodge, I went into Battlefield, put Mewtwo on the floor, and the timer character on a platform, then jumped and did the inputs. He got hit by Little Macs F1 jab but avoided Marios F2 jab.

How were you doing it

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA OMG but does this really work because 1/4 speed is known to be janky

Yes, all you need to do is ensure youre inputting the actions on the same frame. So release L, press your buttons, and keep them held while you press L.

Afaik it only messes with certain specials like Aether Drive (which got fixed this latest patch) and Thoron (messes up hitbox placement and refresh rate, idk if its gotten fixed) but you shouldnt be using those to test anyway.

If you want I can send you a txt with my list of timer attacks later.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yes, all you need to do is ensure youre inputting the actions on the same frame. So release L, press your buttons, and keep them held while you press L.

Afaik it only messes with certain specials like Aether Drive (which got fixed this latest patch) and Thoron (messes up hitbox placement and refresh rate, idk if its gotten fixed) but you shouldnt be using those to test anyway.

If you want I can send you a txt with my list of timer attacks later.
Please do send that file to me, it would be helpful!!

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The only thing that might make you mess up using the simultaneous attack method is funky Z-axis behavior. For the longest time I had DK's spot dodge as 3-20 instead of 4-20, but it was really just him going too far into the z-axis to get hit by Luigi Nair (frame 3). Just do the testing on a 2D stage and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Has this been translated yet? If no, I could do it. However, since I'm busy and have never used Google spreadsheets, it may take some time, so I feel the least I could do is put the translation of the terms he uses in the first tab.

発生F Start-up 全体F Stuck in Animation until frame 持続F Duration 相殺 Sweetspot溜め前F Charges at溜め後F Release after change着地隙発生 Autocancel Frames着地隙F Landing lag備考 Notes

弱 Jab
横強 Ftilt
上強 Utilt
下強 Dtilt
横S Fsmash
上S Usmash
下S Dsmash
ダッシュ Dash Attack
空N Nair
空前 Fair
空後 Bair
空上 Uair
空下 Dair
つかみ Grab
前投げ Fthrow
後投げ Bthrow
上投げ Uthrow
下投げ Dthrow

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
The only thing that might make you mess up using the simultaneous attack method is funky Z-axis behavior. For the longest time I had DK's spot dodge as 3-20 instead of 4-20, but it was really just him going too far into the z-axis to get hit by Luigi Nair (frame 3). Just do the testing on a 2D stage and you should be fine.
Is this to say some characters become better or worse on 2D stages from a hitbox perspective?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is this to say some characters become better or worse on 2D stages from a hitbox perspective?
The removal of the Z-axis means that attacks that sometimes whiff due to 3D shenanigans such as Greninja's fsmash and DK's ftilt will hit consistently. Spotdodges are also nerfed slightly by the lack of Z-axis displacement keeping characters untouchable despite not being invulnerable.

Has this been translated yet? If no, I could do it. However, since I'm busy and have never used Google spreadsheets, it may take some time, so I feel the least I could do is put the translation of the terms he uses in the first tab.

発生F Start-up 全体F Stuck in Animation until frame 持続F Duration 相殺 Sweetspot溜め前F Charges at溜め後F Release after change着地隙発生 Autocancel Frames着地隙F Landing lag備考 Notes

弱 Jab
横強 Ftilt
上強 Utilt
下強 Dtilt
横S Fsmash
上S Usmash
下S Dsmash
ダッシュ Dash Attack
空N Nair
空前 Fair
空後 Bair
空上 Uair
空下 Dair
つかみ Grab
前投げ Fthrow
後投げ Bthrow
上投げ Uthrow
下投げ Dthrow
I actually started working on making translation images last night.

EDIT: And now I am done with them.

Not bothering with the specials tab since it's pretty self-explanatory and different for each character anyway.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
yooo....Samus rolls are lol. I mean we always knew it was bad but daayuuuuuuuum. Robin too.

Marcina actually decent. Sheik can go **** herself that sexy ****.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
The worst air dodges in ssb4 4/29 ends on 34 are better than the best air dodge in Brawl.

Metaknight 3/29 ends on 39.

Fun fact.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
All Forward and Backrolls are the same duration on a character? Wot.

4 characters had rolls end in 27 or less frames in Brawl...but 13 characters here?
So if I understand correctly.
Wish roll duration was standardized at 32 frames...

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
ok i know this my sound stupid but im kind of new, how do read frames, i know what 34 frames mean but what does for example 2-25 / 31 mean???

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The X-Y is the frames at which you're invincible.

And unless things got changed within a patch, there are characters with different forward/back rolls, but I haven't seen any greater than 1 frame difference.

Last edited:

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
The X-Y is the frames at which you're invincible.

And unless things got changed within a patch, there are characters with different forward/back rolls, but I haven't seen any greater than 1 frame difference.
is the last frame the frame when they can act out of the action/ lag

forget that last question, my final question would be, how do you frame trap???

Last edited by a moderator:
is the last frame the frame when they can act out of the action/ lag
The number after the slash is the last frame before the frame you can input an action and have it begin on the very next frame. So vasically the frame after that you're free to do whatever you want.

As for frame trapping:
http://smashboards.com/threads/butter-your-bread-a-bnb-50-50s-and-frame-trap-tutorial-series.401680/

Also, next time, don't double post, just edit your first one when its a minor addition like this was.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Interesting... a Mewtwo spamming airdodge has a total of 6 frames per airdodge for which he is invulnerable.

That's kind of ridiculous. about 1/5 of the time vulnerable per second .-.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Interesting... a Mewtwo spamming airdodge has a total of 6 frames per airdodge for which he is invulnerable.

That's kind of ridiculous. about 1/5 of the time vulnerable per second .-.
It's actually less than that. You count from frame 25 for the vulnerability, so frames 1, 25, 26 and 27.

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
It's actually less than that. You count from frame 25 for the vulnerability, so frames 1, 25, 26 and 27.
But what about frame 28 and frame 29? The full cycle is 28 frames and it takes one frame before the game starts the action after the input, doesn't it? Or does the action start directly if you have already buffered the input?

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
i know this is kind of scrubby but after an airdodge how many frames do you have before you can airdodge again?,i heard that its something ridiculous like 2 frames

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
wow this is absolutely what I was loframe thanks!
most of the data is different than what I see here
http://kuroganehammer.com
are these frame datas from the same patch as the link? the link suggests greninja has the longest intangible frames, and most characters are out of 25 frames. thoughts?

Top Bottom