• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROBS FS Video

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. is a solid character with a unique moveset. I have been using him quite a bit and he is not difficult to get a handle on. First Ill go over his moves. His up b is one of the best recoveries in the game. It is a booster that sends him upwards. You can also angle it to the side. But what makes it really good s that you can release the b and start it up again later. And inbetween you can execute moves. It last an incredibly long time. About 5 seconds. If you8 you just tap it he does a short hop and can attack afterwards.

Next is his nuetral b. It is a red beam that shoots out and can hit multiple opponents because it passes through enemies. However after you use it it needs to recharge. It doesnt take too long though. Maybe about 5 seconds. You will know when its ready because a little red light appears on his head. If you try to use it again before that he shoots out sparks that do nothing. The beam can also be angled at about 30%.

R.O.B.s down b is really wierd. He pulls out a top and winds it and fires it forward. It flies out a ways but then drops down with gravity. You can actually charge it up and use it like Samus' charge shot. To use it once charged you prees down b later when you want to fire it. Once you shoot it the top remains in the game for a while. You or your opponents can pick it back up and use it like a weapon or throw it again. Until a fired top disappears you cant shoot out another one.

Now his smashes. His down smash is his best. He extends out his arms and spins around. It hits an opponent repeatedley and shoots them straight up. His up smash hits straight up and has short range, but is powerful. For his forward smash he shoots a short beam from his visor. It does not have good range nor knockback. For his standard a attack he swing s twice with his arms and follows up with a ram attack. Not so powerful but decent range.

His aerial attacks are tricky because they have limited range. For his aerial down a he pauses in mid air and fires booster thrust downward. After executing this move you can up b so and float around. For his up aerial a he flails his arms upward and it will hit an opponent a few times but it has little knockback. His aerial side a shoots thrust out to the side and again it has poor range, but decent knockback.

I like R.O.B. and can see his potential. Id say he has average weight and power. Im going to play him more and try to become effective with him.

I also added a video of his FS. Its a spiraling beam that comes out of his visor. Sorry for th ecrappy upload. The video on my digital camera sucks Im afraid. Well, you at least get an idea of what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53G0xVzsr4

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
wow, cool! from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpB_lpmLgY&feature=user it seems like hes not half bad, maybe mid-tier, but hey, what do I know?
speaking of R.O.B. vidios, would you mind making one, with all his moves, costumes, taunts, some matches, and other stuff? (also a subspace vidio, with a spoilers tag)
anyways, R.O.B. sounds pretty awesome, and if not main him, i'll at least at play him once in a while.

farewell :cool:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hey, can you upload a pic of Robot Kirby? Pretty please?

Tanea

Smash Ace
^ i don't get what that is suppose to mean ....... it good to hear that ROB is doing well for himself

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
You see, Kapusta.KO was making a derogitory remark about ROB that was totally uncalled for. Kapusta, do you have any evidence to support your claim that ROB is in fact a homosexual?

Anyway, ROB looks like a great character, and this moveset has convinced me to main him. Thanks to the original poster.

bigknuxred

Smash Cadet
KapustaKO last i heard one had to be of BIOLOGIGAL ANATAMY to infact be a homosexual last I heard and from what I can see R.O.B. IS infact a ROBOT. that remark you made was uncalled for. Go to youtube with that crap.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
ROB looks fun. Gotta play with him before I'd say anything about maining tho.
You see, Kapusta.KO was making a derogitory remark about ROB that was totally uncalled for. Kapusta, do you have any evidence to support your claim that ROB is in fact a homosexual?
Nice. Don't question the assumption that being homosexual is a bad thing, question whether ROB is, in fact, gay. ROB being gay would only make him more awesome.

ROB pretty much has to be homosexual. Aren't all the robots the same sex? :lick:

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
I said it was derogitory in HIS view, and that his assumption that it was a bad thing further proves the fact that he is nothing but a forum troll. Looking back at my post, I obviously didn't make it clear. Sorry about that :urg:

If you can't contribute something to a discussion, don't post. You're wasting everyone's time and further killing my faith in humanity.

Anyway, back to ROB talk. Does anyone know his alternate colours? I wanna see something in green ;)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I would love him to become top tier, after getting thrashed for not being Geno/someone else.

=\

GO ROB GO

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thanks for the info! I hope you can do one of your impressions about Falco and Wolf to show how different they are to Fox.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
I first thought. Wtf rob, how they gon' make you work

And then they create a totally awesome moveset for him. Definatley want to get good with him.

Top Bottom