• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you open the controller there is a little slider thing that the shoulder buttons press against (you'll need to use a Phillips head to get access to it, there are some small screws in the way iirc).

Anyway, clean it with a cotton bud and lube it with that Rubix Cube lube stuff. That should give you the effect you are after.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im talknig about the spring btw, not the actual button thing, thats fine XD
also dont want to remove the springs, i dont like it XD

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Or just be a man and take the springs out. Just don't plan to play melee lol

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Honestly it's best to do it the natural way and just repeatedly keep pressing them fast for a long time. It will wear them down a bit. My controller is so loose and sensitive. I love it. I can't use any other controller. ^_^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive had it for well over a year, and i have the highest plytime in the entirety of the uk community (despite only beign around for half the lifespan of the game) so i would have thought it would have worn down by now.
i have an armchair in my room, so ill stick the springs under the chairlegs overnight

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I had a few people in IL tell me to return to ROB, especially now, since our next tournament is MK banned (which everyone should come to, btw :p). So I thought about it, and maybe I'm not as bad with ROB as I seem to think I am. I'm still more comfortable with him than I am with Peach, but I still find Peach more fun to play. She's just more mentally straining to play. She requires so much concentration and spot on tech skill, that I can't play her continuously for more than an hour a day. Comparatively, I can play ROB for hours on end and see no difference in how I'm playing with him. He's much simpler. Basically what this means is, I never play Peach outside of tournament matches or money matches (or smashfests), because it would affect my tournament play, where playing ROB in friendlies doesn't affect my tournament play. Although I've been placing higher lately using Peach, I think I need to start using ROB again.

So yeah, long, useless rant, but tl;dr: I'm gonna be playing ROB more soon.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I agree that MK is better. I'd be a tard not to. But I'm not an advocate of playing someone just b/c they're better. ROB has enough options for me to not move on to someone else.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i personally dont find MK that bad. people tell me its like, 70:30 mk favour. my personal feeling on it is 60:40. the same as ike/lucario MU, and that feels a ton harder XD

TeeVee

Smash Lord
at lower levels of play it isnt that bad lol

once you start playing at a higher level you realize how hopeless rob is, in the mk matchup (and almost every other matchup in the game)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
TV, you have to remember that most ROBs don't have M2K, Anti, Ally, Nairo, Vinnie, and many more top MKs in their region like us lol

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Meta Knight MU = 30:70 at best to R.O.B.. It's that hard if not even harder.

Top Bottom