• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

Bees!

Smash Ace
Guys I am back from New Mexico! I went mostly ROB (kirby for a few matches) and I got 3rd out of(I think) 30 entrants. Will post the results when they are up. Also after playing Dakpo I am giving up on the ROB v ZSS MU. It is unwinnable. We get beat out in every situation. Even worse than MK. I will use Kirby for that MU as well as for D3. Sorry guys. I can't deal with either of those MUs. Unless someone has some good advice for either MU(nothing has worked thus far)

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Guys I am back from New Mexico! I went mostly ROB (kirby for a few matches) and I got 3rd out of(I think) 30 entrants. Will post the results when they are up. Also after playing Dakpo I am giving up on the ROB v ZSS MU. It is unwinnable. We get beat out in every situation. Even worse than MK. I will use Kirby for that MU as well as for D3. Sorry guys. I can't deal with either of those MUs. Unless someone has some good advice for either MU(nothing has worked thus far)
Those MUs + Meta Knight are impossible for R.O.B. anyway, so don't feel bad. One D-smash means death, it's pure cruelty really. Have anyone been infinited by Captain Falcon by the way?

Bees!

Smash Ace
According to Dakpo the infinite is way to hard to set up in tourney. That MU is bad due to a million different other reasons besides the infinite. Also I don't have much issues with the MK mu anymore. At least there are situations where ROB has options or can do SOMETHING. ZSS beats him out everywhere and in every situation.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
According to Dakpo the infinite is way to hard to set up in tourney. That MU is bad due to a million different other reasons besides the infinite. Also I don't have much issues with the MK mu anymore. At least there are situations where ROB has options or can do SOMETHING. ZSS beats him out everywhere and in every situation.
my ***
all zero suit needs is one dsmash and its done if the zero suit is technical enough
uk zero suit was the one who discovered it originally...so naturally he would have it down to a tee...*******

Bees!

Smash Ace
lol. Dakpo is more technical than any of the ZSS mains I have seen. He didn't need to do it either. its a bad matchup even without the infinite. I would say unwinnable either way.

Steam

Smash Hero
Bees and his doom and gloom.

I still don't see how ZSS ***** everything RoB does even without the infinite.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol. Dakpo is more technical than any of the ZSS mains I have seen. He didn't need to do it either. its a bad matchup even without the infinite. I would say unwinnable either way.
technical=/=able to do the infinite
but anyway. yeah its still a horrible matchup. but not like..unwinnable bad

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ZSS beats him out everywhere and in every situation.
40:60 at worst Bees.
C'mon now!
This is gonna sound weird but I had a dream last night and you randomly showed up in it for just a brief moment and all we talked about was the ZSS MU.
The entire time I was thinking you were crazy lol.

Anywho, I ended up falling asleep when I got home from work yesterday (slept for like 13 hrs) and now I have to go right back to work again. I wanted to do my tournament write-up. Definitely was not a great performance but I believe I learned a few things and found some things I definitely need to work on. But yeah, I'd like to talk more about the ZSS MU. I feel like he was more-so countering your playstyle. And plus, how much ZSS practice do you have? All I know is, it felt nowhere near impossible as I almost took two games (I did take one) off Nick Riddle, the 2nd one I almost won was on RC and that's like a static ban for me. I should not have CP'd him to Frigate (I always end up regretting that decision) but oh wellz.

Latuhz for nowz.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
No that MU is 35:65 to R.O.B. hands down Mister Eric.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hands down. No way it could be betters.

Pessimists.

<3

Bees!

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305242
Here ya go beepos and beepas.

Brawl:

1. Dakpo :zerosuitsamus:
2. Dekar :diddy:
3. Bees :rob: :kirby2:
4. Bad Karma :dedede::popo::metaknight:
5. Furiousduffman :gw:
5. Isaacard :pikachu2:
7. Light :peach:
7. Arty :snake::metaknight:
9. JT! :rob:
9. Phate :snake:
9. Meno :peach:
9. Dark Shifter :metaknight:
13. Ginko :marth::lucario:
13. Twistr :kirby2:
13. Super King :pit::kirby2:
13. Ethan
17. Seth
17. Andrew W.
17. Alex Defuga :ness2::toonlink:
17. Bryan :pit::wario:
17. Napos :metaknight:
17. Tekkie :wolf:
17. Brian Marken
17. Tetsuya :marth:
25. Casey B.
25. Miles
25. Error :dedede::olimar:
25. Jake
25. Iria :metaknight:
25. Chris Daily

^to the best of my knowledge. dekar will know more about payouts.

edit: i'll do shoutouts later... duke nukem lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its not THAT bad. if youre thinking its worse than 60:40 then either their playstyle counters yours or the zss main that you commonly play against is just better than you

i lose a lot to my buddy's luigi. its still a positive matchup for ike. but his playstyle counters mine and hes better than me. which equates to him winning

