• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robot lagless down air

Cintdrix

Smash Rookie
I was playing the other day with robot against computers and then I came across something peculiar while fighting a game and watch. I managed to do a down air attack without the "stop" motion mid air. In other words, the robot just kept falling and the attack still came out without the delay. I haven't been able to replicate it since.

Heres a video (Sorry about crap quality) the thing I'm talking about is at around 26 seconds.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkNtjUaBbjM

My only explanation is that it was because I was trying to do a down-air before, and it was interrupted by G+W, then when i did it the second time it was gone. I haven't tried this yet but thoughts would be appreciated.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I too have witnessed this, although it wasn't me playing (and nobody took a video of it).

T0MMY

Smash Master
First, it's not "lagless" it still has its normal lag.
Second, it's the same explanation for Sheik, Mr. Game & Watch, Zamus, etc. why their +Av doesn't work the same. It depends on your falling momentum. If you're hit upwards and use your attack you will pretty much stay in place or fall slowly depending on how you were hit.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Probably.
Unless it's Mr. Game & Watch underneath him using the U-air bugspray, haha.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Whenever i have played ROB i have noticed that the delay doesn't happen when you are hit into the air and try to down air shortly after being hit and the same thing goes for his back air its weird but has happened multiple times

Top Bottom