• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Move idea

Booster

Smash Lord
ROB is compatible with 2 games, Gyromite and Stack Up. He already has a gyro related attack which I think is awesome, but I'm thinking he should get a new move related to Stack Up and it's blocks. I was thinking of this, mentioned it to a good friend of mine and he thought of a good idea: Why not make a Stack Up related move where Rob can build vertical platforms with the stack up blocks?

It could replace the Side B move, which for one isn't a very good move IMO and two the thought of building platforms could add a new element of strategy to facing and being Rob. What do you guys and gals (Mostly guys) think?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Not to be harsh, but that sounds as effective as Villager's grow-and-cut-down-a-tree special move, which is to say...not very effective at all. It could be neat if he could build stuff fast enough, but the idea of the move just sounds so tacky and difficult to use well, despite its low reward potential. And Side-B may have not been much of a move in Brawl, but in PM, it's probably one of his best moves.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Not certain this is feasible (perhaps it could rewrite the arm-spinning graphic, with disks over the flames themselves), but how about if ROB's Up- and Side-B utilize the Stack Up attachment as a booster? This could even actually have a practical application, if the number/color of disks could be made to indicate the amount of remaining boosts.
It's always bugged me that Smash's ROB bears so little relation to anything. In particular, only one of the two ROB-compatible games is represented, and only for one move. This would be a good way to slip the other in without affecting his play, as well as to provide some distinction from the other Burner-using animations. As a bonus, it supplies a cute pun for move names: Up-B as Stack Up, Side-B as Stack Side, and running out of boosts as a Stack Overflow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom