• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

T0MMY

Smash Master
Last tourney I got 2nd to Felix.
Matches: 3-0'd Nerd, 2-0'd Pwneroni (who took Nerd out in winners with his amazing Wario). The next weekend was a WA only tournament where Nerd ended up beating Jem then splitting with Felix.

toobusytocare from Washington is getting really good as well! He nearly beat Nerd and has been taking Jem to a close round 3 consistently. His Ice Climbers are starting to do that "get grabbed, lose stock" thing, lol, and his Wario is about on the same level as Pwneroni's. Once he starts beating Jem and Felix it'll make my job a lot easier... because my R.O.B. is kind of a wall to him, hehe. Keep an eye on him, if he keeps improving the way he does he'll be a notable player.

I just have a local next week, planning on winning that like all locals I don't host, but Brick will be there and he's getting to be a really good player as well. I hate that Pikachu matchup, lol, and he's at least on Z's level, but if you ask him he'd probably say he's the best Pika on west coast. So that'll be great to get some matches in with him -- he said he's going to beat me this time!

That's the news from Pac NW, catch ya @ AiB ([^~]

8Bitman

Smash Master
Matches: 3-0'd Nerd, 2-0'd Pwneroni (who took Nerd out in winners with his amazing Wario). The next weekend was a WA only tournament where Nerd ended up beating Jem then splitting with Felix.

toobusytocare from Washington is getting really good as well! He nearly beat Nerd and has been taking Jem to a close round 3 consistently. His Ice Climbers are starting to do that "get grabbed, lose stock" thing, lol, and his Wario is about on the same level as Pwneroni's. Once he starts beating Jem and Felix it'll make my job a lot easier... because my R.O.B. is kind of a wall to him, hehe. Keep an eye on him, if he keeps improving the way he does he'll be a notable player.

I just have a local next week, planning on winning that like all locals I don't host, but Brick will be there and he's getting to be a really good player as well. I hate that Pikachu matchup, lol, and he's at least on Z's level, but if you ask him he'd probably say he's the best Pika on west coast. So that'll be great to get some matches in with him -- he said he's going to beat me this time!

I want videos!!! *Bangs forks on table

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman

Just saying, Z's better then me, but I'm catching up.

Also, there are like 3 pikas that are at my level (apparently) that I know of. I still think I'm better then them though XD

I like to say I'm 2nd best.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
also, i dont see anything about smash mentioned on the website, can you link me to that bit?
Smash isn't mentioned, but there are always a society called "Brödraskapet Smash" who brings TVs and smash in general every event, and they host tournaments in Melee, but a guy named leffen may host a Brawl tournament too (Sweden's first real too). Just let me know if you want more information.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Smash isn't mentioned, but there are always a society called "Brödraskapet Smash" who brings TVs and smash in general every event, and they host tournaments in Melee, but a guy named leffen may host a Brawl tournament too (Sweden's first real too). Just let me know if you want more information.
cool, sadly it doesnt sounds like something big enough for us to come over

my man, become the host of sweden and get mass props!!! and money, that too

im serious, hosting its stressful but you get respect everywhere, and there are some good players in sweden too!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Aw, too bad. =/

Yeah, I and my brother plan to host a tournament this winter, but it's going to be at least 10 games (we have that as a school project). But hey, G-p, travel to Finland; they have a big tournament once every month or so. ([^^]

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Aw, too bad. =/

Yeah, I and my brother plan to host a tournament this winter, but it's going to be at least 10 games (we have that as a school project). But hey, G-p, travel to Finland; they have a big tournament once every month or so. ([^^]
do you go? i mean it would cost a ton, and really i need to start saving for university, so id need to go to these things where i know a person
also if youd house me id come over for your tournament, then for added school project marks you could interview a foreigner

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Yes, we can house you if you like to, and I can surely help you with your school project too. xD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yes, we can house you if you like to, and I can surely help you with your school project too. xD
what? no! XD
i was saying it could help you in your school project by having an analysis of the event from a foreigners POV XD i dont have school project to do

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea once your on there it's ridiculously hard to get off (something no one but rob mains will understand) but you also retreated to it a few times

i didnt watch match 2 yet, but watch match 1 + 2nd half of match 3, you played the same. watch first half of match 3, you played much differently and SO much better. match 1 + second half of three was all letting seagull control the match, you played so much on the defensive, only reacted to his stuff and left no room for your own approaches and improvisations. first half of match 3 though, you controlled it instead and forced him into the poor situation.... and tried to dunk his overB.... i lol'd

