• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robins bad match up's?

HybridFlames

Smash Rookie
I was curious who robin was bad against i personally have a lot of trouble with captain falcon and sonic it's hard to set up traps and arc thunder name any bad match ups with robin and tell me some solutions you guys have found!

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Any character that can rush down effectively is bad for Robin because you don't really have time to wall them out or charge Thunder, and your grab game is a lot harder to capitalize on, so even things like 'checkmate' are difficult.

That said, play a more bait-and-punish game and try to keep any momentum you can get. Robin isn't exactly a pushover close-up, it's just their move speed that lets them down. It's difficult, but the thing about these rushdown characters is that they rarely have a ranged game, so it's not like it's totally impossible to have an advantage over them. -they still have to get in and you still have walling tools, even if they are less effective.

Levin also makes a big difference in a few of these MUs as it's big disjoints and strong attacks mean that not only can you - to some degree - throw it out quite safely, but trading is often quite positive, too. Just be careful getting caught without it.

Ultimately, use your movement wisely, and don't even think about moves that might get punished. Robin just doesn't have the movement options to get out of there fast enough.

Nah

Smash Champion
Robin loses to anyone who can safely apply pressure to her basically.

Sonic I actually think is even though, unless you play on Final Destination, where it's in his favor.

Top Bottom