• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robobot Secretary: Susie Haltmann Reports for Smash Switch

D

Deleted member

Sign me up as well, Planet Robobot is my favorite Kirby game and Susie is a great character with interesting potential.

I still prefer Dee and Marx, but if I had to choose a 3rd Kirby newcomer she'd be my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know what? I support Susie for Smash. I mean, Bandana Waddle Dee takes FULL priority in my mind, but Susie's OK as long as she comes AFTER him.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For those of you that want to see something good, go to GameXplain.

For those of you that want to be spoiler free, avoid it.

Let's just say that things are looking good in Susie's favor.

D

Deleted member

I know Susie was inevitable, but I'm still super hyped for her inclusion!
I called Adeleine, Daroach, Magolor, and Taranza as well. The Jambastion Mages are surprising but the possibility did cross my mind.
The only character that made me go "WTF" is Dark Meta Knight.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

You know, I just knew it was coming. Doesn't mean I'm any less hyped for her, though. Although, I have to admit, Susie (IMO) is small peas compared to ANOTHER female's future appearance in that game.

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
I definitely could see Susie being in smash. I'd say she'd obviously be inspired by other mech fighters (like Tron from MVC) but would also share a few traits with Bowser Junior. That being that she can get out of her robobot armor. What I envision is a Susie that can get out of the robobot armor and be faster...but in return have weaker defense and attack. The robobot itself would have it's own health bar. It'd work like Little Mac's K.O PUNCH meter but instead of a powerful attack, the robobot armor blows up and you can either get out and run, or be blown up and take a ton of damage. HOWEVER this can lead to some interesting setups by intentionally getting hit enough to blow up your robobot armor and then getting out while your opponent is blown up and takes a ton of damage. Obviously like bowser junior even with the robobot armor you still take damage (however you take less damage inside the robobot armor). More or less invision Tron from MVC meets Bowser Jr. A small character in a big mech that does pretty good damage to opponents but can escape the mech at the cost of attack and defense.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I definitely could see Susie being in smash. I'd say she'd obviously be inspired by other mech fighters (like Tron from MVC) but would also share a few traits with Bowser Junior. That being that she can get out of her robobot armor. What I envision is a Susie that can get out of the robobot armor and be faster...but in return have weaker defense and attack. The robobot itself would have it's own health bar. It'd work like Little Mac's K.O PUNCH meter but instead of a powerful attack, the robobot armor blows up and you can either get out and run, or be blown up and take a ton of damage. HOWEVER this can lead to some interesting setups by intentionally getting hit enough to blow up your robobot armor and then getting out while your opponent is blown up and takes a ton of damage. Obviously like bowser junior even with the robobot armor you still take damage (however you take less damage inside the robobot armor). More or less invision Tron from MVC meets Bowser Jr. A small character in a big mech that does pretty good damage to opponents but can escape the mech at the cost of attack and defense.
Oh, wow! You know what? I'd actually like to see that out of Susie. It would certainly help to almost instantly differentiate her from Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Say, do you have an idea for Susie's moveset outside of her Robobot Armor? Just curious. Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I want Smash to add Susie so she can make use of such a moveset.

Last edited:

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
Oh, wow! You know what? I'd actually like to see that out of Susie. It would certainly help to almost instantly differentiate her from Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Say, do you have an idea for Susie's moveset outside of her Robobot Armor? Just curious. Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I want Smash to add Susie so she can make use of such a moveset.
Well obviously punches and kicks. Normal stuff. She'd also be able to summon Enemies (Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Bronto Burts, Chilly, Hot Head, ETC), some might even be robotically enhanced to do more damage. Also seeing as she has a clipboard that could be a throwable object or could be used in special moves.

She'd have 2 final smashes (ala Ryu)

In Robobot Armor: Susie explodes the Robobot Armor and temporarily switches to the Robobot Armor of Susie 2.0 (Lets just call it The 2.0 Armor). The 2.0 Armor temporarily increases all of Susies stats for a minute or two. After a minute or two Susie gets out of The 2.0 Armor and it explodes being 2x bigger than a regular Robobot explosion and doing 2x the damage. Susie will temporarily be left without Robobot Armor but a new one will appear 5-10 seconds later.

Outside of Robobot Armor: Kirby (In his Robobot Armor (No this does not change if you already have 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7 Kirbys on screen) ) flies across the stage spinning a giant drill doing MASSIVE Damage to Enemies.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Updated the support list, didn't expect more activity, here. I can only imagine more if she becomes a Dream Friend.

