• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's new final smash...

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
There's going to be events in NA that have the full roster available. Probably going to see it then.

Arthur97

Smash Master
There's always hope that someone else will do it, but the Robins don't seem to be most people's first choice when you get only one or two plays.

Arthur97

Smash Master
If only they had been at E3. I did play that demo so I could have at least tried. Instead I used Ridley and Ganondorf.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Welp, it looks like he isn't getting a new one... this is slightly awkward... happens at around 1:57

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Welp, it looks like he isn't getting a new one... this is slightly awkward... happens at around 1:57

What if Chrom (if it’s really him) is only replaced when he’s in battle?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If they replace him with someone, that'd be fantastic, but I'm not optimistic...
It definitely is optimism being used. Only other way Chrom pulling double duty makes sense is if they somehow pull a FEH excuse on us

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Clearly this is part of Sakurai's apology for not including Chrom in 4. Now he's in the game twice as much!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
This is indeed strange. I second the notion that Robin has missed the chopping block for some additional tweaking time.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm rather disappointed that they use Robin's render as the cut-in instead of the one from Awakening, but I suppose it makes sense what with all the alternate costumes.

I was personally thinking they'd pull an Outrealms excuse instead of an FEH one, but we'll just have to wait and hear their explanation for this. If we're getting one at all, that is.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm rather disappointed that they use Robin's render as the cut-in instead of the one from Awakening, but I suppose it makes sense what with all the alternate costumes.

I was personally thinking they'd pull an Outrealms excuse instead of an FEH one, but we'll just have to wait and hear their explanation for this. If we're getting one at all, that is.
Eh, maybe they all just come from different worlds with each Robin bringing their own Chrom.

Though I can still choose to believe that Lucina and Male Robin are from the same world and his Chrom is the one that got beat up even if I'd like it if Chrom was also from the "prime" world.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Eh, maybe they all just come from different worlds with each Robin bringing their own Chrom.

Though I can still choose to believe that Lucina and Male Robin are from the same world and his Chrom is the one that got beat up even if I'd like it if Chrom was also from the "prime" world.
They're all toys, and the owner has as many duplicates as he needs to fill out his fantasies. That's really all there is to it in Smash.

Arthur97

Smash Master
They're all toys, and the owner has as many duplicates as he needs to fill out his fantasies. That's really all there is to it in Smash.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Seriously, why can't they let them be real? Though it does make other questions easier perhaps.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So someone can be both a playable fighter and a Final Smash assistant but Assist Trophies can't be fighters in the same game? The rules about who gets in and who doesn't are really confusing.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So someone can be both a playable fighter and a Final Smash assistant but Assist Trophies can't be fighters in the same game? The rules about who gets in and who doesn't are really confusing.
Maybe that's because they're all fan-made.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Maybe that's because they're all fan-made.
That's right... Sakurai never stated an Assist Trophy cant be both playable AND Assist! So it's always a possibility! That means characters like Shadow, Isaac and Skull Kid still has a solid chance! DLC Please!!!

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
That's right... Sakurai never stated an Assist Trophy cant be both playable AND Assist! So it's always a possibility! That means characters like Shadow, Isaac and Skull Kid still has a solid chance! DLC Please!!!
Yeah, this is pretty much the conclusion I came to the moment I saw Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash. Can't say for certain until we see them in the same fight, though.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933

Well that frick frackin sucks. Young Link was disappointing, but it really feels like they just forgot about Robin. On the flip side though, from what I can see in the gameplay my main actually is looking pretty good!

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well that frick frackin sucks. Young Link was disappointing, but it really feels like they just forgot about Robin. On the flip side though, from what I can see in the gameplay my main actually is looking pretty good!
At least you don't main Lucina.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So THIS was the thread where we discussed Robin being portrayed more often as a tome user. I was looking all over for it!

There's another point I'd like to bring up on the matter, if you guys don't mind. In Awakening's opening cutscene, there's a quick little scene where Chrom, "Marth", and a Hooded Robin all ready their weapons against Grima. Here, Robin exclusively wields a tome. So... yeah. Just wanted to point that out. Carry on with your day. :p

Top Bottom