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Does anyone have advice for the Wario matchup? Someone I frequently play picked him up recently and I have next to no experience in that MU.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I have quite a bit but it would require some typing, and I just got off of a 11 hour shift. in the next few days I will try to post something.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Does anyone have advice for the Wario matchup? Someone I frequently play picked him up recently and I have next to no experience in that MU.
yea, pick up a new char. impossible matchup at high level

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
The Wario MU requires a lot of practise. Up-tilt and Uair often in this MU, as he will drop from above and Dair you. Remember that we have a slight disadvantage (45:55), so it isn't that bad really. Everything you do on his shield = grabbed (and F-throwed LuLz). Beware of his fart when you try to recover, as well as his juggling tools and footstool shenanigans. He also pokes our already bad shield so one Dair is often enough to forget the shield option LoL. My brother mains Wario so he is my most known MU. As usual I'm very busy (and lazy) to write down everything, so just ask instead. I recommend playing a few matches and based on those matches you ask questions. Don't forget that if you grab release him (it depends on Wario), Uair for damage or Up-smash for the kill!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Grab Release only works on the ledge. which in that case fSmash is the only thing that can be usefully done. Also He will try to camp for a fart. The good thing is. That during a certain duration I think its 1:30-2:00 minutes of a waft its the strongest at that point. after that it loses its potency quite a bit. so its a he camps you then when he tries to approach for that waft you camp him. his double jump is a good time to try and laser as opposed to his fh it doesn't have much vertical distance so it can be a chance to get a laser when he camping. Also careful with standing around shielding or spot dodging. You are just asking to get nom nom'd

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Grab Release only works on the ledge. which in that case fSmash is the only thing that can be usefully done
Depends on stage. Lylat can force a grab release to upsmash.
Also if you grab on ledge, there is a chance to infinite him (I'm quite sure with pummel > air release > grab > repeat) especially if his second jump is gone. So afaik, it's a good idea to go for a grab when he is recovering from the ledge, etc.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
you have no idea how much i wish i was trolling (even though i dont play anymore lol), matchup REALLY is impossible at high level

o and...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i wouldnt rely on the grab release too much. just pummel>throw. also from what ive gathered against top euro wario's. the matchup requires extensive b-air

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord

Heartstring

Smash Legend
same...well technically i was. but i didnt actually start using my account untill 2010. so yeah ^^
mother of god. its nearly been two years since i started playing brawl. feels like no time at all

anyway, ive just realised that in every fighting game i play, i HAVE to use the british person if there is one in the game (dudley in sf, steve in tekken, etc.)

anyway. what exactly do we do to deal with people that tend to hang around diagonally above us when we be in our shield? oos fair when facing them. what if im facing away?
assume its luigi or peach. someone like that

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can't describe how hyped I am that I placed at 3 out of 4 events at a major. Even though the one I didn't was singles lol, at least I made it to bracket and got a win. Made money in a main event at a major (4th in doubles) is so great. Also playing finals sets in Project M and Mid Tiers was nice. I feel like it's been a long time since I've made money from an event, then I go and do it at CoT5 out of all of them lol
Can't wait for vids of doubles cause dabuz and i were getting it the **** in

diegot143

Smash Cadet
here goes my two cents... i picked up rob a month ago and recently i did better in tourney then ever before..i actually won two matches... granted i have to against pretty good competition here in houston with gnes razer trela illmatic but i had mained marth for almost two years and i had never been able to win two matches.. im very proud of my recent achievements with rob

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
here goes my two cents... i picked up rob a month ago and recently i did better in tourney then ever before..i actually won two matches... granted i have to against pretty good competition here in houston with gnes razer trela illmatic but i had mained marth for almost two years and i had never been able to win two matches.. im very proud of my recent achievements with rob
Keep it up man. If you ever need any advice, we got yo back.

I can't describe how hyped I am that I placed at 3 out of 4 events at a major. Even though the one I didn't was singles lol, at least I made it to bracket and got a win. Made money in a main event at a major (4th in doubles) is so great. Also playing finals sets in Project M and Mid Tiers was nice. I feel like it's been a long time since I've made money from an event, then I go and do it at CoT5 out of all of them lol
Can't wait for vids of doubles cause dabuz and i were getting it the **** in
If you post a vvv blog about your tournament experience, you should either link us, or copy and paste it here.
good stuffs =]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you post a vvv blog about your tournament experience, you should either link us, or copy and paste it here.
I'm going to be writing a series of blogs about everything CoT related, mostly dedicated to both my personal experience in and out of tourney, and dealing with hosting the event from beginning to end. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, possibly spread across multiple sites but I'll be sure to let you all know. Can't wait for doubles vids to go up

Top Bottom