• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolex Vs Prof Sidebet thread

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

In support of my fellow UK Bretheren, i'm opening up this thread for sidebets on Prof vs Rolex. The reason why is because i am taking a lot of bets from a lot of different people and im going to put them all here in this thread.

I am willing to put up to $1000 on prof, 1:1 odds, for him to win the MM vs Rolex

If you want a piece of this action (minimum 10$) post in this thread that you are interested
Bets will be done and paid through paypal

Since this is a large amount of money, there may be possibility of an escrow involved.
To vouch for me, (since i am not too well known myself) please refer to members of the UK community (fuzzyness, jolteon, prof etc) that i am trustworthy enough to follow through on these bets and if needed, i am willing to escrow my money with a trusted member of the community

For reference, my paypal and contact email are brtarolg@gmail.com, and BrTarolg is my skype if you wish to talk to me personally

----

In this thread i'll be betting on prof to win, so i'll list how much left i'm willing to bet that is unmatched, and list names of people interested + confirmations.

If you want a piece of the action, post in this thread. Since i'm going to make this a really serious bet with a fair amount of money involved, i'm going to want the following
- your real name
- your smash tag
- contact details
- your paypal

There may be a case that we will escrow bettors money as well as my money

LEFT TO BET:
970$

TAKERS:
@ ELI-mination ELI-mination 20$ (need details for confirmation)
@ ViewtifulHoe242 ViewtifulHoe242 10$ (need details for confirmation)
@BombTicker 10$ CONFIRMED

Last edited:

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying Professor Pro will lose and also not saying Rolex will lose, but $1000 dollars is a freaking ton to lose or win.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yes, BrTarolg is the real deal and he's being serious.

I want to see some of the Rolex fans putting that money up against him, they just need to be honest and follow through.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
For those who asked

You can bet as little or as much as you want against me (with a minimum of 10 dollars)

I'm just here to make sure all the rolex fans don't miss out on the action ;)

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
What if there were more bets? Like +/-X number of lives ending in mine kills off the top, or if the set will go to 3,4 or 5 games?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Probably not. It would have to be a fairly significant sum for me to consider non-standard bets and i'd only do it with well known members of the community

Sticking to straightup "who wins" for now

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I want Mike Haggar to come in here and call out flopmerica

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
I can hold money with a trusted third party if you're interested in that gallo69. I can even hold it with prof if he is up for that

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
???
But I swear you have a $100 sidebet with @Jolteon and he isn't going to the tournament so that was going to get done through paypal....
So you're backing of that sidebet???? :)
I don't have a paypal and I don't want to make one. If you can bring Jolteon's 100$ with you so we can both leave it with Keitaro or something I'd appreciate it. If not I'll just find sidebets at the venue.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
@ ELI-mination ELI-mination
Please give the details also. If you're not comfortable posting, please send me an email with the details.

@ Gallo69 Gallo69
If prof is ok with it, i can leave money with him to sidebet with if you are willing to bet against me.

Last edited:

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
This is perfectly fine.
So anyone @ Gallo69 Gallo69 @ NiPPs NiPPs who wants to bet, I'll bring the money to the USA and we can do it that way.

Any excuse now?
Gallo you got $100 with Jolteon which I will bring
prepared to bet more with BrTarolg?
Im betting 100. If jolteon is ok with me doing 50 each w him and brtarolg then ill do that. Either way, 100 is what i want to bet.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Very disappointed by the rolex fans lack of action. You got all the smack talk but nothing to back it up?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im betting 100. If jolteon is ok with me doing 50 each w him and brtarolg then ill do that. Either way, 100 is what i want to bet.
No problem, since you originally planned it with @Jolteon it's probably fairer to do the $100 with him.
I'll try and get him to give me $100 dollars.

I'm also extremely disappointed with the lack of people wanting to bet.
People like @ NiPPs NiPPs I just shake my head at :)

Last edited:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
75 dollars on prof
im poor as ****, beans only strat if i lose. but this is the safest bet ive made since i made a bet that i would eat my hat if leffen didnt enter melee at evo (he said might not)
oh, and i will also eat my hat if prof loses. no joke. a real ****ing hat. i will eat it, record it and upload it to youtube.
not any hat, this ****ing hat.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
I commend you on your smart bet mike haggar

Unfortunately i'm only taking on bets backing rolex ;)

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Again guys, i'm betting AGAINST rolex, so if you wanna bet on prof you're in the wrong thread :p

I do commend the fact that people realise that rolex is going to get completely eliminated though lol

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Where are the rolex fans? Are you guys all bark and no bite or something?

Is 10$ not small enough for some of you or something?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Congratulations @ ViewtifulHoe242 ViewtifulHoe242 you are one of the RARE breed of people who are willing to put money on Rolex.
I'm still confused why more people aren't doing it, I messaged Rolex on twitter asking him to send people here to bet on him but he is ignoring me :)

I only beat random people on stream and have no real tourney results according to him, the choice to bet on Rolex should be obvious :confused:

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
75 dollars on prof
im poor as ****, beans only strat if i lose. but this is the safest bet ive made since i made a bet that i would eat my hat if leffen didnt enter melee at evo (he said might not)
oh, and i will also eat my hat if prof loses. no joke. a real ****ing hat. i will eat it, record it and upload it to youtube.
not any hat, this ****ing hat.
Didn't you say during the donation drive that if Melee got into EVO or something you and Leffen and some others would record country folks songs or something?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
how do international bets work? money gram or something like that? once i get it sorted out i'll make a second bet and put $10 on rolex
It's easy i've detailed it at the top of the thread

You just need to provide the info i asked for, the amount you want to bet

It will all be done through paypal

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Didn't you say during the donation drive that if Melee got into EVO or something you and Leffen and some others would record country folks songs or something?
yes some guy said he'd donate some big amount if me and leffen promised to record a country song together
i agreed, leffen never responded
my offer still stands

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I only beat random people on stream and have no real tourney results according to him, the choice to bet on Rolex should be obvious :confused:
yes you only lose matchups that snake wins like Pit so you're a fraud

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Y'all Rolex fans are just throwing your lunch money away

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Multiple people on facebook are betting $50 on Rolex, hmmm!!!!
Can you link the group where this is going on or a few people on smashboards you know are willing to or link this to them?
Loads of people seem willing to talk about betting on him yet like 4 people in the entire community seem serious about it lol.

Edit - Don't worry lol, I just went on facebook but all of the $50 MM's have been taken.

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I could literally go on facebook, make one post in SmashUK and get like 10-15 people who are willing to bet on me in a few hours...apparently he can't 5 in like 3 weeks lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom