• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roast your favorite character

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:ultrichter: - It's "Die, monster. You don't belong in this world!" not "Begone! You don't belong in this word, monster!" That's twice you've misquoted your character, Mr. Vincent.

(And yes, I'm sure the change was made to keep it family friendly.)
WHAT IS A MAN?

Sorry I had to

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultyoshi: You've had a grand total of ONE universally loved game in your so called 'franchise', you're so integrated with your best friend forever Mario even Sakurai who gave you your own series slot forgot you weren't a 'MARIO' character in Sm4sh. You're the living embodiment of 'generic species' and yet get a free pass despite MORE UNIQUE 'generic' options such as Captain Toad and Bandana Waddle Dee catching **** for it and at the end of the day you are, at absolute best, a glorified power up that has somehow managed to drift by on it's cute looks for decades in order to secure a fanbase.

:ultluigi:You're single handedly responsible for one of the worst financial years for Nintendo in recent times. Your year of Luigi caused record losses, and you only had a grand total of four or five games in that year actually dedicated to your lanky useless ass. The fact you've been passed over as an optional second player in Odyssey after being the secret alternative character in the Galaxy games and a default player option in Super Mario 3D World speaks wonders. Everything you surround yourself with is a slightly ****tier version of what Mario has; Daisy is a Princess without a kingdom that your BROTHER rescued, Waluigi is a reflection of you and Wario, two characters that are worse versions of your brother, and despite being the superior jumper you let Mario have the glory of being known as Jumpman.

:ultmario: You're actually an utter piece of ****, you know that? You've kicked your saviour into numerous pits to save your own sorry ass, you undermine your own brother at every opportunity by never sticking up for him and you know you don't deserve the name of Jumpman when both Luigi and Yoshi jump better than you do. Like insanely better. You've kidnapped Cranky Kong, tried to kill a small baby ape, thrown penguins off of cliffs, killed numerous creatures of this world, and recently invaded the bodies of unwitting bystanders by possessing them with a ghostly hat. Also you're a quack. :ultdoc:

:ultbowser:Who hasn't defeated you at this point? For a main villain you sure get defeated by everyone a lot; Mario, Luigi and Yoshi obviously, but even the pacifistic Princess and a couple of Toads have cleaned your clock by this point. Can you imagine Ganon getting defeated by a couple of Deku Scrubs and Epona? Get your pathetic whipping boy ass in gear, stop pining over a girl like you're some dumb lovestruck teenager and take command already.
Also the fact that a hypothetical female powerup form for you has been the most interesting thing to happen to you in years is truly pitiful.

:ultpeach: You're less loved than Bowser's said fictional female powerup form at this point both in real life and in game. Your game was a flop, and not even added into your moveset. You're a ditz whose lost the support of all your kingdoms residents minus the Toads, and you could solve this issue easily by helping to use some of that pure princess magic to bring some happiness to all the residents instead of selfishly sitting back and letting the Toads wait on you hand and foot and then expecting the Mario Bros. to clear up whatever messes you cause instead of using diplomacy. Why the Toads even stay loyal when you use them as personal meatshields in this game is anyone's guess.

:ultdaisy: You don't even have a kingdom anymore. You're somehow a more incompetent Peach with zero loyal subjects...seriously what is your Toad equivalent? Peach has actually had to lend you a spare Toad just so you can be her echo. Your voice is arguably the most grating one in the entire series and in a world where both Toad, Yoshi and Bowser Jr exist that's pretty impressive.

:ultwario: Remember that time you got your castle blown up by Toad? Or Mario stole your golden statue and claimed it as his own achievement? Remember platforming and treasure hunting? Nah...now you're merely a shadow of your former glory days; stuck doing microgames with a cast of basic nobodies, and even getting overshadowed in your own series by a johnny come lately lolicon witch. How the mighty have fallen...

Last edited:

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
:ultness: - I've been maining you for 19 years but OOPS I just SD'd at 10% again because of a connection hiccup!

And every other member of the cast sounds more like a 13 year old boy than you do.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How dare [REDACTED]
Don't take it personally buddy, I actually love Ivysaur to death-
:ivysaur: - Why you gotta have a USELESS down-B? Who the hell wants to play as Squirtle/Charizard when you're so much better? PM is best version of you fam
-oh. Oh. So that's how it is, huh? Well alright then.

:ivysaur:- Ultimate isn't out yet but it looks like your neutral game playstyle has already been figured out. Razor Leaf and Bair, Razor Leaf and Bair, just over and over again. You know, because everyone just loves playing against zoning characters. And what is that neutral special? You already have an Up Smash you loser, you don't need two of them. You're lucky Smash DI isn't in the demo build or that move would have hardly any reason to exist. While we're at it, what is up with that worthless recovery move? It's 2018 pal, get a real up special. And if your grab is going to be wonky and slow anyway, at least make it a real tether grab instead of whatever that pathetic move is supposed to be. You're lucky to have that down special because the only reason anyone expects you to be any decent in Ultimate is because you have Squirtle and Charizard to carry you when projectile and bair spam isn't enough.

