• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROFL tells you how to beat marth.

SexualHarassmentPanda

Smash Rookie
awesome guide, the charecter i face the most is marth due to my friends' character choice and the sh ff tornado in his mouth works great or even the old wd toward wd back wd toward works most of the time. its a nub tactic but if u can get inbetween one of their f-smashes it pays off.

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
YeeHaw Says I.
Nao Imma p0n sum n00bs on my server
**** YOU MYGOT
lol.

Thx For the guide, Mate. =D

ADloser

Smash Rookie
A - learn how to light shield edge gaurd. its not that hard. roll into the level, hold z while rolling, DI towards the edge of the level to move your shield out over the edge.
How do you do this exactly? I've seen a video where capt. falcon light sheilds, falls, edge grabs, and knees during marths landing lag.

Is this what ROFL means?

Drephen

Smash Master
ROFL beat my marth =(

lol i stole the instant back air from the ledge thingy, using it all the time now

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How do you do this exactly? I've seen a video where capt. falcon light sheilds, falls, edge grabs, and knees during marths landing lag.

Is this what ROFL means?
When you light shield, it covers Luigi's entire body. When Marth tries to up-B onto the edge, he hits said lightshield, and be "pushed" backward by the impact. This will render him helpless as he's now unable to reach the edge as he intended, and leaves him hurdling to his death.

ADloser

Smash Rookie
When you light shield, it covers Luigi's entire body. When Marth tries to up-B onto the edge, he hits said lightshield, and be "pushed" backward by the impact. This will render him helpless as he's now unable to reach the edge as he intended, and leaves him hurdling to his death.
Thanks! Interesting and helpful if this means what I think it does. Marth hits your shield and is push back so far that he cannot edge grab (or land on the stage if he is high enough?). Any vids?

okami473

Smash Apprentice
The best thing to do is spam f-tilts because it outranges his fsmash and ftilt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgH58DCF7ss

it starts at 1:22 and i do it again at 2:57

1. i roll in to the edge.

2. i start holding z during my roll

3. when the roll is finished i have my light shield up

4. i tilt the analog stick off the level so that my shield hangs off of the ledge more.

5. marth hits my shield and it makes me slide on to the edge.

6 i win.
Marth can do that to Luigi too. D:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
silly WIGI none of this will protect you from my fair --> fair combos or f-throw --> wait for you to do stuff --> hit you for it combos :devil:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
lol wow this is crazy.

i am getting back in to melee and i see this.

this is a great guide for beating average marths. but trust me marth is top 3 hardest matchups for luigi.
Are you planning on going to Genesis? I am most likely flying out there.

Rappster

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgH58DCF7ss

it starts at 1:22 and i do it again at 2:57

1. i roll in to the edge.

2. i start holding z during my roll

3. when the roll is finished i have my light shield up

4. i tilt the analog stick off the level so that my shield hangs off of the ledge more.

5. marth hits my shield and it makes me slide on to the edge.

6 i win.
what went wrong when you tried it at 2:35?

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
ka told me he canted to go.. he also told me he is starting to play again, an he has gone to tournaments..

I would love the idea about the luigi orgy at genesis, i want to go to lol ^^ im moving to us so ill maybe go, but not sure yet :(

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
So, when do you use regular shield or light shield? Or does it depends on the situation?

Plus, should you DI your shield, regardless if normal or light, towards Marth?

Top Bottom