• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB vs Snake.....

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Rob's Ftilt is punishable on block, Snake's is not. So much for "good spacing"
I'm pretty sure ROB's FTilt has enough range to punish Snake's FTilt on block. It's just annoying because Snake wins with his ******** disjointedness (HOW ARE HIS LIMBS DISJOINTED) if you throw them at each other at the same time, you take 21% and get tossed away twice as far.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I personally think this matchup is even, I have too much trouble killing snake, (he just wont die for me) while he can kill you alot earlier. But that's just my personal opinion. Its probably just a weakness i have against snakes. But yes grenades piss me off, just soo much range and damage >_<

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Snake isn't that slow, he has better airspeed than us, and that boost smash is rediculous, also he has way to many killing options, every move is a fricken kill move o_O

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I still think this is even. Just stay grounded and punish snake when he pulls grenades. I played DSF and SuperBoom recntly with good results.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
His snake is REEAAALLY good. He beat me in tourney at Tourneyplay 3. At that same tournament he placed 5th in doubles snake/link with Deva. lol

Trillest

Smash Ace
I would go as far to say this mu is 60-40 snakes favour

1 Its difficult to approach snake and your cant play close to him
2 he can camp beast sometimes better than rob depending on the stage
3 He can be gimped but in a match we are mainly applying dmg aerially fwd air usually decays so he cant be knocked off cypher
4 Can kill with ease
5 A snake that insta/fast throws nades wont fall to the feet aimed laser

It's even but Snake as a way easier time no doubts, ROB can only make it even by gimping and dealing a lot of dmg during the recovery process. I don't doubt it's going to be Snake favor very soon, Snake mainers keep getting better. ROB mainers? It's like they don't exist. At Havoc in the hammer, I almost took 1 set out of Ally but this was without gimps because he's practically ungimpable now.

ROB projectiles are extremely easy to block when you get used too, they're quite slow. Snake can also camp ROB back if he's smart enough. ROB has almost nothing on Snake on close range except spaced ftilts and grabbing the ftilt.
There's a reason why Holy is in the SBR-B. >__>

you shouldn't assume ROB is losing. IF the match starts out right you should be able to get a fwe chip hits with camping and avoid snakes fairly easily if you play it right.

most of the time, ROB is in control. but if he DOES have to approach its fair game. But you cant assume thats the condition.

If ROB is winning percent he has complete control over this match. In percent, and espcially stock.

He also has ways of taking out snakes stock fast off stage. ITs not impossible, snakes jsut stopped recovering the same way everytime. Lrn2predict and stop whining. He's easy to keep in the air when you get in close as well and its not like he can punish if you play it that way.

I dont see how this can be snakes favor, DEAD EVEN at best, but thats only if the rob gets impatient
You need to get to know ROB's projectiles' frame data. >__> Max Laser takes about 6-10 frames longer thang Mid Laser IIRC. Gyro get retardedly easy to PS after a while, which is why God blessed us with GTing in different directions.

@JJ: Sorry bro, but I think you lose this arguement. I lurk the Snake boards quite a bit, so I like to think I know some about Snake. DACUS first hit to nade is great at low percents to get ROB in the air, and even with Snake's dumb aerial mobility, ROB's weird shape/aerial value mix makes him really easy to juggle.

Cooked Nade toss over the edge to get ROB while he's recover is unlikely to happen, but'll screw you over if it does.

FTilt.

UTilt.

Unless Snake's on his Cypher, and you don't have a Max Laser/Max Gyro (which might be unlikely late on in a match), YOU HAVE TO APPROACH TO GET A KILL. You're gonna have to risk it to get that Nair kill.

Just my two cents on this thing.

Top Bottom