• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's Side B

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
in brawl+ is side B useful? all i can tell right now is its fun since it sends rob flying but does it have a use idk

TheMike

Smash Lord
You can Ftilt > Side B IIRC.
And it's difficult to be punished.

But this thread is about Rob's Side B in Brawl(I hate calling Brawl as vBrawl lol). :0

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

But this thread is about Rob's Side B in Brawl(I hate calling Brawl as vBrawl lol). :0
Nope. If it's low enough that you're only stunned, shieldgrab. If you're sent into the falling animation, tech the ground and either roll away or normal tech and shield grab depending on the situation.

Tech skill please.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

i know its suppose to be about rob's side B in brawl but i think we all covered the fact it is useless except maybe as a momentum cancel so i was just trying to find some game were it might have some use, sadly that cant be done

TheMike

Smash Lord
Nope. If it's low enough that you're only stunned, shieldgrab. If you're sent into the falling animation, tech the ground and either roll away or normal tech and shield grab depending on the situation.

Tech skill please.
I just said what I have read from one post of JCaesar. I don't know anything about Brawl+. :(

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
uh....after hitting -> B you just keep hitting B and it WILL knock them at the last frame...... its also good for reflecting samus's beam and his own spinner top of the opponent happens to grab it. its also good for a spot dodging opponent because they will expect to dodge a single hit attack, not a multi hit attack.

aerowgsm

Smash Rookie
i think that side B is good when there in their shield. cause you could tilt his spin and maybe shield poke .

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
In tournies where PS2 is legal, you can use side B on the transformation with the mini-mountain on the center left of the stage. Go check out what happens when you do it. I'd say there's other places with a slope that would allow rob to get hyped up with is side b too.

Also, I like using side B against olimars off the stage. I use it when I expect a whistle, cause since it has multiple hit boxes, it will eventually hit him and if poked with the right hit, it could push him out for a gimp.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You'll be easily punished if you use Side B as a shield poke.
I think if you weaken it with a fair then follow with the over B, it will poke with no harm involved. I'm definitely not 100% on that. Overswarm told me this a while back at a tournament last winter.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I think if you weaken it with a fair then follow with the over B, it will poke with no harm involved. I'm definitely not 100% on that. Overswarm told me this a while back at a tournament last winter.
Isn't there a better option after the Fair?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm not sure for poking shield. Anywho I never do it. It isn't very practical. just sayin ;P

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Nah, rob just acts like he's on crack and zaps up the hill.

Top Bottom