TeeVee

Smash Lord
attending my first tourny in 3 months next week (****ing school and work ._.) and im thinking of going all rob :3

havnt decided yet though

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ive been doing some wilddddddddddddddd **** in training mode though

and i got the mk matchup on lock with rob, only thing im scared of is nakats fox and fatal

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo get some vids recorded vs mk if u dont use him in tourney at least lol, i need to see this **** cuz i still suck at it >.>

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Havent watched the seagull match yet, but I know when I played him, I got really outplayed on game1 and then I cp'd him to his fave stage game 2 and it was about last hit until I let Halberd's cannon finish me lol.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
helpless vs who? mk or marth?

cant help you in the marth department since we have no top level marths in ne but ill get vids recorded vs mk/snake next week

8Bitman

Smash Master
How do you deal with the Marth MU? He is on my list of close to impossible MU's.

Chaz ***** ME!! I couldn't do anything. >_>

Also the matches of Me Vs. ESAM are up. I shall link you guys to them just incase you are all interested. ^_^

(2Link didn't watch the set so he didn't know the order of the matches so I am posting them in order.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rvIj0xL_0 (Match 1.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PkPqtrSA1U&feature=related (Match 2.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsyXyVs8fM&feature=related (Match 3.)

Hopefully you guys can enjoy this. ^_^

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Exactly what GP said, camp him, and keep him away with ftilt, it outspaces him. If he gets your gyro, watch out for a GT fsmash, or GT anything really, Marth's GT goes very far. Frigate is a good counterpick to bring him to because of his recovery. Besides that, it's just practicing the MU. I have a lot of practice in it, so it's not impossible. It's 50:50.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, id personally put math as my best MU these days

oh yeah, castle seige is my favourite to take them though

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Woa, 8bit. What a great match to watch. Were you drawing a crowd? It was very clutch.

I wanted to say that I really enjoy how your style is heavily punctuated by neutral air. I know every ROBs is to some degree, but I noticed it in yours (particularly match one) especially. The one issue is when you low di after a weak hit and try to neutral air in response: like after esam f-throws to upsmash you. Every time he did that you tried to land with n-air, and he shielded it every time. I understand not wanting to be in the air vs pika, but yeah. Gotta land safer.

Also sick f-smash on that first stock kill game 3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
How do you deal with the Marth MU? He is on my list of close to impossible MU's.

Chaz ***** ME!! I couldn't do anything. >_>

Also the matches of Me Vs. ESAM are up. I shall link you guys to them just incase you are all interested. ^_^

(2Link didn't watch the set so he didn't know the order of the matches so I am posting them in order.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rvIj0xL_0 (Match 1.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PkPqtrSA1U&feature=related (Match 2.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsyXyVs8fM&feature=related (Match 3.)

Hopefully you guys can enjoy this. ^_^
I know when I met Chaz at MLG I had the set 2-0 but couldn't pull out the close game 2 . Then I just poorly cp'd him and got outplayed. It's def not impossible but I do feel it's a lot diff than most MUs

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sorry for the triple post but these needs a good bump.

Right now I'm at the hotel for day 2 of School is in Session 5. I'm noticing that after a 2 month break that my tech skill has decreased but my fundamental skill has gone up, but I didn't have a hard time staying focused. I picked up 4th seed in my pool. (top 4 make it out) i definitely had a good shot at the higher seeds but I simply just got outplayed.

I made myself go to sleep before midnight so I'm hoping that the 8 hrs of sleep I just acquired gives me an edge against all of those with hangovers lol nah I rly don't care. At their best would be best. I should have to fight a 1 seed game 1 which could be the likes of m2k, ally, atomsk, etc we'll see how it goes.

The tourney was streaming and should be today too.

But yeah beepos don't forget about this thread (I haven't; just been lazy lol).

:phone:

Edit:
http://www.own3d.tv/live/44835/GenericallyNamed
Stream

Heartstring

Smash Legend
excellent work. make sure to cause upsets by sending ally and the like to losers bracket will you? r.o.b needs more representation ^^

Top Bottom