• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Basic Combo Guide

Poppinfresh

Smash Rookie
Forward
Rob has some flashy and strong combos, but I wouldn’t consider him a combo character. All of his useful combos come from his Weak Nair. Because it has slow startup and ROB has middling speed and air mobility, you will find that hitting Weak Nair is kind of a rarity. Nair is a great spacing and defensive tool. When used in these ways, you will more often hit with Strong Nair.

Further, ROB’s really nasty combos require a gyro. Unlike, say peach’s turnips, ROB’s gyro is sent away from him initially. It also disappears on shield. So, the only time you will reliably end up with a gyro is when you take a stock or hit with the gyro. In some matchups, it will be common to hit a gyro, in others it will be somewhat rare.

ROB’s Nair has 2 Hitboxes one closer to his jets and one further from his jets. The closer one is his weak Nair. It has less knockback and does 9% or 7.6% from a Shorthop. Strong Nair does 11.4% or 9.6% from a Shorthop. If you ever wonder which one you hit check the damage it did. After you work with ROB some more you will be able to tell based on the amount of knockback.

The Combos
The following combos were done on Inkling in training mode with Staling off. Inkling has a fairly average weight. So, add or subtract some % based your opponent’s weight. This list is far from comprehensive, but I’ve been seeing a lot of questions about comboing with ROB and wanted to make a list of combos that DO work. There are definitely more combos than just this (Especially with platforms) and you can combine some of these combos (Google ROB’s 0 to Death), but this is a good start for learning what works and what doesn’t.

Strong Nair -> Fair, Strong Nair -> Uair
0-65%

Strong Nair -> Fsmash
0-20%

Weak Nair -> Ftlit
0-50%

Weak Nair -> Fair, Weak Nair -> Uair
0-125%

Uthrow -> Fair, Uthrow -> Uair
0-70%

Uthrow -> Ftilt
0-15%

Weak Nair -> SideB
0-110%

Weak Nair -> Zdrop
0-100%
(After 100% ROB has to double jump. When he double jumps, he spins. Therefore, you have to RAR the Zdrop after 100%)

Weak Nair -> Item Toss -> SideB
0-85%

Dtilt -> Dtilt
15-70%
(This threshold is very high. Therefore, at low %, you can get more than 2. At 15%, you can Dtilt x5. Dtilt also has a chance to trip. The tripping animation may cause Dtilt to miss)

Dtilt -> Dsmash
35-70%

Dtilt -> Ftilt
40-75%

Additional note: Dthrow is only guaranteed at extremely high %. I’ve had Usmash miss at 150%. It seems good in training mode, but I think there’s a chance it’s terrible and shouldn’t be used, unless we’re talking 200+%.

Top Bottom