• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB is the Worst Character in the Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Dead serious about this. As much as I love him and i'm still playing him......he's just that bad. I've come to realize more and more how important mobility is in this game and he has none. Not only is his ground speed bad, he also has very few mixp options and this is critically important when facing characters that are superior to him. His lack of a grab game is also very detrimental to his game.........if you just learn the timing for his moves your pretty much safe in your shield the majority of the game against him as his grab speed is atrocious. No aerial priority is very bad as well as you're forced to maintain a grounded game and with the lack of a grab game.....he's very one dimensional.

If you get a sizeable lead on ROB it is incredibly easy to time him out. Ge gets camped to death by any character with a decent camping game and outcamped by any character with good mobility(MK, Marth, Sheik, Wario, Wolf, Sonic, Peach etc.)

Bad MU's pretty much across the board, he still has a few manageable MU's where you can attempt to use him, but if your opponent understands ROB it's still simple to just zone him. ROB has to take too many risks to accumulate any damage at all and while a few of those may pay off, a few of them won't and being offstage is NOT where you want to be as ROB. His recovery has also got to be one of the worst in the game. To add to his terrible recovery is the fact that he is really light and has a bad momentum cancel.

I swear no other character has as many wasted moveslots. Ftilt, Utilt, Gyro, Lader, and Rotator are all awful moves that really add nothing to his game. Well, gyro but that doesn't add anything specifically to the ROB metagame.

His one saving grace is dtilt which is his best tactical move, yet even that move is extremely hard to land and even moreso at KO percents where it actually becomes the most useful.

Thoughts?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nah I heard youre in competition with a character or two for that dead bottom spot ;)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
dayum so much rob hate, he isnt the worst character in the game, I wouls say his current tier list position is about accurate, there are far worse characters, however, a lot of what you have said is accurate

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Bahahahahah people always do this to my threads. Nice idea but it's already been done before.

Cool story, bro.

too bad i already heard this story. inb4epiclock

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Rob's recovery isnt bad, olimar and ivysaur have bad recovery's, ROB's recovery is better then the spacies and even better then the character CJT is showing above.

Hey, what does CJT stand for?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
IT'S HOPELESS!

Where's Chibo and Fishy?
Partying on New Years...

I just woke up in this morning and now I feel like p diddy. I've already got my glasses on, what should I do next? lol

In my half-sleep, it looked like this was locked earlier, but either it got un-locked or I wasn't paying attention.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I like ROB's grab game.
his ftilt is certainly not a wasted move slot in so many matchups.

B reversals and gyro canceling are great for mobility as well as glide toss and glide toss mixed with robo burner.

what the **** are you smoking?
rob is not that bad

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok posting b/c some people don't know this

stingers is not serious about this. he just went to the zelda board were there is a thread that says zelda is the worst in the game he copied and pasted it here then switched zelda's name with robs. he is joking around

Stingers is a smart man. ROB sucks so bad, it's no wonder he's not in my postbit but Ganondorf is.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Amazing thread. 10/10 would read again.

Agreed 110%

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Dead serious about this. As much as I love him and i'm still playing him......he's just that bad. I've come to realize . . . atrocious. No aerial priority is very bad
. . . outcamped by any character with good mobility(MK, Marth, Sheik, Wario, Wolf, Sonic, Peach etc.)

Bad MU's pretty much across the board, he . . . offstage is NOT where you want to be as ROB. His recovery has also got to be one of . . . a bad momentum cancel.

. . . many wasted moveslots. Ftilt, Utilt, Gyro, Lader, and Rotator are all awful moves that really add nothing to his game. Well, gyro but . . .

. . . dtilt which is his best tactical move, yet even that move . . . KO percents where it actually becomes the most useful.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom