• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's Side B

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Can anyone help me?
I can't find a use for Rob's side+B. It's too slow to deflect projectiles and its damage points are annoying. Also I can't find it a use for edge defending (since rob hops off the edge executing it and juggles enemies wich after that easily recovered) nor as a basic attack (since it does not blast the enemy away and kinda leaves him vulnerable). Also for defense clearing (edge of course) it hops to low. Can someone tell me some combos?

Sudai

Stuff here
Some moves are just useless in most situations. This is one of them. Only time it's really useful is for Lucarios that are super predictable with Aura Sphere.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm pretty sure if you poke your opponents shield with a fair and follow up with a over b, it will poke them.
Also, I like using it off the stage. catches people off guard and eats through air dodges.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's his worst move, hands down.
As Darth Waffles said, the best use for it is for momentum cancelling when you're being knocked back diagonally/horizontally, after a forward air while being sent back.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
it can be shield grabbed, and once u use this horrible move, you are committed to the action, extending it isn't going to benefit you, just gives you more time to get punished.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I heard it increases your second jump, so it may help you reach the ledge if you are out of fuel but saved you second jump. Incredibly situational thought.

Poliwag

Smash Rookie
it's true it can somewhat be used as a recovery, But since you can't ledge grab while preforming it you'll just get punished when you land. I'd just go with his Broken UP special for a recovery. That way you can avoid and perhaps spike or nair anyone who rushes you off the field.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I heard it increases your second jump, so it may help you reach the ledge if you are out of fuel but saved you second jump. Incredibly situational thought.
and thats only if your facing away from the ledge and Dair wont do the job for some reason.

In certain situations it might make a better option then Bair or Dair, but rarely.

solecalibur

Smash Master
In very extreme situations is when you should use it
example / When you opponent dies ..... Taunt = Side B

I agree the aura spheres work but sometimes I still get hit

TheMike

Smash Lord
In very extreme situations is when you should use it
example / When you opponent dies ..... Taunt = Side B

I agree the aura spheres work but sometimes I still get hit
Not even as a Taunt man. Side B is too useless.

And I'd rather Power Shield than Side B so as not to get hit by a projectile, like Samus' Missile or Lucario's Aura Spheres lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
side B can be described like this

side B is like a town drunk who runs around yelling about all the things he can do (in this case reflect, attack, momentum cancel) but everyone knows that this is just the drunken yelling of a man who can't really do anything.

another way to look at it is

side B is a good meaning town fool. he tries to help you out (reflect, attack, momentum cancel) but in the end will just get in the way.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually really like NAGACE's description of it. I'm editing that into my guide, I legit feel that describes the WAFLcopter.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I just find Rob's side B useless in general, I really hate it when i try to up b with my faulty analog stick and it side b's insted >_< resulting me to die lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I just find Rob's side B useless in general, I really hate it when i try to up b with my faulty analog stick and it side b's insted >_< resulting me to die lol
if u find yourself using side-B when u ment to up-B u must let go of your control don't hit anything and wait for the side B to end then up-B. when i first started playing ROB i died like that but now even if my joystick decides i put in side B i don't die by it anymore.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I like rob's side b on sheilded people (besides marth lol) on the ledge. it pokes them and keeps the pressure on.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
opponents general lack of knowledge / thought of you even using side B will generally throw them off enough to not warrant a shield grab.

No. Just no. Fishycopter is as useless as Luc's DT. Some moves just are as bad as Brawl is.

Only time I ever use it is to momentum cancel, or when I **** up a B-reversed laser.

EDIT: About the only thing it is offensively good at is when you tilt it downwards to poke people's shields. If you're lucky and have a spinning gyro behind them, you might land 20-30%. But that's a big IF.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
opponents general lack of knowledge / thought of you even using side B will generally throw them off enough to not warrant a shield grab.
The only people who lack enough knowledge to not be able to punish side-b are the ones you can beat by spamming side-b.

Although I gotta say, it freaks Snakeee out whenever I accidentally use it

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I just spent the last hour or so playing WiFi ROB dittos just to try to find a good use for side B. It worked about once or twice every three games other than momentum canceling (and I have a sexy replay of using it properly)

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
I did it the other day on a Diddy Kong, and it worked.
I was thinking about using ROBs side-b to gimp as well. Alright you see how you can wave bounce, or b-reversal a side-b. Well yeah anyways, you run off the stage and wavebounce/b-reversal a side-b as if you were trying to go underneath the stage. Im not sure if it'll work though. It might work on gimping people with poor recovery. Any say on this matter?

Padô

Smash Lord
It's a bad move... Unfortunately...

I'd rather power shield everything too because it's got a huge lag after execution.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I was thinking about using ROBs side-b to gimp as well. Alright you see how you can wave bounce, or b-reversal a side-b. Well yeah anyways, you run off the stage and wavebounce/b-reversal a side-b as if you were trying to go underneath the stage. Im not sure if it'll work though. It might work on gimping people with poor recovery. Any say on this matter?
Thats exactly what i did, he was recovering from partially under the stage so i B reversed to hit him.

but really i had better options, it was very situational.

Please don't.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I remember Mister Eric using Side B effectively when facing Olimar's Pikmin Throw(Side B, too).
Also, last Thursday I was facing a Snake and accidentally I used Side B when he was throwing a nade towards me. It seemed useful at the time. I'll test this stuff, but I still don't use Side B. :]~

TheMike

Smash Lord
I'd rather use Fairs than Side B.
In fact, I only use Side for Momentum Canceling.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you wanna use a super weak move to kind of surprise them, use your Fair at the end of the hitbox (time-wise)

Top Bottom