Well obviously punches and kicks. Normal stuff. She'd also be able to summon Enemies (Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Bronto Burts, Chilly, Hot Head, ETC), some might even be robotically enhanced to do more damage. Also seeing as she has a clipboard that could be a throwable object or could be used in special moves.

She'd have 2 final smashes (ala Ryu)

In Robobot Armor: Susie explodes the Robobot Armor and temporarily switches to the Robobot Armor of Susie 2.0 (Lets just call it The 2.0 Armor). The 2.0 Armor temporarily increases all of Susies stats for a minute or two. After a minute or two Susie gets out of The 2.0 Armor and it explodes being 2x bigger than a regular Robobot explosion and doing 2x the damage. Susie will temporarily be left without Robobot Armor but a new one will appear 5-10 seconds later.

Outside of Robobot Armor: Kirby (In his Robobot Armor (No this does not change if you already have 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7 Kirbys on screen) ) flies across the stage spinning a giant drill doing MASSIVE Damage to Enemies.
I like this idea alot. This will surely help separate her from other mech fighters easily. Never thought of the idea of her fighting outside her mech before since she never shown herself as capable without it. But this is Smash, I am sure they can work it out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There. The connection must be slow on my end.

Now it should be updated.
Yeah, I see my name on the list. Thanks for adding me.
I'll probably work on a moveset once she gets added as a Dream Friend as it will help me visualize her playstyle much better (I already made movesets for the animal trio, Marx, and Gooey based on Star Allies and it wasn't even hard)... but only if she has her mech.
Otherwise I'll probably use Planet Robobot as an inspration because Susie with a mech >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Susie with no mech

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sign me up! I love the heck out of Susie and I think she would bring a lot to the table, despite not being the most prominent choice for a Kirby rep.

Here's a little mech-based moveset I put together for her. Let me know what you guys think. (:
I love this moveset alot

Taking inspiration from the Kirby Robobot Armor was something I avoided, but the way you included it for her works well. The jabs and smashes are special pretty creative. Same for the Susie Bot projectile.

Added you to the list mate.

JazzaDawg

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1178-2246-1598
Switch FC
2923 8939 4091
Pretty much any Kirby character would be great but being a cute robot definitely helps

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity here too.
Still some Susie fans around?

I'd like her to be in Smash and able to shoot (biggish) lazers. Just a cool vision XD

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I'd like her to be in Smash and able to shoot (biggish) lazers. Just a cool vision XD
I'm thinking it might have to do with Bandana Waddle Dee and the fact that a lot stuff seem to be pointing towards good things for him, so people have been flocking to his thread for the most part. Of course, I'd like Susie in Smash, AFTER B.D., of course.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like Bandana dee, it'd be fun to play with it and the spear. But Susie would be so cool, not just the character but potential for mech stuff too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now we are down to 17 supporters. I've expected things to slow down since a Kirby chaacte is king less likely these days.

It's because there is not that much to talk about. Espeically when we are waiting to see how Star Allies will handle her down the line.

That and we are unsure if we will get any content fyom the 3DS games in Smash. Though I do like the laser idea you mentioned.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Susie is down for the count and this is the part where I leave.

But anyone can take over this thread.

NinjaSmash_414

Smash Rookie
She still have a shot!

Kirby Star Allies made some good moves for her that it can work in Smash.

Specials:

Neutral B - HWC Blaster
Side B - Transporter Burst/Aero Cracker
Up B - Transporter Flight
Down B - Allies Guard/Friend Ability

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I guess I am back, for now.

Lmao, good meme.

Susie liking bad boys would be so in-character.

She still have a shot!

Kirby Star Allies made some good moves for her that it can work in Smash.

Specials:

Neutral B - HWC Blaster
Side B - Transporter Burst/Aero Cracker
Up B - Transporter Flight
Down B - Allies Guard/Friend Ability
Nice moveset, I do like the specials.

With Star Allies, it proves that she doesn't have to strictly be a mech fighter and can fight outside of it

The mech either being a Final Smash or she can be a stance fighter summoning to mech for a whole different moveset

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thread's been quiet for nearly a year...either way, I support!
Sure, why not?

Star Allies did give her at least some publicity and moveset concepts. She has to compete with all fellow Dream Friends, most notably Dee and Marx being the top choices. Although I would at least be happy with any new Kirby character. Susie being my number one choice.

Top Bottom