• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB's unique Up B

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
ROB's Up B initiates thrusters, which you can choose to keep on or turn off. Of course, it can only last for so long until you touch the ground/grab a ledge.

During his Up B, it is possible to do air attacks.

SO THUS, you can pretty much do something like Jigglypuff's wall of Pain with Fair, but only much easier to do.

This video shows its use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP865vEllvY

Unfortunately, Snake does not get stunned during his Up B, but you'll get the idea.

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
It is possible to do this with R.O.B. but very risky. His Up B takes a little time to recharge, so if you get knocked off the level while wall of paining you are in trouble.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
It leaves him vulnerable because once he does an up B he cant air dodge or jump after that. Its best used for recovering while avoiding fights. If you float round and fight withe the up b its best to do so near the ground.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya rob has a ridiculus ammount of recovery he can fly off screen and then fly back it\'s crazy i can\'t wait to try him out for myself i think he looks great

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Imagine Peach float + Jiggs pound + samus weight < ROB's recovery.

His down air stalls in air kinda like Marth side b. His back air pushes him forward and he's got that upB.

I was playing frames ROB vs Marth today. I could not kill him until like 200% and he came back from everything. Either you kill him off the side or he's comming back with enough options to make it to the ground safely. At one point I remember hitting a tipped fmash at like 100 ish damage and he barely made it into the magnifying glass.

Marth utilt was killing around 160-170 so any character that has a good vertical kill move would be a nice counter to ROB.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ROBs weakness is the side smash.

As for ROBs up B it wont fully recharge when you hit the ground. You have to be there for at least three seconds for it to go back to normal. Crazy huh?

Top Bottom