• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO! (updated on 4-19-2013)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is going to be a 5 event series hosted throughout 3 different cities all over Texas. It is going to be carefully run by a number of different TO's, including our very own LEGENDARY Xyro77 The Green Lesbian. We're going to have a huge increase in attendance, higher payouts, and a LOT of hype. We will end it off with a HUGE Championship Event with a large bonus pots and very extended payouts!

Series Schedule

March 9th - Houston - HOBO 39
April 20th - Tyler - Who's Tyler 4
May 11th - Houston - HOBO 40
July 20th - Dallas - Revolution 14
August/September - BREAK TIME (save money)
October 26th-27th - Houston - WHOBO 5=thread coming soon

*Schedule is subject to change.

Road to WHOBO Series Tournament Rules

These events will go by the standards of the EDITED Unity Ruleset.

Unity Ruleset can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

EDITS to the ruleset are as follows:

1. MK is legal in singles AND doubles.
2. There cannot be 2 MKs on one team in 2vs2.
3. The LGL is 50 for all characters and 35 for MK.
4. MK cannot choose RC/Brinstar as a stage under any circumstance.
5. MK's IDC glitch is banned

If you have any questions, just ask in this thread or any circuit thread.

Road to WHOBO Series Payouts

Payouts will be extended throughout every event. It will be based on a two-tier scale.

For 49 players or less:
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

For 50 players or more:
1st=40%
2nd=21%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th=5%
5th=5%
7th=2%
7th=2%

The final event will likely see payouts extend even further as well as a pot bonus.

Road to WHOBO series Lockdown

Lockdown:

The priority of circuit events over all other tournaments. Out of city traveling to all tournaments not a circuit event is discouraged. What this means is that there will be no Hobos, Phases, Nikefests, etc. during this time.

This does a couple of things.

-Encourages people to attend all circuit events from the desire to play/compete.
-Saves extra money that would be used for the attendance of other tournaments. This in turn helps give everybody the resources to attend.

We still encourage all local tournaments, smashfests, etc. to be held in your own cities at any point not during the circuit. This allows you to practice, train, and stay focused during the periods between each event.

Gea

Smash Master
Man these rulesets always crack me up with stuff like no double MK and special LGL limits. So silly.

So are you actually TOing the houston event?

Xyro77

Man these rulesets always crack me up with stuff like no double MK and special LGL limits. So silly.
I agree but there is really only 3 options and of those only 1 is truly viable.

Ban him
or
Keep him legal (unrestricted)
or
Keep him legal (restricted)

One option is what i WANT. One option is straight insane. One option is the "middle of the road." In order to revive/keep the scene alive i cant totally crap on one side.

So are you actually TOing the houston event?
Yes i will be personally running the first event and the last event. if any TO requests my help for their event ill drive there and help too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm interested that Gnes is interested in the people interested in this.

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Idk why xyro thinks so, but I have a static teammate because of what Mekos said.
He told me that a big problem with American dubs is no one has a static team mate, so you don't learn to have symmetry with your teammate.

USA is bad at dubs

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Idk if this is an issue or not.

C.J. (Marth main from FL) will be in TX in Febuary. He's gonna be in San Antonio for a day or two and I will be hosting a semi-big smashfest/tourney (like a Nikefest 4.5 or something). It will most likely be big enough to get alot of SA to show up. I guess my issue is if this would be considered during the Lockout period. If not (and OoC travel is actually encouraged), I might make a thread for it and hype it as such but I don't want to harm attendance for LCS2.

Also, hype.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I am so hype for this though

Brawl ain't going quietly into the night :p

Xyro77

Idk if this is an issue or not.

C.J. (Marth main from FL) will be in TX in Febuary. He's gonna be in San Antonio for a day or two and I will be hosting a semi-big smashfest/tourney (like a Nikefest 4.5 or something). It will most likely be big enough to get alot of SA to show up. I guess my issue is if this would be considered during the Lockout period. If not (and OoC travel is actually encouraged), I might make a thread for it and hype it as such but I don't want to harm attendance for LCS2.

Also, hype.
if its in feb then it is a month before the circuit. do w/e you want just dont drain SA's money, dam it.

So uhh, can I run Melee at the Houston events?
no. f you.

ill think about it.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm interested in the people interested in this.

Xyro77

Why are static teams encouraged?
:phone:[/QUOTE]

gffffvvnnbhj
people who team with each other all the time LEARN each other. they learn how each other acts in a team setting and thus can combo off of each other or read each others movement to set up traps. yes people can do that on the fly but ive never seen such deep and beautiful team work come from those types of teams. its the teams like espy/kprime and gnes/razer that really prove static teams are crazy good.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Do it, I'd definitely attend and 50% chance I would enter.......brawl.......
If melee is allowed, I will definitely not attend and there is a -50% chance I would enter......brawl......

That reverse pressure game.

Not really, melee is cool.

Top Bottom