• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock'em Sock'em Regionals - January 2013 [Full Game List Inside] PRE-REG NOW

archer.

Smash Lord
Pre-registration is not mandatory but will save you money on the Venue Fee - more info below.

Featuring:
Majors - $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 (360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Street Fighter x Tekken (360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Soul Calibur V(PS3)
Persona 4 (PS3)

Minors - $5
Melty Blood (PC)
Arcana Hearts (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)

Registration/More Info

Hilton Charlotte University Place: Glenwaters Room
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262

Times, Fees, and Payouts
Registration begins at NOON and ends at 2:00 PM. Brackets for all events will then be made as quickly as possible.

Venue fee:
$8 if you pre-register before Dec. 23rd, 2012
$10 if you pre-register before Jan. 13th, 2013
$15 at the door

If you are bringing a system/setup to have your venue fee waived you will be refunded when you get your wristband.
*All systems/setups are first come first serve and not guaranteed to be used.

Registration/More Info

Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team
Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $10 per team
Majors: $10
Minors: $5

Smash payouts will be 60/30/10 (subject to change due to attendance)

Rules:
Brawl will be using the Apex 2013 ruleset.
Melee will be using the Apex 2013 ruleset.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/494134360618262/

Registration/More Info

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'll go if I can fill my car up with people willing to split gas with me from Cary/Raleigh, as usual. ;)

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
This is expensive af but if I'll go if people actually go for melee considering it's practically just across the street from me.

If people come for melee hmu we should fest at uncc. I can house one or two people as well if anyone needs it.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I dont predict any out of state smash at this strictly for the venue cost and our poor history at rese, Bryan scared a lot of interest away from this series back when he had his "wahhh door fee wahh" post

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
I dont predict any out of state smash at this strictly for the venue cost and our poor history at rese, Bryan scared a lot of interest away from this series back when he had his "wahhh door fee wahh" post
What are you talking about? You talking about how I raised the venue up to $15 for those too slack to help everyone else out by keeping the lines short? When I have 150+ people to register it helps to have people preregister.

I don't see what the problem is with that. If you want to wait in a long *** line then don't preregister but don't get mad if you are charged a courtesy fee for not being helpful to others and not have the tourney start on time or end on time.

As for the poor history, I am hosting this for you guys. It's up to you guys to bring setups, spread the word and so on. I help out as much as possible but I need everyone's help to make it bigger.

If it's a ****ty event or you have a problem then come to me and tell me. Running your mouth on forums doesn't get **** done and doesn't do anything to help the community. I am putting myself out here for you guys to have a place to have a good tourney. Keep in mind that I am learning how you guys do things and it's taking some time to get it all down but I think, and talking to others, that it is improving and will be a good event going forward.

On a side note...

Early bird registration is still live. You have till December 23rd to take advantage of it. Go to www.resetourney.com/tournaments/registration and register for only $8, save a couple bucks.

I also have it setup to make it easier on peoples wallets. You can just register for the venue only if you like then come back later and add the games you want to play. This should help with those odd times people get paid and Christmas taking up everyone's money.

ReSe will be having it's first Rock Paper Scissor tourney this month too.

Playstation allstars tourney will also be here. It's 2v2 and I will have the rules up for it in a bit.

Registration for both of these will be in person only. If I see Allstars has a following I will put it on the registration page.

Thanks for the support guys and I will see you next month.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
That got out of hand.

I'll probably try to revive Melee attendance for this.

Bryan, you ought to think about getting an alpha or demo of BaraBariBall or Hokra at this.

http://gutefabrik.com/sportsfriends/press

I think they look really neat and would love to try them. Just tell them you're a big deal in the region, I'm sure they would be interested in getting the games players' hands.

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
not you Bryan the other guy the one that got all butthurt about the venue fee.

wait that guys name is scotty not bryan
Ahh, that makes more sense. Sorry to go all rant on you guys. I get offended when I try to do something for people and they get bent out of shape, lol.

I will check out that link. What exactly is it?

I forgot to mention that I am launching my shirt line. You guys should check it out and vote on them. I know they are not smash specific but they are cool none the less. I am working on some smash stuff for you guys for the next prints coming out ;)

http://www.resetourney.com/2012/12/11/rese-t-shirts/

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
The link describes em pretty well. I'd recommend watching the videos on that page.

All four games are accessible, spectator-friendly, and deeply replayable. They already exist as playable prototypes, and have been exhibited around the world at festivals and parties. They've received a bunch of honors and awards, including three IndieCade awards and the Innovation Award at the 2012 Game Developers Choice Awards. Most importantly, we know they're super fun.
I'm mostly interested in BBB, and I actually think J.S. Joust looks stupid. They're having BBB at Apex

Kudzu

Smash Rookie
Somebody should change Brawl to Project M 2.5 and maybe people will show up to this to play Smash Bros.

Mahone

Smash Champion
this are some pricey games

times are tough bro, i mean, i can do it, but im looking out for the people

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
this are some pricey games

times are tough bro, i mean, i can do it, but im looking out for the people
I thought you guys normally pay $10 for each game you play, is that not so? What is the standard for Smash tourneys?

archer.

Smash Lord
In Charlotte, most Smash tournaments have been $10 for singles entry, which is usually fine. For doubles it's probably better to have $5 per person (so $10 per team), to make it more appealing to enter.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Would go to this but I'll be back in AL smashing all the way plus I think I'm going to a tournament in Louisiana that day any how

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Mahone you should come :D I agree it's kind of expensive (I don't have a problem with $10 singles entry but on top of the door fee it's a bit steep) but I hope you can make it out anyway.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i was actually thinking of playing brawl

i played for like 12 hours 3 days ago and it was pretty sweet

Top Bottom