• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

8Bitman

Smash Master
Haha, alright Teevee. Good sh**. =)

Also I am majorly depressed that sooooo many people are quitting Brawl after this tourney... I haven't gone to a Worldwide or National tourney. Yet I have sooo much to show..... T^T

I hate being young and poor...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, alright Teevee. Good sh**. =)

Also I am majorly depressed that sooooo many people are quitting Brawl after this tourney... I haven't gone to a Worldwide or National tourney. Yet I have sooo much to show..... T^T

I hate being young and poor...
Disregard being young, I'm 18 and going it alone....admittedly i dropped many bricks in fear, but yknow
Being poor...Not so much, Here's to you getting a job!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah the poor part aint really much. But it is me being too young to go by myself... T^T

I am only 16, my parents don't want me going. >.<

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah but like so many people here are quitting/leaving.... -_-

Polt left a while ago, C018 quit a while ago, ESAM left, Seibrik said this is his last tourney, DJ Jack said he is quitting..... And I don't know about any others, I can guarantee there are probably more.

I just hate that by the time I am 18, 99% of Brawlers will have quit. I was never meant to go to Nationals...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I guess i see where you're coming from. But the banning of MK will bring a new wave of players! Of perhaps the old ones will come back, a lot of them do!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Hopefully, because I don't plan on quitting Brawl for a long time. The only benefit to this, is that whatever tourneys I do go to, I will probably do 9001 times better.

Any who, Good luck all you guys, glad to see everyone happy to go in. =)

SOMEONE MAKE SOME UPSETS! GO KICK ***!!! :3

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yeah the poor part aint really much. But it is me being too young to go by myself... T^T

I am only 16, my parents don't want me going. >.<
5th best R.O.B. is the same age as me.

*sudden burst of motivation*

If I had the money I'd go to APEX just to watch people and learn from other R.O.B.s, lol.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
11 hour drive to APEX starts in the morning. I'll give it my all.
Fight valiantly, robots.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Morning of, little sleep, anxious as beep.
Let's gooo

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
OCEAN just got 1st seed in 2nd rd pool. Beating the likes of YbM, Will, and Tearbear. I will be watching his matches and other ROBs. I'll do a write-up when I get back

:phone:

T0MMY

Smash Master
For those of you who heard I "quit" might have heard I quit playing competitively in local events (Oregon locals).
But the good news: the guy who has been responsible for killing our local scene has quit. He got bodied at Apex and blamed the entire tournament for his failure and reason for leaving (right...).
Now that he's gone I am officially announcing my return to the (local) Brawl scene. I will revert my defunct tournament scene into the glorious events we had in the good ol' days, the likes we have not seen since the OMG (nearly 100 people showed up to an Oregon event).
Everyone will be playing in a welcoming, respectful environment where we're encouraged to keep performing well -- and most of all we're going to have so much fun.

Also: Eric, how'd you do in your pool? Inui is really good + MK... Filip is really good + Falco. If I were in your pool I don't think I'd be making it out of there.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
who was killing the scene? if you dont want to release his name, you should pm it to me. i'm merely curious.

and that's great news, beepo <3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Also: Eric, how'd you do in your pool? Inui is really good + MK... Filip is really good + Falco. If I were in your pool I don't think I'd be making it out of there.
I 2-0'd 2 people.
Inui 0-2'd me, but I blew game 2.
FILIP didn't show.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I hate hearing stuff like that, people ruining entire scenes out of idiocy..

T0MMY

Smash Master
Today was my last local I sandbagged. I didn't play R.O.B., I played King Dedede, and dittoed every Meta Knight I played against. So, pretty much I went almost all MK -- lol. Despite never playing the character I got 2nd place haha.
I get to go back to R.O.B. and have fun again :^]

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, just singles. I went R.O.B. in doubles and took the top 2 players who teamed together out 2v1 which was a double MK team. That's 1 R.O.B. stock taking out 4 Meta Knight stocks, lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, the scene is still kind of wobbly, I didn't attend the last monthly... kind of good, considering it had four entrants... lame.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Edit: Oh yeah, the scene is still kind of wobbly, I didn't attend the last monthly... kind of good, considering it had four entrants... lame.
You just gotta work with what you can. Recruit and rally.

T0MMY

Smash Master
See, our scene was thriving, we had a lot of core players and new players coming in all the time. When this problem child came into the scene I didn't just stop playing locally, I also decided it wasn't worth my time organizing events either. So things aren't going to get much better unless someone steps up to the job, and I've got my time invested into a lot of new things outside of Smash now so I really don't feel up to the job.
However, I am hosting a tourney this weekend and it looks like we're going to have about 20 or so attendees, so hopefully that will kick-start something.
Smash always revives sometime after valentine's day, so, we'll see ([^~]

T0MMY

Smash Master
Been working on my local scene, which is the 3rd largest city in the state (so not that big, considering the other two aren't heavily populated) but we ended up with 50 attendees, which was fantastic.
This last one we only had 30 because it was a two week notice and finals week. Considering we have considerably less population we're doing a lot better than Portland's 4-8 people tournaments.

The best player in Portland came down to this tournament thinking he was going to win lots of money because there was just a little ol' R.O.B. standing in his Meta Knight's way. Wrong.

Next time around we're going to give fair time to get word out and look to bring 60 people in.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats pretty good. Our biggest event in a long time was in january right after apex. 55 people just for brawl. rob helped me come joint 13th :B
Infact, i didnt lose any sets with rob!

but really, well done t0mmy, hope you get more big things going on

T0MMY

Smash Master
~50 attendees looks great, but only 25 of the attendees entered Brawl. There have been some attendees who weren't listed because they didn't enter anything. Even though every notable state player has attended, the bulk are new players, randoms, and scrubs, so the competition is still at the state/local level.

But it's good getting back into hosting -- the scene was on its last legs. Maybe a few more months and me, t1mmy, and Jonix will have another Oregon Mega Games level event X^D

Top Bottom