And don't think you're fooling anyone with that name there buddy, we all know you're actually an amphibian. You're only pretending to be a dinosaur so people will think you're cool like Charizard or Sceptile. And who's brilliant idea was it to have a rafflesia arnoldii growing out of your stupid amphibious back? Absolutely disgusting. Who wants to train a slimy toad who smells like rotting flesh? No wonder Up Smask kills so early, it's like a permanent Wario Waft. The Pokemon Trainer clearly doesn't have a sense of smell.

I hope type advantages come back so I can kill you off stage at like 20% with Charizard's Bair.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
:ultness: - I've been maining you for 19 years but OOPS I just SD'd at 10% again because of a connection hiccup!

And every other member of the cast sounds more like a 13 year old boy than you do.
As a fellow Ness main, I feel your pain, buddy, only for me it's less "connection hiccup" and "Goddamnit, I hit myself at the wrong angle again" or "This is what I get for playing on a stage with narrow vertical corridors". Thank God for the angle indicator Ultimate is introducing.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't take it personally buddy, I actually love Ivysaur to death-
-oh. Oh. So that's how it is, huh? Well alright then.

:ivysaur:- Ultimate isn't out yet but it looks like your neutral game playstyle has already been figured out. Razor Leaf and Bair, Razor Leaf and Bair, just over and over again. You know, because everyone just loves playing against zoning characters. And what is that neutral special? You already have an Up Smash you loser, you don't need two of them. You're lucky Smash DI isn't in the demo build or that move would have hardly any reason to exist. While we're at it, what is up with that worthless recovery move? It's 2018 pal, get a real up special. And if your grab is going to be wonky and slow anyway, at least make it a real tether grab instead of whatever that pathetic move is supposed to be. You're lucky to have that down special because the only reason anyone expects you to be any decent in Ultimate is because you have Squirtle and Charizard to carry you when projectile and bair spam isn't enough.

And don't think you're fooling anyone with that name there buddy, we all know you're actually an amphibian. You're only pretending to be a dinosaur so people will think you're cool like Charizard or Sceptile. And who's brilliant idea was it to have a rafflesia arnoldii growing out of your stupid amphibious back? Absolutely disgusting. Who wants to train a slimy toad who smells like rotting flesh? No wonder Up Smask kills so early, it's like a permament Wario Waft. The Pokemon Trainer clearly doesn't have a sense of smell.

I hope type advantages come back so I can kill you off stage at like 20% with Charizard's Bair.
Just absolute brutality

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:ultlink: Well excuuuuuuuuse me, I guess your left hand isn’t good enough for you anymore.

:ultzelda: Honey, did we really need another blonde bubbly princess rather than a respectable Queen Regnant?

:ultganondorf: Dude. You shaved. Wtf? And now you got a hair cut too? Please leave the derpy animations behind though, anything is an improvement on that.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
:ultrob: You're so forgettable as a character, a fake roster leak came out that didn't have you on it and nobody even noticed you were gone.

:ultkirby: Your limbs are so small, it's like doing a fencing match with a butter knife. Maybe that wouldn't be a problem if you were fast, but don't get me started on how non-aerodynamic your body is, either, which can never ever be fixed since that would be just too inaccurate.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
:ultrob: You aren't even a video game character.
:ultolimar: Enjoying your mid-life crisis? Your Brawl glory days are long behind you.
:ulttoonlink: Discount Young Link. Now that we have the OG back, why do we need you?
:ultbowserjr:Something something bottom tier

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
:ulticeclimbers: Ice Climbers you REALLY need a new Final Smash. The current one is just not too good.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
:ultzss:- Your lucky those ugly*** heels of yours give you a good recovery or I'd have been calling for the removal of those eyesores from day 1.

I was going to do the other characters I liked, but some of the roasts I came up with felt WAAAAAAY too mean.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey Sonic! Returning in Smash Ultimate I see?
Good. At least those games are consistently good and not rushed like yours. Oh and yeah and even when Melee had 13 months of developement it still turned out better then 06.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
:ultsimon: - Hey, Eternia called, He-Man’s missing another brother.

:ultryu: - Hadouken? More like watered down Kamehameha.

:ultridley: - You look like anorexic Barney the Dinosaur with wings.

:ultkrool: - You have one large and bulging eye and you still did a horrible job at keeping an eye on the Crystal Coconut.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultsimon: - Thor did the whole Blonde Barbarian shtick better #sorrynotsorry

Top Bottom